Crime capital of Ontario; City, polic...

Crime capital of Ontario; City, police dispute Maclean's story...

There are 54 comments on the Holly's Fight to Stop Violence story from Mar 15, 2008, titled Crime capital of Ontario; City, police dispute Maclean's story.... In it, Holly's Fight to Stop Violence reports that:

“Maybe the communities that are reporting less are doing less”

Brantford mayor Mike Hancock and Brantford Police Inspector Scott Easto listen as deputy police chief Jeff Kellner talks about a Macleans magazine article identifying Brantford as having the highest crime rate ... via Holly's Fight to Stop Violence

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Holly's Fight to Stop Violence.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Michael Corleone

Toronto, Canada

#1 Mar 25, 2008
Brantford has a high proportion of crime mainly due to the drug trade in the city and it is only getting worse.Crack cocaine is the future of Brantford!As far as sexual assaults Deputy Cheif Kellner should know all about them.10 years ago when sexual assaults were the "in thing",Kellner could not wait to charge men...innocent or guilty...as long as he earns his brownie points.Brantford has the problems that it has because the people have no respect for trouble makers like Deputy Chief Kellner.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Joseph

Toronto, Canada

#2 Mar 25, 2008
Having lived in Brantford for the last 25 years I have no idea why the Mayor and Police have a problem with the MacLean's article.Brantford is "welfare capital of the world".No one works in the city it is much easier to sell drugs.Brantford is also "Crackhead capital of the world".It is funny to see that the Mayor and his illustrious sidekick Kellner fail to mention this.If you go to downtown Brantford today you will be solicited by the "crackwhores" which reside on every street corner.....The Mayor and Kellner fail to mention this.The reason that they fail to mention this is because either of them would never have a girlfriend if it was not for the crackwhores!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Lynn

Ottawa, Canada

#3 Mar 28, 2008
Brantford is getting bad for drug dealing.We have a crackhouse down the street from our house and I forbid my kids to walk on the same side of the street as the crackhouse.Traffic never stops all hours of the night.The police come by but that is about all they do.
Bryan

Toronto, Canada

#4 Apr 6, 2008
I was went through Brantford not too long ago and all I saw in the downtown is losers and junkies.Wayne Gretzky was not one of them!
ricky

Mississauga, Canada

#5 Apr 29, 2008
and they steal you name when the crack heads get busted then the people pay thousands 2 clear there name and the police take there word for who they are nice job coppers do you job right you help them screw peoples life do your job
Joseph

Brantford, Canada

#8 Jul 6, 2008
Its too bad I am on disability for my mental disorder. I was unable to go to University because I dropped out of Grade 10 Home Economics. It seems the only thing I can do now is sit at home on the computer all day while I wait for my cheque.

Someone needs to address the real issues here. If my wife didn't hate me and my kids respected me, I would have a decent career.
No Real Data

Hamilton, Canada

#11 Jul 12, 2008
Homicides : last week said none in Halton etc.

Our interactive maps show where and when each of the GTA's homicides happened for 2005, 2006, 2007 and 2008 to date.

http://www3.thestar.com/static/googlemaps/hom...
Cover up

Hamilton, Canada

#12 Jul 12, 2008
now no GTA Greater Toronto Area GTA regions listed
Joseph

Kitchener, Canada

#13 Jul 18, 2008
I on the other hand think that the Police don't get paid enough for the hard work that they do. I bet David has a criminal record for being a diddler or crack head. I am sure he has been arrested for something. Or is it that he couldn't pass the physical testing to get in? Whatever it is, he sure has a mature way of expressing his opinions.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Joanne

Brantford, Canada

#14 Jul 19, 2008
I was suprised when I came across this article. I had a crack head break into my house and steal my childrens things. The guy took off when the Police showed up and the guy was arrested by Constable Tollar and other officers.

Thankfully, the Brantford Police got all my stuff back!If they were not out there protecting our lives and property, where would we be.

Keep up the good work! Losers like David obviously have been arrested for beating their wives and/or kids. I would bet that David and Paul would be scared shitless to do the job the Police have too.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Kenny

Ottawa, Canada

#16 Aug 1, 2008
Joseph wrote:
I on the other hand think that the Police don't get paid enough for the hard work that they do. I bet David has a criminal record for being a diddler or crack head. I am sure he has been arrested for something. Or is it that he couldn't pass the physical testing to get in? Whatever it is, he sure has a mature way of expressing his opinions.
Not all guys can be as lucky and fortunate as you to be able to scam a disabilty cheque.
Todd

Ottawa, Canada

#19 Aug 27, 2008
Here is a great website from a typical Brantford dude:
Glenn

Ottawa, Canada

#20 Aug 27, 2008
Joanne wrote:
I was suprised when I came across this article. I had a crack head break into my house and steal my childrens things. The guy took off when the Police showed up and the guy was arrested by Constable Tollar and other officers.
Thankfully, the Brantford Police got all my stuff back!If they were not out there protecting our lives and property, where would we be.
Keep up the good work! Losers like David obviously have been arrested for beating their wives and/or kids. I would bet that David and Paul would be scared shitless to do the job the Police have too.
You should stop hanging around with the crackheads and you would not have that problem

