Man charged in murder of Brooks teen

Full story: CBC 48
The RCMP in Brooks, Alta., have charged a 30-year-old man with second-degree murder in connection with the death last month of 17-year-old Ashton Moen. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
rather not say

New Liskeard, Canada

#1 Jul 14, 2006
First of all I'd like to send my sincere sympathies to the Moen family on there devastating loss. My heart goes out to you.
I knew him (Winsor) at one point over a couple of years. He's not just a little different or even unique. Underneath his feminine tone and gothic type feel there lies a disturbing prescence. Do to his lack of people skills he was unable to form a solid friendship, the nice guy I that I was tried to help because of our common interests in movies and music, we bonded. It just sickens me knowing that I even gave this guy a chance. Colin, "I hope you f&#kin' rot in hell".
A Life for A Life

Gander, Canada

#2 Jul 18, 2006
I would like to say that I am sorry for your loss to the moen family first of all. Being a mother of two I would not want to have to deal with what your family has had to deal with. And as for Colin Windsor how could you kill a 17 year old girl and not feel the least bit of guilt. Obviously you never because if you had of you would have given yourself to the police all the time that they were looking for her. I hope that the judge gives you a couple of life sentences. A life for a life right. That is the least you deserve!!
shocked but not really

Norwood, Canada

#3 Jul 19, 2006
First off all, I would like to say that my heart goes out to the Moen family, I can't imagin the pain you must be in. I have known Colin for years now. From the first time I met him, I always had an uneasy feeling about him. I believe that what goes around comes around and I hope that while he's in jail, someone does to him what he done to that poor girl.
Pamela Ghent

Canada

#4 Jul 26, 2006
rather not say wrote:
First of all I'd like to send my sincere sympathies to the Moen family on there devastating loss. My heart goes out to you.
I knew him (Winsor) at one point over a couple of years. He's not just a little different or even unique. Underneath his feminine tone and gothic type feel there lies a disturbing prescence. Do to his lack of people skills he was unable to form a solid friendship, the nice guy I that I was tried to help because of our common interests in movies and music, we bonded. It just sickens me knowing that I even gave this guy a chance. Colin, "I hope you f&#kin' rot in hell".
Hi, I wonder if you would contact me. I'm a writer looking into public reaction and am interested in your comments.I live in the community Colin spent time in and am covering a different side for the paper pamelamichghent@yahoo.ca
Rick

Dartmouth, Canada

#5 Jul 31, 2006
First of all I'd also like to send my sincere sympathies to the Moen family on there devastating loss. I cannot imagine what the family is going through. I knew Colin growing up, probably up until grade 6 or 7. He was always a "strange" kid. Always kept to himself and was described as "weird" by most other kids. Years went by and I never seen him then one day I saw him. He seemed to have gone through some sort of "finding" himself. He stopped wearing normal clothing and began to dress in all black, grew his hair long, had piercings etc. He was one of the so called "freaks". I am not sure if this was a sign to his most recent actions but in my mind something triggered this change, something is not right with this guys mind. As we say around home, "he has a lot of rooms up there with no wallpaper".

I am sorry that the Moen family had to be the source of his anger,his revenge or his expression of individuality.
Natasha Ingersoll Ont

Hanover, PA

#6 Jul 31, 2006
First I would like to extend my deepest sympathy to the family and friends of Ashton and I would like to tell them that I pray justice will be served in this case because it effects me and my community as well!. I am from HR.MIlle Newfoundland which is where Colin winsor is originally from and I feel that this is taking a great effect on our little town right now, everyone is shocked that a former resident of this town would be able to do such a thing, but not me I knew him personally and was always very cautious around him there has always been something about him that scared me and other, maybe it was the clothing being so differnet, the music he listened to or the "pre made" family death certificates that he printed and framed on the wall's of his collage drom room any of those thiings i think contributed to my feelings towards him! I always know that man was not to be trusted and now I know I was right! Im sorry I dont mean to sound as if it took the death of this beutiful girl for the truth about this very disturbed man to come but my friends always told me I was be silly when I refused to be alone with him long enough for a bathroom trip! ALL in all I would like the family to know that I will be following this case very closley and praying that he gets what he deserves, I know that it will not bring you daughther back but if there is anything you need, want or want to know if I can help let me know ! Natasha (now in Ingersoll ONT)
Anonymous

