Barrie OPP
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
A cocerned Resedent

Mount Morris, IL

#1 May 14, 2006
A few days ago me and my wife had a run in with the barrie police service and have to say that if i had to relie on them again ill buy a gun first. When we were trying to move and had problems with locks being changed even as far as the super saying she was going to get my kid "no matter what, and my kid was her son" the barrie police went so far as to say they were going to throw me and my wife in jail. Now what about this woman who thinks other childern belong to her is she in for help no shes at home not even a block from a junior school no is this safe of course not this is a risk and what are the police doing nothing. Now i dont go for violince but when it comes to my family done go there and when the police think that someone who thinks she can take kids ill buy a gun instead of calling the police.
A CONCERNED RESIDENT

United States

#2 Jul 22, 2006
After attempting to read this last post, I'm fairly concerned about the kind of education this person has, and whether or not the school system failed them.
Kaylee Rice

Rising Sun, MD

#3 Aug 15, 2006
Just so you know, the bulk of our illiterate population are between thirty to forty at a time when the school system was playing around with various kinds of teaching methods. Let's just say that this age group was a bit roughed up.
Nick

United States

#4 Sep 15, 2006
Well, I agree barrie police service is kind of a joke (well, not all of them but alot of them are)

My suggestion is to head over to the Barrie OPP detachment, ask to talk to a constable and explain your story...clearly and they may be able to pry some sypathy for you. There has been alot of controvery over the Barrie Police service. A few years back, a member of barrie OPP was arrested on DUI by barrie OPP, while conducting a ride program. Shady in my opinion..drunk cop? I would talk to some police agency OTHER than the barrie police service for advice. South simcoe police, Barrie OPP, Huronia west OPP etc....
Nick

United States

#5 Sep 16, 2006
***sorry...i meant a member of barrie police was arrested by barrie opp...
Tyler

Saint George, UT

#6 May 28, 2007
A few years back I went to the Barrie Police Services to report some Illegal Activities that I knew were going on with respects to corruption in a municipal government. Is it normal practice to be harrassed, threatened, have justice obstructed, extorted and exploited, privacy invaded, name slandered and
interference in employment oppertunities.
I really think the Barrie O.P.P need to investigate Mayor Dave Aspden and for that matter Barrie's City Hall, actually it should go back to Mayor Perry. If the police had contacted me, in an investigation I would gladly inform them of everything I know.
I know the police have a tough job, but I feel that if no investigation goes on, then bigger problems will definately occur.
I've had to battle with my respect for authorities because of what I've been put through by them.
I am willing to share and testify to Fraud and Drugs among other things that have gone on in
City Hall.
I've grown tired of the garbage, but crime is crime and it shouldn't matter as to the position of employment and the person getting away with it.
We count on the police to serve and protect.
With that said, thank-you to whichever agency has finally given me a bit of relief from the 5-6 years of governmental opression.
Though I'm sure the feud is far from over, I'm more inclined to have a little more respect for the authorities, and it will likely make me want to rethink my approach on matters.
Regards, T.J.
Barrie Tax payer

Cincinnati, OH

#9 Oct 2, 2007
In regards to the first post. I sincerely think that you probably dropped the lines of communication with the police in regards to your concerns judging by your literary skills. Next time you have dealings with the police, compose yourself then get someone to translate your inbred, white trash slang into English so police can deal with it appropriately.
Good-day Sir
I have had dealings with the Barrie Police and have no concerns about the professionalism and service they perform.(you live in Alliston go to South Simcoe)-- PS they all went to the same college OPC
Mark

Magog, Canada

#10 Nov 9, 2007
A level of education should not make one more guilty than another, nor should it subject them to police harassment. Case-in-point, a friend of mine was at a party the other night that was broken up by the Barrie police. They demanded that everyone leave the party and go home. My friend, who was to drunk to drive, and had no money for a cab stated that he had to stay there, unless the police would give him a ride home. One particular cop refused, of course, and asked him to step outside and identify his vehicle. When he did,the ploice tried to make him enter his vehicle. When my friend, who is educated, refused, the policeman told him top give him his I.D. Reluctantly, he gave it to him and asked him for his name and badge number. He refused to tell him (illegal??). My friend then informed the policeman that he had to go inside to go pee, which was a perfect opportunity for the cop to harrass him some more, allowing only a few inches for my friend to pass between him and the door while being told that he wasn't allowed to touch him. The ggreat part is, my friend recorded the whole thing on his phone, which will probably not do anything towards repremanding the police officer as the brotherhood seems to have fun treating people unjustly. Personally, the story discusts me! Another reason to not call the cops when they are needed, unless you are affluent, of course!
Also Tax Payer

