US Shopper

Ottawa, Canada

#1 Sep 9, 2010
It's one of those things you don't know you need until you try it. I recently discovered this service out of Ogdensburg, NY (only 25 minutes from Brockville). I signed up for a free US address in Ogdensburg, ordered a set of tires from TireRack, and went to pick them up. Even after paying taxes at the border (no duty because my tires were made in the USA), the tires came out to be almost 40% cheaper than if I bought them in Canada.

My advice to anyone in the Brockville/Prescott area - get a your own US address and stop paying Canadian retail prices.
Frank Quigley

Ottawa, Canada

#2 Sep 9, 2010
How much does it cost get a US address with these guys? I'd be interested in purchasing a plasma TV in the US. The prices are significantly better.
US Shopper

Ottawa, Canada

#3 Sep 14, 2010
It's free to get a US address with http://myusaddress.ca . You pay $5/package/pickup but that's nothing compared to the potential savings when you shop with US stores.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brockville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Book events from Dec. 13 Dec 11 dispatches from t... 1
Book events from Nov. 29 Nov 28 CFUW Georgetown H... 1
Ontario highway pileup sends eleven to hospital (Dec '13) Dec '13 accidents cost lo... 1
Judging the judges (May '12) May '13 stueysplace 8
Snowstorm from U.S. blasts Eastern Canada (Dec '12) Dec '12 Dick Miller 1
Talk about Brockville (Oct '12) Oct '12 okholly 1
Retired dog breeder accuses OSPCA of violating ... (Sep '12) Sep '12 MHF 1
More from around the web

NFL Latest News

Updated 5:51 am PST