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Glenn

Ottawa, Canada

#21 Aug 27, 2008
Michael Corleone wrote:
Brantford has a high proportion of crime mainly due to the drug trade in the city and it is only getting worse.Crack cocaine is the future of Brantford!As far as sexual assaults Deputy Cheif Kellner should know all about them.10 years ago when sexual assaults were the "in thing",Kellner could not wait to charge men...innocent or guilty...as long as he earns his brownie points.Brantford has the problems that it has because the people have no respect for trouble makers like Deputy Chief Kellner.
I know the kind of cop you are talking about.The cop is alot more of a nuisance and a menace to society than the criminals.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Glenn

Ottawa, Canada

#22 Aug 27, 2008
Joseph wrote:
Having lived in Brantford for the last 25 years I have no idea why the Mayor and Police have a problem with the MacLean's article.Brantford is "welfare capital of the world".No one works in the city it is much easier to sell drugs.Brantford is also "Crackhead capital of the world".It is funny to see that the Mayor and his illustrious sidekick Kellner fail to mention this.If you go to downtown Brantford today you will be solicited by the "crackwhores" which reside on every street corner.....The Mayor and Kellner fail to mention this.The reason that they fail to mention this is because either of them would never have a girlfriend if it was not for the crackwhores!
There are crackwhores in every dowtown,not just Brantford.Maybe if you have seen or knew these guys wives you would understand why they like the crackwhores.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
JaYEe COP-WOMAN HATER

Brampton, Canada

#26 Nov 22, 2008
Brantford Police are a fucking joke they sit around and wait for a stupid domestic dispute so they can go back to the station and brag about how cool and tuff they are, Meanwhile all these drug dealers walk the streets selling there shit,even the cops are buying drugs from downtown.
Oh and another thing about this domestic shit, Coppers Some women need to have the shit beat out of them women have far to much pull in society today.It's time for us men to stick together and show these bitches we are the leaders we have the power, so don't be afraid to smack ur bitch around once in awhile specially if ur going through a divorce or custody battle, then u need a nice aluminum baseball bat for her pretty little head.(yes I have anger issues thanx to our justice system and how women always get the higher hand)men lets take our rights back

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Tony

Ottawa, Canada

#27 Nov 26, 2008
JaYEe COP-WOMAN HATER wrote:
Brantford Police are a fucking joke they sit around and wait for a stupid domestic dispute so they can go back to the station and brag about how cool and tuff they are, Meanwhile all these drug dealers walk the streets selling there shit,even the cops are buying drugs from downtown.
Oh and another thing about this domestic shit, Coppers Some women need to have the shit beat out of them women have far to much pull in society today.It's time for us men to stick together and show these bitches we are the leaders we have the power, so don't be afraid to smack ur bitch around once in awhile specially if ur going through a divorce or custody battle, then u need a nice aluminum baseball bat for her pretty little head.(yes I have anger issues thanx to our justice system and how women always get the higher hand)men lets take our rights back
You are damn right they are a joke! and that is what they do sit around waiting for a domestic dispute.If it is the woman that is doing the abusing the guy still gets arrested...and then he cannot go back to his own house....the house that he paid for.What a joke! As far as women cops are concerned......they are even a bigger joke! What the hell good are they? The only thing that they represent to me is "lesbians with badges".I have never met a woman cop that I have respect for ...or ever will.The only reason I would want to be confronted by a woman cop is so I can spit in her face!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lori

Marathon, Canada

#28 Feb 12, 2009
JaYEe COP-WOMAN HATER wrote:
ur very very strange ppl like u r causeing bad things in the world,, shame on u tisk tisk someone will b going to hell when they dies im not gonna say who but i think u might know him??
ur probably going to have a very hard life on what u just said unless u already do and i would'nt be very suprised to hear that i do agree that the man cops are wimps but hey would'nt u be scared also to go in a shooting if u were a cop or would just go right throw it and also i think u may need to get back in touch with god!! that will do u some good cause ppl that r pussys like u can only say it on the internet and not to their face u fucker!!!
aulora

London, Canada

#29 Mar 24, 2009
actually i agreee that brantford is bad but stratford and Durham are both worse for harder drugs then brantford.... and toronto is pretty rough but stratford and durham are the meth and speed capitals of ontario
Sherman

Ottawa, Canada

#34 Oct 7, 2009
Joanne wrote:
The cop never gave you back your panties? I figured that he would keep them to sniff. But then again that cop is a Sheepophile!.....BAAAAAAAAA!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Brantford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brantford Music Thread (Oct '12) May 17 Musikologist 13
News Indigenous artist Shelley Niro wins $50,000 Sco... May 9 bc votes last nite 1
News Ontario debating school bus cameras to catch dr... May 7 Mary 1
News Home prices on fire: Risk and reward in Ontario... May 3 John Deere 1
News Postmedia newspapers honoured with 21 Ontario N... Apr 30 Meg 1
News EDITORIAL: Learning from Ontario's basic income... Apr 29 linguistic somers... 1
News Ontario to launch basic income test this spring... Apr 26 sure 1
More from around the web