Barrie, Canada

#11 Jan 21, 2008
[There are far too many unsolved crimes in Barrie. I do put the blame on the Police, if not for finding the people who done this, then for not doing their jobs by keeping Barrie residents safe to begin with. I hear stories everyday about how the Barrie police are complete idiots and don't care about anything but shooting guns, playing hockey, and hanging out with other cops. They always seem to be too busy for the people.. too busy? with what? No serious crimes in Barrie have been solved without confessions, or the police "stumbling" across narcotics while performing routine traffic stops.. if you can call someone having a few ounces of weed a serious offence, yet the newspaper make them look like heroes for it. I wish the paper would stop writing about the little crimes the police happen to solve, and remind the public about the stuff that matters. Maybe no one wanted to come forward at the time when the lady was shot at 300 Browning Trail, the female special needs person who was assaulted in the bush, the lady who was stabbed at 228 Dunlop, or Alexandra,(I could go on with unsolved Barrie crimes) but maybe they will now. Unfortunately, the police do not want to bring up these cases again because it will only strengthen peoples belief about the Barrie police being an incompetent corrupt organization. I hope the person who committed this horrible crime will be brought to justice, but I doubt the Barrie police are the people who can do this. My prayers go out to the families of all missing persons. I can't imagine (would never want to be put in that situation) the pain, sorrow and anger you feel, I only wish the people of Barrie had a more ambitious system to bring them closure.

There are far too many unsolved crimes in Barrie. I do put the blame on the Police, if not for not finding the people who commit them, then for not doing their jobs by keeping Barrie residents safe to begin with. I hear stories everyday about how the Barrie police are complete idiots and don't care about anything but shooting guns, playing hockey, being bullies, and hanging out with other cops. They always seem to be too busy for the people.. too busy? with what? No serious crimes in Barrie have been solved without confessions, or the police "stumbling" across narcotics while performing routine traffic stops.. if you can call someone having a few ounces of weed a serious offence, yet the newspaper makes them look like heroes for it. I wish the paper would stop writing about the little crimes the police happen to blindly solve, and remind the public about the stuff that matters. How about the lady that was shot at 300 Browning Trail, the female special needs person who was assaulted in the bush, the lady who was stabbed at 228 Dunlop, or Alexandra that went missing in Sunnydale Park,(I could go on with unsolved Barrie crimes). Unfortunately, the police do not want to bring up these cases again because it will only strengthen peoples belief about the Barrie police being an incompetent corrupt organization. I hope the people who commit crimes will be brought to justice, but I doubt the Barrie police are people who can do this. They are too busy bragging about how they assault, threaten, and scare the citizens of Barrie.. they also enjoy bragging about how many ways they can break the law and get away with it, the big guns they get a hard on over... and so on. I have very little respect foe the Barrie police, the respect I do have comes from ONE officer that treated me with the respect I deserve as a person. The police are bullies and need to be brought to justice for the crimes they commit.
Also Tax Payer

Barrie, Canada

#12 Jan 21, 2008
Sorry, I wanted to post the second version of my reply, but both were copied and pasted. I would like to add that not ALL police are morons. I have never been disrespected by any OPP officer, or police forces from other towns/cities. Tere is something wrong with the Barrie force.
Just A Guy

Barrie, Canada

#13 Feb 7, 2008
I am not going to discount anything anyone has said as these are merely peoples opinions.

However I am a firm believer that before you critisize a man/woman you should see life through their eyes.

The City of Barrie is in severe need of organization with regards to how calls for emergency services are prioritized. If you are a resident of the city you will know that the BPS responds to "noise by-law complaints" yet almost everywhere else the MLEO(municipal law enforcement officers) or By-Law officers respond to this type of call.

