Loblaw in talks with Atlas Logistics ...

Loblaw in talks with Atlas Logistics to run Ajax, Ont., distribution centre

There are 4669 comments on the The Canadian Press story from Sep 12, 2007, titled Loblaw in talks with Atlas Logistics to run Ajax, Ont., distribution centre. In it, The Canadian Press reports that:

(CP) - Loblaw Cos. Ltd. (TSX:L), racked by supply-chain woes, has disclosed it is "at an advanced stage in its discussions" with third-party logistics provider Atlas Logistics Retail Services LLC on operating a big distribution centre in Ajax, east of Toronto.

Loblaw said Monday that Atlas Logistics - a division of the former Atlas Cold Storage, taken over last year by Eimskip Holdings of Iceland - would run the 870,000-square-foot dry and perishable food distribution centre starting next spring. Read more

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Canadian Press.

“Humanity Above All”

Since: Feb 09

Not Toronto Canada

#3750 Jul 2, 2012
damn union wrote:
<quoted text>now is the time to vote out the CAW,, we don't want a merger at atlas/logistics in motion.
You really don't get how this all works and what it all means do you? Your argument is invalid... because it's completely irrelevant. Thanks for sharing your view though. W0W
aspect man

Ottawa, Canada

#3751 Jul 2, 2012
Big Green Yes wrote:
<quoted text>You really don't get how this all works and what it all means do you? Your argument is invalid... because it's completely irrelevant. Thanks for sharing your view though. W0W
No you don't get it.

Prople are tired if your crappy caw union and now they do not want to deal with a merger of two usless unions. They do not want all the empty promises of how much better it will be when the two merge.

If Hudacks plan to kill union grips on workers ever passes watch how quick and how many of your rank and file bail on you!

“Humanity Above All”

Since: Feb 09

Not Toronto Canada

#3752 Jul 2, 2012
And that sucking sound that followed would be the sound of every one of your rights as a working Canadian vanishing into thin air. After all according to you, we are all just useless warehouse workers, except, some of use can spell... and so much more
Atlas

Toronto, Canada

#3753 Jul 2, 2012
dub wrote:
um, I can't find a webpage, or any info, on the web about this company Logistics In Motion. Anyone else?
What do you think is going to change when they come in?
The parent Company is Metro Supply Chain Group, look this up for information regarding Logistics in Motion. Logistics in Motion is the Company that took over Harmony Logistics which is now Aspect Logistics.
aspect man

Ottawa, Canada

#3754 Jul 2, 2012
Atlas wrote:
<quoted text>
The parent Company is Metro Supply Chain Group, look this up for information regarding Logistics in Motion. Logistics in Motion is the Company that took over Harmony Logistics which is now Aspect Logistics.
Aspect came from metro group, no ties to logistics in motion
RTO

Ajax, Canada

#3755 Jul 3, 2012
aspect man wrote:
<quoted text>
Aspect came from metro group, no ties to logistics in motion
You are wrong sir The Metro Group owns Logistics In Motion
george washington carvier

Ajax, Canada

#3756 Jul 3, 2012
RTO wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't waste your time on ass pack man brother. taking to this moron is like talking to a television airing an infomertial. it's all blaa blaa blaa but no mention of the true costs after shipping and handling
aspect man

Toronto, Canada

#3757 Jul 3, 2012
RTO wrote:
<quoted text>
Metro group owns both aspect and logistics in motion

Aspect and logistics in motion are not tied to one another
aspect man

Toronto, Canada

#3758 Jul 3, 2012
george washington carvier wrote:
<quoted text> Don't waste your time on ass pack man brother. taking to this moron is like talking to a television airing an infomertial. it's all blaa blaa blaa but no mention of the true costs after shipping and handling
You so funny and not just talking about the dumb look on your face
aspect man

Toronto, Canada

#3759 Jul 3, 2012
Big Green Yes wrote:
And that sucking sound that followed would be the sound of every one of your rights as a working Canadian vanishing into thin air. After all according to you, we are all just useless warehouse workers, except, some of use can spell... and so much more
Forgot that the only companies with unions treat their employees right. Good thing you are here with YOUR facts!

Ask thy guys at gm and cat how much their union saved their jobs!
you are dickered

Oshawa, Canada

#3760 Jul 3, 2012
two crumbling unions to unite to sink together
you are dickered

Oshawa, Canada

#3761 Jul 3, 2012
your unions can't change shit, its your gov that can make the first step to positive change, and help the little guy, not as par and support the rich,
Ptwo

Toronto, Canada

#3762 Jul 4, 2012
Comments on the 2nd shift stewards? One of them should not have any power of any kind. I think we all no who that is....
Lost soul

Ajax, Canada

#3763 Jul 4, 2012
Im looking to get a job at Atlas in Ajax, seems like a good place to work seeing that they even have their own chat room going on from 07!
rto

Ottawa, Canada

#3764 Jul 4, 2012
Lost soul wrote:
Im looking to get a job at Atlas in Ajax, seems like a good place to work seeing that they even have their own chat room going on from 07!
Stay away! We are only taking on people who want to take it dry from management and the caw!

Big green dummy knows what i am talking about!
Lost soul

Ajax, Canada

#3765 Jul 4, 2012
rto wrote:
<quoted text>
Stay away! We are only taking on people who want to take it dry from management and the caw!
Big green dummy knows what i am talking about!
Sounds better than a $12 a hour dead end factory job with no pay raise, no benefits, no over time pay but base pay($12hr after 40 hr)! What's a little dry when you already got it from sand paper for over 5 years straight!
Atlas Uppers

Burlington, Canada

#3766 Jul 4, 2012
Lost soul wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds better than a $12 a hour dead end factory job with no pay raise, no benefits, no over time pay but base pay($12hr after 40 hr)! What's a little dry when you already got it from sand paper for over 5 years straight!
Very nice. Step into my office. Watch your head on the underside of my desk. Lets see if your any better then "The Big Green Swallower".
Lost soul

Ajax, Canada

#3768 Jul 5, 2012
Atlas Uppers wrote:
<quoted text>
Very nice. Step into my office. Watch your head on the underside of my desk. Lets see if your any better then "The Big Green Swallower".
&#128536; I'll be there in a min! I guess this is the way to make it to the top, take it dry n hard, then watch em die slow and take their spot after!&#128077;
rto

Ottawa, Canada

#3771 Jul 9, 2012
Down to our last month of slacking!

Gonna have to please our new masters!
rto

Ottawa, Canada

#3773 Jul 10, 2012
Guess you all are working and trying to keep your jobs!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ajax Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Program offers free summer programs for Ajax, P... Jul 9 out there 1
News Settling in Canada May '16 lopi 1
News Ontario's major hospitals operating over capaci... May '16 pAl 1
Smartsafe Woman's Workshop Apr '16 DurhamCKM 1
News Liberal MP confidenta (Jan '11) Nov '15 Pav Penna Georgetown 2
News Oshawa doctor charged with sexual assault named (Jan '12) Sep '15 SDH 27
News Ajax man, 28, charged after driving in the wron... (Apr '15) Apr '15 where r 12 lanes 1
More from around the web