Man charged in murder of Brooks teen

Man charged in murder of Brooks teen

There are 50 comments on the CBC story from Jul 14, 2006, titled Man charged in murder of Brooks teen. In it, CBC reports that:

The RCMP in Brooks, Alta., have charged a 30-year-old man with second-degree murder in connection with the death last month of 17-year-old Ashton Moen.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBC.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
blah blah blah

Calgary, Canada

#41 May 9, 2008
well he's been proven guilty with no chance of parole for 18 years, may he rot in hell, was he a man and told the truth to give some closure?. no till the end he lied and tried unsuccessfully to weazel out of it, he put people including his own parents and a jury through a shocking trial I hope he ends up some sickos bitch in jail.
anon

Whitehorse, Canada

#42 May 11, 2008
I knew Colin when he lived in Marystown and in Hr. Mille. He was a very intelligent boy who was reading Reader's Digest books in grade two or three. I remember an English assignment he did in grade nine that his teacher said was university material. I could certainly see Colin as a university professor and author. He was a bully and was bullied--I don't know which came first. His father often talked about when crossing the bay, Colin would be up in the bow of the boat reading. My deepest sympathies go out to both families.
A best friend from BC

Canada

#43 Sep 2, 2008
Anonymous wrote:
I just wanted to say a few things in here....My brother knew Ashton and I'm sure she was a nice girl. But she may have had some underlying problems too. SHe told my brother to his face tha she was moving....she was going to live with her Dad in Prince George BC. Later my brother found out that her Mom and Dad were NOT and had Never been divorced and that they lived in Brooks. WHAT WAS THAT ALL ABOUT????? Think about it people. Someone obviously killed the poor girl. But what were her plans to begin with. I am truly sorry for the loss of a young life and to the poor family that has to deal with that every day! But was someone making her tell people these stories? Was she looking for attention? What was going on ? Maybe I dont know the whole story and I wish I did .... But maybe someone should be asking the family and the horrible sick man that killed her these things...
AShton may of had her problems but how can you judge her in this? She was my best friend and one of the nicest girls that you could know. She did say and do things to get attention sometimes but she had a good heart. She had no "plans as you put it. She thought Colin was her friend she talked to me about him... she liked him and he turned around and killed her and that sap story he gave about self defence is a peice of crap that totally trashes her character. She was a wonderful girl. So if anything don't judge Ashton in this.
doesnt matter

Brooks, Canada

#45 May 22, 2010
Condolences
rosepearl

Edmonton, Canada

#46 Sep 14, 2010
this is a tragity for all involved no one is free from this and everyone involved will have to suffer and live with this horrible time and memory...everyone on both sides is in pain and loss...no one wins....this is a tragity that could never be forgottin from anyone....i am one to see from both sides and all there is is pain...i wish the Moen family well and peace and i wish everyone else involved if at all possible a semi brighter future
my hometown brooks

Calgary, Canada

#47 Feb 10, 2013
Does not matter wrote:
I don't know if any of you are aware of this but Colin has admitted to NOTHING and right now there is not enough evidence to persecute him so don't judge yet. Nothing has been proven, so please do not put a nail in that coffin yet. The Moes Family deserve all of our thoughts and feelings and I to am sorry for their loss, but please remember that all are innocent until proven guilty, and reserve judgement for the day when concictions are held because thus far this has not happened.
ok this is the second time i read this. "innocent till proven guilty" bit. not the case. if your arrested for starters your a suspect correct. therefore its not this at all. it is guilty till proven innocent. an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth i say. as well i am terribly sorry for your loss to the moen family. my deepest of sympathies for your family's loss. nothing will bring her back and thats the most important fact to this whole thing. collin will pay for his actions of that day. like i said eye for a eye, tooth for a tooth. when he does have the unjustified judicial release from the hole he should rot in. he has to face the world again. and for the people who are retarded enough to see light in this waste of food, water and air individual. when he gets out his mother and father should dig a hole and stick that waste of skin in there. they brought him here they should give him back.
used to live there

Winnipeg, Canada

#48 Apr 8, 2013
My condolences to the Moen family. I left Brooks Ab because of this whole tragedy. I knew Colin from a friend. He is exactly how everyone on this thread describes him. He destroyed the lives of so many. My friends and I had rented a few suites in the apt where the crime took place. And just because he went so far to cover this up, it had implicated many in the building which we shared. Needless to say, everyone in the building moved out immediately and one friend almost killed himself and than fled the province. His parents are nice people that care for him a lot, and they took a lot of crap from people afterwards that they do not deserve. His selfish acts have devastating lifelong effects for too many and the only one who benefits is him. Shame on the government for letting this man get away with this. I never knew Ashton, but being so close to what happened ripped my heart out of my chest in sadness for her. I am so glad when I visited Brooks, that i seen Ashton's Place up and running. Hopefully this place will help save a life someday, from themselves or someone else.
Todd

Bedford, Canada

#49 Jun 5, 2013
Hi, i have heard just recently that Colin Winsor is in the process of Moving to Grand Bank, NL with his Parents. Does anyone have any knowledge of this?
Dont matter

Marystown, Canada

#51 Apr 1, 2017
wondering wrote:
Heartfelt thoughts and prayers are sent to the Moen family. I also knew Colin, for a number of years he lived in the same community as me...When i first heard of the murder I wasn't shocked at all, it was like...wow, he finally snapped. As others have described him he was withdrawn from people, unable to make friends...as years went on he became even more "weird", all of us girls would avoid him at all costs, he made us very uncomfortable and gave us the creeps. Even though he was picked on he also was a bully himself...He was always picking on my little sister, even taking it as far one day as to drag her up the road by her hair. It sickens me that no one cared enough about him to get him the help he so desperatly needed, I mean if everyone else around him could see what was becoming of him then for sure his family must have seen it too. I hope that justice is served and he is put away for life so that the Moen family can have at least a little peace of mind knowing that he isn't free walking the streets. I would also like to send symphathy to the Winsor family....no parent should have to go through what you are going through right now, Thoughts and prayers are with both families.
So which are you then? K? S? You seem to forget Y she was dragged home (by the wrist not the hair)... no? The true story is that rather than be violent with a girl, he took your sister RB home to be disciplined by your grandmother when you and her would not stop teasing and throwing things at him. I was there that day and lies may have wings but the truth endures.
Joey

Calgary, Canada

#52 Apr 19, 2017
Dont matter wrote:
<quoted text>

So which are you then? K? S? You seem to forget Y she was dragged home (by the wrist not the hair)... no? The true story is that rather than be violent with a girl, he took your sister RB home to be disciplined by your grandmother when you and her would not stop teasing and throwing things at him. I was there that day and lies may have wings but the truth endures.
Who cares what happened when you guys were kids? He killed an innocent young girl. Don't try and deflect the blame here. Colin Windsor will always be a horrible person.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alberta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Alberta schools to offer Arabic-language biling... Oct 11 Sad Bastard 1
News Transgender youth health study reveals 'alarmin... Oct 11 Sad Bastard 1
News Canada puts pressure on allies to monitor far-r... Oct 4 Charlie 1
News The Latest: Trudeau offers condolences over Veg... Oct 3 Trump is a joke 2
News Alberta chasmosaur fossil could shed light on t... Oct 1 greymouser 2
News Four charged in 300-km highway pursuit from Lac... Sep 25 Sad Bastard 1
News Video of fight with Syrian, Canadian students s... Sep 25 bottlecap 8
More from around the web