Dustin King, 19, died from an overdos...

Dustin King, 19, died from an overdose of OxyContin, toxicologists said.

There are 10 comments on the The Globe and Mail story from May 30, 2011, titled Dustin King, 19, died from an overdose of OxyContin, toxicologists said.. In it, The Globe and Mail reports that:

She was a 48-year-old mother and former nurse, receiving disability payments for back pain.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Globe and Mail.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#2 May 31, 2011
Wow! This is really sad! May God Bless and be with there families.

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#6 Jun 2, 2011
This story is all too familiar. it's one of hundreds...breaks my heart.
mike

Pinellas Park, FL

#7 Jun 2, 2011
RIP MAN
RiP

United States

#8 Jun 2, 2011
Sad ... RiP

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#9 Jun 2, 2011
nobody deserves to die especially at such a young age. i know that here very shortly someone will post the most vile wicked things like its his fault and if he wasn't an addict or his parents cared- i think the people that post stuff like that are trash and will eventually be held accountable for their malicious and mean acts of cruelity. he was just a child per say and i highly doubt it was on purpose i mean honestly no one but GOD knows why he took it he might have truly been in pain and not informed about the risk so in my book GOD and GOD alone has the right to make judgement. I cant imagine how his parents feel and im almost positive they blame themselves when in all actuality there is truly nothing they could have done to stop it IMO. My heart and prayers go out to the family and all families who have lost someone. i hope my post makes sense and is not taken out of context i just hope if one of the heartless read it they will feel that my post stole their thunder and might spare everyone more pain, suffering, and anger. GOD bless everyone here and please be safe everyone.
P.S sorry to rant and rave it just kills me when things like this happen.
Jake

San Antonio, TX

#10 Jun 2, 2011
I love my Percocet more than life... :)
SashaStarr

United States

#11 Jun 2, 2011
The article states she was prescribed 1,000 mg oxycontin per day. That is an extremely high dose. I have been prescribed narcotic pain medication for about ten years and while on oxycontin, my highest dose was 160 mg and that was only for a short time and my Dr. weaned my dose down. It seems to me that in this case, the Dr. was negligent in prescribing such a high dose.

“I tell it like it is!”

Since: Jul 10

Location hidden

#12 Jun 2, 2011
SashaStarr wrote:
The article states she was prescribed 1,000 mg oxycontin per day. That is an extremely high dose. I have been prescribed narcotic pain medication for about ten years and while on oxycontin, my highest dose was 160 mg and that was only for a short time and my Dr. weaned my dose down. It seems to me that in this case, the Dr. was negligent in prescribing such a high dose.
Agreed! I can think of very few cases where a dosage this high would be appropriate. This doc was obviously being negligent, IMO!
Bob

United States

#13 Apr 9, 2012
Was this op oxycontin
sv

Crescent City, CA

#14 Jun 12, 2012
Jake wrote:
I love my Percocet more than life...:)
ur stupid

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brockville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brockville - The worst city in all of Canada (Feb '16) Oct 30 Loves brockville 3
News 12 eastern Ontario schools set to close followi... (Mar '17) Apr '17 stupid school board 2
News Environment Canada predicts snowstorms are head... (Mar '17) Mar '17 need 2 Brace 4 snow 1
News School buses and high school exams cancelled in... (Jan '17) Jan '17 Nelson 1
News 'Northern Spotlight' Charges 25 With Human Traf... (Oct '16) Oct '16 meanwhile 1
News Why Bike Safety is Still an Issue for Women in ... (Aug '16) Aug '16 Many do not get it 1
News More Than 94,000 Ontarians Join in Grassroots R... (May '16) May '16 sad but true 1
More from around the web