Why does the city feel the need to have armed uniformed officers waste their time responding to noisy neighbours? Barrie By-Law should handle these calls. I am not aware of stats for this issue but to the best of the public knowledge there have been no violent confrontations arising from a noise complaint.

One of the previous posts stated something with regards to police response times, and in defense of the BPS the types of calls which they respond to range from "I don't like my neighbour" to serious crime calls. These calls are placed in a priority sequence and are responded to in kind.

For those who aren't aware, Barrie is a "hub" for criminals. We are the closest city to CNCC. When you get out of the superjail they give you money and your personal items and tell you to get on a bus. Those buses go to Barrie.

This city also has a severe crack problem and the drug issues are continually getting worse as people coming up to Barrie from Toronto to sell their "wares".

Barrie police officers and detectives are busy 24 hours a day trying to deal with these issues.

I have a hard time believing that every person who comes in contact with a Barrie Police officer has a negative experience.

In closing the one thing people need to understand is that police officers from all police services are similar. And there is always going to be a rotten apple in the basket so to speak.

When you have to deal with what these guys/gals deal with then you have the right to complain about how they do their job so until then, suck it up, and deal with it, as I highly doubt that the BPS is the reason your life is messed up...
Agree

Canada

#14 Feb 12, 2008
Just A Guy, very well put. Barrie has some big city problems that are keeping our police very busy.

The average Barrie resident has no idea what is going on when they sleep.

If anyone thinks they can do better, I think the Barrie Police are hiring right now.

Our Cops are Tops!
Just A Guy

Barrie, Canada

#15 Feb 12, 2008
Thank you for having an insightful well informed opinion. I find all too often that people just hear stories or have their own issues and form opinions regarding the quality of the job our local police service does.

If you don't get in trouble with the police then you should most likely have positive interactions with them.

It is true the Barrie Police will be hiring this year.
concerned citizen

Barrie, Canada

#16 Mar 17, 2008
I HAD THE MISFORTUNE TO HAVE AN ACCIDENT NOT TOO LONG AGO.IT WASN'T MY FAULT, I WAS HIT BROAD SIDE BY ANOTHER CAR.WHEN POLICE ARRIVED I WAS QUESTIONED WHILE THE OTHER DRIVER DISAPPEARED FOR A WHILE.WHILE BEING QUESTIONED,THEY MADE ME FEEL LIKE IT WAS MY FAULT,THEY WERE VERY RUDE AND DISRISPECTFUL.WHEN THE OTHER DRIVER WAS QUESTIONED IT WAS FOUND HE HAD A LIQUID LUNCH AFEW TOO MANY.AVEN THEN I WAS MADE TO FEEL GUILTY BY THE WAY THE POLICE TREATED ME,IJUST FINISHED WORK AND WAS ON MY WAY HOME. JUST BECAUSE IM A FEMALE I SHOULD NOT BE TREATED LIKE A SECOND CLASS CITIZEN.THERE ARE GOOD COPS OUT THERE WHO HAS RESPECT FOR EVERYONE, AND THERE ARE THOSE WHO THINK THEY ARE GODS.BE WERY CAREFUL WE TAXPAYERS PAY YOUR WAGES WE CAN TAKE IT AWAY.THANK YOU.
Just a Guy

Barrie, Canada

#17 Mar 23, 2008
TO: CONCERNED...

It's unfortunate that you feel that way about the situation you were involved in. But in the defense of the police, while investigating various crimes/accidents, all parties involved are questioned in the same manner. Your perception of the events could be accurate, but don't assume that the other persons involved weren't dealt with in the same manner. Unless you were sitting there while the other driver was being interviewed (which I highly doubt you were) than you should give the police on scene the benefit of the doubt.

Another point that needs to be cleared up, is the fact that you said you felt like you were treated as a second class citizen...Please don't act like this is the fourties again, you are no less of a citizen than the officer that attended your accident.

If you don't feel that the Barrie Police do a bang up with regards to impaired drivers and intoxicated persons, I urge you to read the daily press release section on the Barrie Police website. Alomst daily you can find an impaired arrest or another type of chemical dependancy issue resulting in an arrest.

