Wind turbines proposed for lake

Wind turbines proposed for lake

There are 1 comment on the Watertown Daily Times story from Aug 3, 2009, titled Wind turbines proposed for lake. In it, Watertown Daily Times reports that:

The shoals off Main Duck Island, on the Canadian side of Lake Ontario, may host an offshore wind power project.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Watertown Daily Times.

Cape Lady

Cape Vincent, NY

#1 Aug 5, 2009
I hope this never comes to fruition. It appears our Canadian neighbors are bent on polluting the Great Lakes and the St. Lawrence River with an industrial wasteland of rust and outdated technology for the lack of true conservation, imagination and the need to be perceived as an ecologically, politically correct nation. When in fact, if they were truly that, they would preserve the water fronts, wetlands, marine species and viewscape that doesn't exist anyplace else in this world. Shame on the Canadian Government for even thinking about doing this.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Bath Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News No parole for 'Toronto 18' ringleader Fahim Ahmad (Sep '14) Sep '14 tough love 1
News Last Western detainee at Gitmo returns to Canada (Sep '12) Sep '12 GLOBAL IDIOTS RAC... 2
News 2 N.C. State golfers head to Turkey (Sep '12) Sep '12 TURKIYE 1
News Business rises to eco challenge (Mar '11) Mar '11 Next 4 U 1
News Perkins: Enjoy Heat slump while it lasts (Dec '10) Dec '10 sports studies 1
News GPS to Ontario driver: make left turn into swam... (Dec '10) Dec '10 road studies 1
News Super-Session with Big Sugar and The Trews to o... (Dec '10) Dec '10 music studies 1
More from around the web