BC 'regrets' historical hanging of aboriginal man

Nov 16, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Lake Cowichan Gazette

By Wawmeesh G. Hamilton - Alberni Valley News Published: November 15, 2012 7:00 PM Updated: November 15, 2012 8:13 PM The BC government is making amends to the Hesquiaht First Nation for the wrongful hanging of one of their ancestors 143 years ago.

Comments
1 - 6 of 6 Comments Last updated Nov 26, 2012

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

really?? Will it ever be enough for the aboriginals? Too much take take take.....and always want something else.
Hun

Port Alberni, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

My regret is we didn't get them all.What a sorry pathetic race of whining snivelers.So is the ass kissing government.
Idiot Child

Port Alberni, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 16, 2012

Absolutely unbelievable.When will we stop giving to these useless people?If the government pays what this person was worth it would come up nothing.This is the final straw.If the government pays these mooches I will never vote again because that would make me partially responsible for putting the stupidist government in the world in power.F*CK F*CK F*CK. I am ashamed of being a Canadian.
Redbone

Courtenay, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2012

Judged:

Every useless politician that sucks up to the natives should be fired.The government is supposed to work for the taxpayers.The natives are just leeches on Canadas ass.
Hun

Duncan, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

I just discovered that one of my relatives was killed by Maquinna and his tribe.I am traumatized.However,if was given a million bucks and and decent ass kissing apology I will be made whole again.All major credit cards accepted.

Since: Nov 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 26, 2012

Hun wrote:
I just discovered that one of my relatives was killed by Maquinna and his tribe.I am traumatized.However,if was given a million bucks and and decent ass kissing apology I will be made whole again.All major credit cards accepted.
Maybe you should appeal to the Province as well!! we should all look into our past see if we can get some of that free money, oh wait....not native so I guess we are screwed.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent British Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The Ministry for childen and family development... (Sep '13) 3 hr Kat 22
Sikh religion viewed unfavorably in B.C. (May '09) 13 hr tommy 10,927
Why Vancouver sucks (Dec '07) 20 hr Boniface Lau 10,158
UFO over forest fire: Canadian news crew captur... Tue PAUL SHYKORA arts 4
Child luring charges laid against Delta, B.C., men Tue concerned in ladner 1
hitchBOT completes 6,000 km cross-Canada trip Aug 18 cross country che... 1
Hitchhiking robot charms its way across Canada Aug 17 William 3

Search the British Columbia Forum:
•••