Canadian-Ukranians still healing scar...

Canadian-Ukranians still healing scars of First World War internment camps

There are 8 comments on the Vancouver Sun story from Sep 3, 2012, titled Canadian-Ukranians still healing scars of First World War internment camps. In it, Vancouver Sun reports that:

Canadian scout is seen during the commemorations to honor Allied soldiers killed 70 years ago in a failed World War II invasion, take place at the Cemetery of Virtues in Dieppe, northern France, Sunday Aug.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Vancouver Sun.

Bruce49

Regina, Canada

#1 Sep 3, 2012
These were Slavic people sent to concentration camps NOT just those of Ukrainian decent. My Grandfather and Great Grandfather were from Russia and paid a visit by the Gestapo of the North. All their firearms were confiscated (never to be returned) they had to report their whereabouts and any travell plans even short trips. I remember my Grandfather speaking of this from time to time,, not often as he was embarassed and afraid of what happened. 4 of his sons,( my uncles) were in WW11 2 in the army one a paratrooper, and 1 in the RCAF These tactics were NO different then what happened to the Jewish people, though on a smaller scale. WHAT a discrace, but hey ! the police were Just Following Orders RIGHT! Where have we heard that before !!
Haha

United States

#2 Sep 4, 2012
Canadians have a lot of skeletons in their closet.

“Seriously guys...”

Since: May 12

Regina

#3 Sep 4, 2012
Haha wrote:
Canadians have a lot of skeletons in their closet.
EVERYBODY has skeletons in their closet, including Ukranians and Americans.
Nobody

Powell River, Canada

#4 Sep 20, 2012
I do not understand why people love to dwell on the saddest parts of history.No ethnic group in the world has had a painfree trip through this world.Get over it.There are fair greater things in this world ahead of us to worry about.
Bruce49

Regina, Canada

#5 Sep 20, 2012
Nobody wrote:
I do not understand why people love to dwell on the saddest parts of history.No ethnic group in the world has had a painfree trip through this world.Get over it.There are fair greater things in this world ahead of us to worry about.
Why remember the past ?? Because those WHO FORGET the past will repeat it. And because those who did these atrocities were never punished!
And the culprits covered up and destroyed all records in 1958. This is NOT something one Loves to dwell on, if we now don't speak for these victims who Will, NOT YOU!
SHYKORA ARTs paul

Calgary, Canada

#6 Sep 20, 2012
...AHHHH...Forget and forgive...We Did,here...eh..(+)..
Faith

New Baltimore, MI

#7 Sep 20, 2012
WWI? That is a bit absurd. None of them lived through that. It is like the blacks in America whining about slavery. Onward and upward, I always say!
SHYKORA ARTs paul

Calgary, Canada

#8 Sep 20, 2012
Faith wrote:
WWI? That is a bit absurd. None of them lived through that. It is like the blacks in America whining about slavery. Onward and upward, I always say!
..MOST AGREE..Me...Kinfolk's..DID Forgive and ..moved onward...(+)...eh...GOD Bless..yada u u ...shalom..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Alberta Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Protesters concerned by Islamophobia motion Mar 23 The truth 1
News DeBolt rocked by body find (Apr '08) Mar 23 AVAAKILA 12
News Canada's self-proclaimed pedophile hunters doin... Mar 23 Pastor Don Juan M... 3
News Census shows Conservatives still hold sway in C... Mar 20 I am the dumb far... 4
News Fire at Winnipeg tax centre (Mar '13) Mar 19 Dan b 4
News 'They didn't charge the Wright brothers': Calga... Mar 19 Orville Wright Es... 1
News Centre-right parties set to merge in Canada's o... Mar 19 Raquel Notley - NDP 1
More from around the web