Regina, Canada

#7 Jul 31, 2006
I have not lived in brooks for some time, but this story came to my attention from some friends. I was told there was a murder in brooks, and the story behind it. They told me the name, and I just about started crying right then and there. I had gone out with Colin on one occassion, and then spent the rest of the time avoiding him. He was much to strange for my liking. It really scares me that this man who tried to pursue me, and that I was not interested in is capable of doing something like this. It really hits home when I realise that that girl coulda been me. My deepest regrets go to the Moen family, whom I have not met, I pray that god helps you through your time of hurt, and that Colin gets what he deserves.
Pamela Ghent

Shoe Cove, Canada

#8 Aug 1, 2006
Natasha, did we know each other back here? Contact me. Maiden name is Pardy. MSN or email Pamelamichghent@yahoo.ca. I now live back in Hr Mille (was born here, but left, now returned) So I don't know everyone. My sister Reneta knew Colin better. I am working on a story for the paper www.theindependent.ca and am interested in your experience.
Natasha Ingersoll Ont wrote:
First I would like to extend my deepest sympathy to the family and friends of Ashton and I would like to tell them that I pray justice will be served in this case because it effects me and my community as well!. I am from HR.MIlle Newfoundland which is where Colin winsor is originally from and I feel that this is taking a great effect on our little town right now, everyone is shocked that a former resident of this town would be able to do such a thing, but not me I knew him personally and was always very cautious around him there has always been something about him that scared me and other, maybe it was the clothing being so differnet, the music he listened to or the "pre made" family death certificates that he printed and framed on the wall's of his collage drom room any of those thiings i think contributed to my feelings towards him! I always know that man was not to be trusted and now I know I was right! Im sorry I dont mean to sound as if it took the death of this beutiful girl for the truth about this very disturbed man to come but my friends always told me I was be silly when I refused to be alone with him long enough for a bathroom trip! ALL in all I would like the family to know that I will be following this case very closley and praying that he gets what he deserves, I know that it will not bring you daughther back but if there is anything you need, want or want to know if I can help let me know ! Natasha (now in Ingersoll ONT)
Pamela Ghent

Shoe Cove, Canada

#9 Aug 1, 2006
Rick, I'd like to chat with you as well. grade 6 or 7? Colin was in Hr Mille or Marystown then?

pamelamichghent@yahoo.ca. shoot me an email with your phone number and i'll call you.
charlotte smith

Canada

#10 Aug 1, 2006
First of all,I would like to extend my deepest sympathies to the Ashton family. Secondly,I would like to extend my deepest concerns to the Windsor family, specifically, his parents. Although Colin is still living, his parents are suffering as well. I'm sure they will live with quilt and shame for the rest of their lives. Colin's actions are reflecting on his family. My prayer's are with both families right now.
unknown brooks alberta

Springdale, AR

#11 Aug 2, 2006
I would like to express my thoughts and prayers to the moen family...Everyone is there to feel your pain and for Colin windsor he should die... What's with the court always pushing dates why dont they sentence him the first day he was in court.. a murder like come on out him away away forever
FROM MARYSTOWN NEWFOUNDLAND
MY HEART ALSO GOES OUT TO HIS MOM AND DAD MR AND MRS WINDSOR THEY DONT DESERVE THIS
Joe

Calgary, Canada

#12 Aug 9, 2006
Hi, I also like to express thoughts of sypathies to the Moen Family. I went to the same school as Colin Winsor but 2 years ahead of him. I want to stress the fact that he always seemed like a time bomb ready to explode at any minute. As a student, Colin Winsor was bullied,tormented and physically abused by other students almost everyday. Not once did I ever see him stand up for himself verbally or physically. I was surprised to hear that Colin Winsor had committed this murder but also surpised it hasn't happened sooner. I wish we could stop bulling in our schools
Laine

Brooks, Canada

#13 Aug 25, 2006
I would like to know what happened to innocent until proven guilty. Most of the postings I have read here have already convicted this man. I have known Colin for a few years now. Yes, he has always marched to his own drummer, but I never at all felt threatened by him. I am not saying he IS innocent of this crime, but until the court reaches a verdict he should be presumed as such. I'm sure the family wants a just and fair trial. If I had suffered such a tragedy I would want to make sure the RIGHT man had gone to jail, not just a man. I hope, no matter who the murderer is found to be, that the family does get justice for Ashton. And my thoughts and prayers are with the Moen and Winsor families.
Keith

Ottawa, Canada

#14 Sep 18, 2006
I agree with the last posting. I knew Winsor. In fact he was the first friend I made when I started first year university at Burin. Yes he was weird and clingy. I haven't talk to him in a few years. He didn't have many friends but he was always loyal to the few people who looked past labels. In fact talking to another friend of his we both agree that it best to let the courts and evidence decide.

