Canada Big Draw for Mexicans

Canada Big Draw for Mexicans

There are 146 comments on the The Epoch Times story from Aug 16, 2007, titled Canada Big Draw for Mexicans. In it, The Epoch Times reports that:

“There are a lot of educated Mexicans coming up as well.”

A group of migrants unload their belongings from a truck at a park near the town center before sunset in Las Palomas, Chihuahua, Mexico. via The Epoch Times

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Epoch Times.

OBJECTIVE

Burnaby, Canada

#141 Jun 24, 2008
XXX wrote:
1/3 of the US was mexican territory, now nearly 1/3 of the US population is Mexican(legal/illegal). Karma?? possbily I dont know. Now your even. Im not mexican or american just making a statement.
a third are mexican? somehow you have the wrong info. even if the illegal immigrant mark was 30 million instead of the known 12 million, your stats are way off base.

Race/Ethnicity (2006)
White 80.1%
African American 12.8%
Asian 4.4%
Native American and Alaskan Native 1.0%
Native Hawaiian and Pacific Islander 0.2%
Multiracial 1.6%
Hispanic or Latino (of any race) 14.8%
OBJECTIVE

Burnaby, Canada

#142 Jun 24, 2008
considering there are over 300 million citizens in the usa, 12 million illegal mexicans isn't anywhere near a 20th, never mind a 3rd.
SERPENT AND EAGLE

Las Vegas, NV

#143 Jun 29, 2008
mexicans and centroamerican brothers keep on coming to this promise land of freedom, nothing will stop the illegal immigration, the border is huge and nobody can patrol it, not even the great wall that they are building will stop people from trying to cross, america is changing, and we will be part if it.
ms oshawa

Oshawa, Canada

#144 Jun 29, 2008
your ecomony is gone to shit from all the sub-prime home and car loans....illegals don`t get those....so how exactly are they to blame?
its all the people who are losing their homes because they never really qualified in the first place.which in turn has crashed some huge companies and the stock markets.What was it last week the whitehouse was after 300 billion to save some of these fools?that`s only a drop in the bucket.sup-prime has cost your country trillions in losses.....and yet illegals mainly rent since they don`t qualify to get sub-prime loans
Now hold on there Pilgrim

United States

#145 Jul 3, 2008
My ? is: how does and ILLEGAL Mexican cross the Mexican/American border and then trapse all the way across America to THEN cross the Canadian border ILLEGALLY and not get stopped along the way?

Sounds pretty crafty to me!

Just wondering??
ms oshawa

Oshawa, Canada

#146 Jul 4, 2008
Now hold on there Pilgrim wrote:
My ? is: how does and ILLEGAL Mexican cross the Mexican/American border and then trapse all the way across America to THEN cross the Canadian border ILLEGALLY and not get stopped along the way?
Just wondering??
once they hit the canadian border they claim refugee status and are normally allowed to cross the border.This holds true if they claim to be from a city in mexico with a high murder rate from the cartels.So claim to be gay,but all claim to fear for their lives which gets them across our border.
I could take you to several areas in southern ontario that are full of hard working illegals but unlike in the usa,here people pay them the current minimun wage
OBJECTIVE

Fort Macleod, Canada

#147 Jul 5, 2008
ms oshawa wrote:
<quoted text>
once they hit the canadian border they claim refugee status and are normally allowed to cross the border.This holds true if they claim to be from a city in mexico with a high murder rate from the cartels.So claim to be gay,but all claim to fear for their lives which gets them across our border.
I could take you to several areas in southern ontario that are full of hard working illegals but unlike in the usa,here people pay them the current minimun wage
strange - i don't know of any "refugee" mexicans this side. all of the south americans i have met here so far, have either married their way into the country, are here on legal temporary work visas, or snuck over illegally. i also know some that were sent back and not allowed re-entry into canada. ontario must be in a different country.

incidentally - you must have missed the filmed trip of a group of illegals from either ecuador or el salvador that was aired recently, showing the whole process these ppl went through and the route they followed via mexico, thru the states and into canada, only to be caught in bc.
Now hold on there Pilgrim

United States

#148 Jul 6, 2008
I just know that the illegals are really gunking up this country!!
OBJECTIVE

Fort Macleod, Canada

#149 Jul 8, 2008
I just know that the illegals are really gunking up this country!!
they gunk up any country. if they are allowed to get away with it, why should anyone else be forced to follow the legal immigration process/ hell, we could all pack our bags and go pick a house and live off someone else's govt for the rest of our lives without ever having to lift a finger.

hardly seems fair to the poor and destitute who have to travel often thousands of miles into different lands to file for legal immigration under refugee status does it, and wait their turn, when these mongrels can get away with it for free.
Canadian Border