Also although police officers are paid with municipal money, and some of that money does come from taxes I think you should re-evaluate how much of the police salaries you pay and how you are going to take those salaries away...That is the wrong mindset to have while interacting with police, it will get you nowhere FAST...
Barrie Tax Payer

Midland, Canada

#18 May 20, 2008
Just A Guy,

We DO see it through their eyes. Your rhetoric stating that Barrie is the "hub" of crime central is nothing but myth. Proven by the BPS lack of effort in their own jobs by driving around all day drinking coffee in a car that is upwards of $30k!

Perhaps the city wouldn't have a crack problem if your officers were not dealing out the substances in the first place. Of course we have to question if there even is a crack problem or crime problem in Barrie if all you idiots do is attack parents of children!!!!

Last time I checked a civilian with a child and no criminal record was NOT an armed thug. While you have tasers, booklet proof vests, guns, dogs and goodness knows what else!

Another point that needs to be cleared up, is the fact that you said you felt like you were treated as a second class citizen...Please don't act like this is the fourties again, you are no less of a citizen than the officer that attended your accident."

We are "less" of a citizen when you can go around assaulting innocent people and we, the good citizens of Barrie, can do little about it!

Interesting that in order to prove your point on drinking and driving your urge readers to vist a site that is full of propaganda and would obviously show the BPS in good light. The reality is you go around hurting INNOCENT people and while you do that REAL drunk drivers get away!

Just because YOU never have had a bad problem does not mean it does NOT exist. In fact, it exists to the point where a good apple turned against them and at least did his civic duty and called in that officer that sent those racist emails! You want to know what happend. The officer that blew the whistle got charged with a BS weapons handling while the corrupt detective just gets shuffled!

"If you don't get in trouble with the police then you should most likely have positive interactions with them."

Then how do you explain how a civilian who had a child and no criminal record got beat up in a traffic stop? No answers? I thought so!

BPS always right even if they kill you and molest your child!

And with that in mind! With all that corruption you take the biggest chunk out of the Barrie budget next to greedy politicians, Mayor and council. Its time that you idiots take a cut!
Barrie Tax Payer

Midland, Canada

#19 May 20, 2008
"When you have to deal with what these guys/gals deal with then you have the right to complain about how they do their job so until then, suck it up, and deal with it, as I highly doubt that the BPS is the reason your life is messed up..."

Tell you what, how about if I pull you over, put YOU in the hospital then go for YOUR child. All of a sudden the reason one persons life is messed up by the BPS is very real and legit!
Barrie Tax Payer

Midland, Canada

#20 May 20, 2008
no doubt they have type monkies to "monitor" such sites as these to paint the BPS as "good people". Then they wonder why the crime is "high." How about getting out of that cubicle and actually doing your job.
Just a Guy

Barrie, Canada

#21 May 30, 2008
LOL

Did you go off your meds?

Seriously I have a hard time believing that people actually think that BPS molests people and puts them in the hospital for no reason.

I am in a cubicle and I am not monitoring this site for BPS. The idea that the police have people sitting around watching forums for police bashing is just insane...

They are there to serve and protect the public and to put criminals in jail.

I can't say where I have read in the news that an innocent person who was never charged with an offence was arrested then assaulted (without resisting) and then tazed.

By the way just for the uneducated such as yourself the Ontario Laws state that only specialized teams (tactial) and supervisors are permitted to carry tazers. So there are very few people with tazers running around out there...

Most of the incidents where a tazer is used is a result of the person who is under arrest being an assaultive, mouthy jerk off and they need to be brought under control.

You want to talk about crack problem versus crime problem??? walk down Ross St and Mary St. and count the crack heads on one hand... Then ask yourself would I want to live near these disease ridden crack heads?

if you are just a normal citizen and you have an issue with the way the police do their job then I urge you to do what everone else does in Barie and call you MPP/council member/MP/mayor/anyone else who will listen to your rediculous ideas.

Finally I would like to address the comment regarding the notion that there are Barrie Police officers dealing drugs on our streets...

I would like to see it one day when you are in need of assistance and you have no police around to help because you painted them as drug dealers... Then I am sure you will bitch that they are never there when you need them.

