Cycling accident puts Nanaimo man, 28...

Cycling accident puts Nanaimo man, 28, on life support

There are 3 comments on the CBC News story from Nov 18, 2012, titled Cycling accident puts Nanaimo man, 28, on life support. In it, CBC News reports that:

Police in Nanaimo said they are considering reaching out with an awareness campaign to encourage cyclists to take safety precautions when heading out in dark and rainy weather.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC News.

Comox, Canada

#1 Nov 19, 2012
While working nightshift I have nearly clobbered several people on bicycles and skateboards.They travel with no lights or reflective clothing which makes them nearly impossible to see at night.Get killed if you must,just use someone elses car to get hit by.Please.

#2 Mar 7, 2014
I wonder, though, if the driver (who crossed the cyclist's lane) used their turn signal. If not, which I suspect is the case, then they are at fault. Too many drivers don't use their turn signals when they THINK nobody needs to know they are turning. Prime example of why that tiny little action - a flick of the hand - should always be taken.
White Knight

Parksville, Canada

#3 Apr 11, 2014
No Helmets ...Riding on wrong side of the road ....Riding on sidewalks ...Running yellow and red lights.... Not stopping at stop signs ....Not signalling...No lights at Night.... Dark clothing...Zig Zagging across traffic Lanes...
I see this everyday from Bike riders,it's not occasionally, it's typical..
The fact there's not more bike riders smucked is the puzzle, not that there is the odd one ..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

British Columbia Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Jehovah's Witness grandparents ordered to keep ... 1 hr little lamb 159
The Ministry for childen and family development... (Sep '13) 18 hr John 61
News B.C. VIEWS: Lights out for Site C opponents 23 hr sad 1
News Looking Back: Before internment in Pitt Meadows Wed Brain Pilaster - ... 1
News Third of dying hospital patients marked to rece... Nov 24 sad 1
News Why fatty liver disease is on the rise Nov 24 Big Gay Eric Fan 3
News Pharmacy owner wants city, province to regulate... Nov 24 PALISTER the New ... 1
More from around the web