Eden Prairie, MN

#150 Jul 8, 2008
Cross over norte, please.
Jonathan

Mexico, Mexico

#151 Aug 12, 2008
it´s well know that americans don´t have culture, mexican are immigrants, I think that all americans are immgrants too, everybody come from diferents contries and a part of the american territory was of Mexico, american have a poor history a poor culture, americans sucks!!!
battle born

Las Vegas, NV

#152 Aug 13, 2008
peace out to our brothers from canada, much respect to them.
BELLA USA

Maricopa, AZ

#153 Aug 21, 2008
Sue wrote:
<quoted text>
YOUR grammer and english is so poor, do you wonder why any LEGAL American wants you around? Dirty, unvaccinated, living 10 or more to a place,broken down cars sitting in the yards, anchor babies that I help pay for, unwed mexican mothers that their so called men don't take care of, UNEDUCATED, Mexicans take slave wages to work in the USA.....hahahaaha.......
That's where YOU live. As far as your English--
GRAMMER ???? Learn how to spell, UNEDUCATED DIRTY WHITE TRAILER THRASH "B****H. "Help pay for" you
probably never worked in your (meth) life. Just waiting for the mailman to get your welfare check to buy the meth, while your children are starving,(if you have any) and running all over the place,
waiting for their pedophile "father".
freedom

Toronto, Canada

#154 Aug 23, 2008
Until there is a ZERO percent homeless rate, and a ZERO percent Unemployment, and unless 100percent of current, White Canadians (yes, the ones who took over this country in the first place) there should be NO more immigration. Nobody should be let into this country while we let our own starve.

If Mexicans don't like their countries conditions, they should deal with that, and not bring their problems here.

Since: Jun 07

Toronto, Canada

#155 Aug 26, 2008
OBJECTIVE wrote:
<quoted text>
this has nothing to do with LEGAL immigrants, be they chinese, spanish, african, european, pakistani or anything else.
this is about illegal "aliens", "trespassers" or whatever other term/s makes ppl feel comfortable - regardless of nationality or enthnic group, that have taken it upon themselves to illegally enter a country they are not entitled to be in by law.
spain is in europe btw

Toronto, Canada

#156 Aug 26, 2008
XXX wrote:
1/3 of the US was mexican territory, now nearly 1/3 of the US population is Mexican(legal/illegal). Karma?? possbily I dont know. Now your even. Im not mexican or american just making a statement.
for the US to be 1/3rd mexican the entire population of mexico would have to move to texas... at most america is 5% mexican. man they teach u some f*cked up math down there.

Toronto, Canada

#157 Aug 26, 2008
Just wondering??
we don't get the poor mexicans like u guys do, we get the "rich" (if you can call a mexican that" ones that fly here.

Toronto, Canada

#158 Aug 26, 2008
OBJECTIVE wrote:
<quoted text>
strange - i don't know of any "refugee" mexicans this side. all of the south americans i have met here so far, have either married their way into the country, are here on legal temporary work visas, or snuck over illegally. i also know some that were sent back and not allowed re-entry into canada. ontario must be in a different country.
incidentally - you must have missed the filmed trip of a group of illegals from either ecuador or el salvador that was aired recently, showing the whole process these ppl went through and the route they followed via mexico, thru the states and into canada, only to be caught in bc.
you know a lot of mexicans for someone from lethbridge
stef

Wetaskiwin, Canada

#159 Sep 5, 2008
I say....who gives two shits if they send the money back to Mexico....if they come to Canada and make money by working, it is there god damn money and they should be able to do with it what they will. If they are unable to support their families in their home countries, who are we to stop them from earning money for their family. You earn your money and spend it as you like, why the hell can't they.
uno mas uno

Mexico, Mexico

#160 Oct 14, 2008
I have seen a lot of sh**t in regards to mexican immigrants, well americans, if canadians are giving the chance for mexicans to enter their country, why are you so jealous?, that means the US is no longer a powerfull country that attracts people from different countries.... oh yes! next time you want to say shit about mexicans think again. btw poor people and middle class americans are the ones that complain more, bitter irony.

dos

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alberta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Book by Edmonton author looks to bridge the gap... 3 hr Marie-Luise_J 1
News 'Alarm bells went off': Expert used in Anthony ... 5 hr perfect 3
News Banff billboard promotes conspiracy theory abou... 21 hr Harpo and Associates 1
News Stephen Harper to resign as MP to launch Calgar... 21 hr Harpo and Associates 1
News Head of Calgary police union raps watchdog over... Thu Heffermans Rubber... 1
News What's missing from review of Trans Mountain pi... Thu 15shaun15 2
News Pilot training deal with China has Calgary scho... Aug 24 9 11 redux 1
More from around the web