Sympathy to Moen and Winsor families
Candace

Augusta, GA

#15 Sep 21, 2006
I just wanted to say thank you to all of these comments for my cousin Ash. I know that the entire family appreciates the supprt that everyone has given. It's hard because I'm on the other side of the country right now and can't be there, but it's comforting to know that my family has every one's heart felt support and understanding. Thank you again to every one. And if any of the family reads this, just know that I'll always remember my favorite day with Ash at the farm in Brooks playing on the trampoling with all of the cousins, driving aunt margret crazy with out racit, and become the best of friends. The pictures will always be with me to remind me of who she was, and what she could have been.
All my love,
Candace
Ronan

Springdale, AR

#16 Nov 17, 2006
Let me introduce myself. I am the father of Ashton Moen. As I read the topic here I was filled with a warmth that others out in the world felt the pain with the family. Then I came across Candace's comments. I would like to state this for the record. We do not have family in Toronto, we do not have an aunt Margret, we do not live on a farm. Shame on you for taking the tragic death of my daughter for your own personal gain. This is almost as bad a what Colin did. You are not killing someone physically, but you are distroying that which she stood for. Truth. She was a beautiful, loving, caring, giving individual. How dare you us this for your own personal interests. Shame on you.
Does not matter

Lethbridge, Canada

#17 Dec 19, 2006
I don't know if any of you are aware of this but Colin has admitted to NOTHING and right now there is not enough evidence to persecute him so don't judge yet. Nothing has been proven, so please do not put a nail in that coffin yet. The Moes Family deserve all of our thoughts and feelings and I to am sorry for their loss, but please remember that all are innocent until proven guilty, and reserve judgement for the day when concictions are held because thus far this has not happened.
Jake Abelseth

Calgary, Canada

#18 Feb 8, 2007
That Candace must be a real nut case.

Colin might not have admitted to anything he probably never will. This man should have been put away long before this happened.

www.pissed.ca
fighting for justice

Calgary, Canada

#19 Mar 25, 2007
well first id like to send my greatest sincere apologies to the moen family,they didnt deserve to lose there belived daughter,neice,cousin ect and i hope that they can get through this terror...i also would like to hope that colin gets what he deserves and that would be a life for a life...she didnt deserve to have someone like that choose when her time was...and yes i know him and regret ever trusting or putting faith in a man who could commit suck a horrible crime...my apologies also go out to mr and mrs windsor who dont deserve to have there beloved son put them trough so much shit...

colin i hope you get what you deserve and i hope you feel all the pain and hurt that you made these people feel..(including ashton)
Some one in Vernon

Surrey, Canada

#20 Apr 18, 2007
My heartfelt thoughts and prayers go out to the Moen family.
I too knew Colin we worked together for some time
He was let go and we all feared he would go crazy and come after everyone that worked with us, he is very shady and not to be trusted.
Although I understand he has admitted to nothing well that is typical of him he never admitted to anything and when he did talk it usually was crap anyway he often discussed his toughness and always carried a stick that when flicked turned into a weapon that he proudly displayed to anyone willing to see.
I hope you are finally put away so you can harm nor intimadate people no longer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alberta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CSIS warns government of homegrown online anti-... Tue Avoid problems 2
MP Brian Storseth seeks to become PC Mla Mar 2 cyberclark 2
Former Wildrose MLA Jason Hale won't run for re... Mar 1 87223192 saleh al... 1
Yellow Pages to end home-delivery of print dire... Feb 26 net-neutrality 1
Police body cameras flagged by privacy commissi... Feb 18 Andy 1
'It's up to us to make a difference': Thousands... Feb 15 Polaris 1
RCMP disrupt 'ISIS-associated' network, one rec... Feb 14 WE JUST DONT CARE 5
More from around the web

NFL Latest News

Updated 4:51 am PST