In conclusion if the way policing in Canada is performed bothers you so greatly, move to the states and see how your shit flies there.

They don't ask questions they answer the questions for you and they also don't bother to try to coddle your dumb ass as they DON'T HAVE THE TIME...THEY ARE NOT BABYSITTERS!!!

Here is a little joke that is true to the letter pretty well any where you go...

Hello you have reached the police departments voice mail, please pay close attention as we update choices often as new and unusual circumstances arrive:

Please select one of the following options:

1. To whine about us no doing anything to solve a problem that you created...press one

To inquire as to whether someone has to die before we will do something about a problem please...press two

To report an officer for bad manners when in reality the officer is trying to keep your neighbourhood safe...press three

If you would like us to raise your children...press four

If you would like us to take control of your life due to your chemical dependancy...press five

If you would like us to instantly restore order to a situation that took years to deteriorate...press six

to provide a list of officers you know so that we will not take enforcement action against you...press seven

to sue us or tell us that you pay our salary and you will have our badge or to proclaim our career is over...press eight

to whine about a ticket and or complain about the many other uses for police rather than keeping your dumbass in line...press nine

Please note that your call may be monitored to ensure proper customer support and remember we are here to save your butts not kiss them...

Thanks for calling your local police department and have a great day...

That is the day in the life of a police officer in a nut shell...So when there is an armed person running around your neighborhood, if you won't stand behind the police, try standing infront of them...
Barrie Tax Payer

Midland, Canada

#22 Jun 1, 2008
I agree your smoking something strong to go on about Barrie Drug conspiracy theories
Thats because you lack knowledge and experience withe BPS
Thanks for proving my point. You should be doing REAL work.
Not when they beat up parents!
http://youtube.com/watch...
http://rinf.com/alt-news/breaking-news/cops-t...

Thats just a few of thousands!
LoL I'm uneducated yet you have no clue about what the BPS are doing? At least I graduated high school. ;-)
Great, so they call in people that carry them while they continue to beat up the parent. lol so much for safety.
B.S. It is ILLEGAL to use any weapon against an unarmed person. Simply because one is a "mouthy jerk" does not give an officer a right to use the taser and your comment proves my point that A.) you are very uneducated about the use of the taser and B.) Why they should not be used as uneducated and illiterate people like you think anyone who knows their rights as a citizen is a "mouthy jerk.
lol again, with the drug conspiracies. you really should be taking something!
Rediculus ideas are people like you who think you have the right to tase unarmed parents with children. As for the MP/Mpp. well lets see you morons have been caught drinking and driving, causing fights and yet you get a letter from the Mayor excusing your behavior and misconduct. Yet you then wonder why us ordinary citizens do not trust you. Perhaps if you start following the law like everyone else AND NOT get special treatment would be a start!.
Why would I call someone who does nothing but drive around all day eating doughnuts, causing crime, has no respect for the law or innocent people and thinks everyone but himself are the "problem"? I would never call a pussy who is scared of unarmed parents driving station wagons!
LOL thats the only answer you have left "if you don't like it move" lol. ok but you owe me and the citizens of this great country 100% of your budget for doing a crappy job. Then we will move, all of us from Doctors, Lawyers, School teachers, Parents, the lot and all you will have left is just bad police.
They are worse! Babysitters do NOT go around tasering the children they are babysitting. OF course they don't ask questions. They are too stupid to and as fo coddling your dumb as, how about you step out of that cubicle and clean up the streets and go after REAL criminals. Not parents in station wagons! Stop being a whiny pussy and do the job your supposed to do!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barrie Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barrie Salon refusing to honour their listed we... (Jul '13) Aug 3 janessss 11
News Severe thunderstorm watch issued for much of so... May '17 Hail 2 as USA ham... 1
News Home prices on fire: Risk and reward in Ontario... May '17 John Deere 1
Barrie acupuncture Apr '17 Anonymous 1
News Q&A: Sara Quin of Tegan and Sara on tapping int... Apr '17 Crawford 1
News UFOs spotted across Northern Ontario in 2016 Apr '17 ET phone home 1
News Canada would pay the price if Toronto's real es... Apr '17 how now brown cow 1
More from around the web