Residents of house may be charged after alleged burglar found dead

Sep 15, 2011 Full story: Canada.com 10

Early Sunday on a residential street in Arnprior, Ont., a father and son awoke to the sounds of a man attempting to force himself into their home.

Full Story
Bobb

Comox, Canada

#1 Sep 15, 2011
In this town there are hundreds of scum that if they caught you off guard in your own home thet would kill you.I have a short barreled twelve guage at the ready just for these types.It is far better to be judged by twelve then carried by six.
Cynical

Burnaby, Canada

#2 Sep 16, 2011
Better make that a silenced pistol plus body disposal instead of a twelve gauge. Defending yourself is a crime in this country, pure and simple, and this is not really a revelation. One should always be prepared to evade the law in Canada since the judicial system itself is, in fact, the most dangerous criminal element in our society.
judge and jury

Campbellford, Canada

#3 Sep 27, 2011
Bobb wrote:
In this town there are hundreds of scum that if they caught you off guard in your own home thet would kill you.I have a short barreled twelve guage at the ready just for these types.It is far better to be judged by twelve then carried by six.
who do u think u r the police have not even confirmed it was a breakin and that the deceased male had been armed so until you know the full story i would incline to watch your mouth and yes there are scum in arnprior but there are also scum everybody nice to c you people can decide for yourselves to harm another human being
notme

Riverview, Canada

#4 Sep 27, 2011
this is what happens to citizens when we have dictatorship and gestapo type policing thank you to all the ones that vote conservative ...for this mess
Captn Canuck

Melfort, Canada

#5 Sep 29, 2011
Sounds like justice was served. My sympathy to the father and son involved in this. A stressful time for them, brought on because of some idiot's decision to rob their home.

And judging by the online memorial for Cory, he's not gonna be missed much...as when I last checked, he didn't even have one memorial candle lit for him...guess that says something about his character!
Captn Canuck

Melfort, Canada

#6 Sep 29, 2011
judge and jury wrote:
<quoted text>
who do u think u r the police have not even confirmed it was a breakin and that the deceased male had been armed so until you know the full story i would incline to watch your mouth and yes there are scum in arnprior but there are also scum everybody nice to c you people can decide for yourselves to harm another human being
Nice to see JUSTICE served correctly for once!

Now that the full story is out, are you gonna shut your mouth?!
freind of corey

Richmond, Canada

#7 Oct 19, 2011
Captn Canuck wrote:
<quoted text>
Nice to see JUSTICE served correctly for once!
Now that the full story is out, are you gonna shut your mouth?!
The full story is not out, its being covered up by the police. how was this guys life in danger? corey never had a weapon. He never confronted them, they confronted him. he was ex military and had another person with him and the only thing they could do is stab him? did you know his girlfreinds ex is an arnprior cop who was one of the first on the seen? or that he was the one to inform her of his death? Corey was a good person and its hard to believe he would break into a house. So dont open your fucken little mouth on the internet. is someones possessions worth more than someones life? If he was charged with break and enter, how much time do you think he would have gotten? life? not fucken likely.
cowboy

Vernon, Canada

#8 Oct 20, 2011
There is a legal Claus that states that "fleeing your own house is not required when defending your home against an invader or invaders,to think to ask the invader if he is armed is ludicrous. If some one breaks into a home knowing full well there are people in the home this should be seen as a very dangerous act and I for one would assume no one would be that brazen unless they are armed and looking to do grievous harm to my family.If it was my home the dirt-bag would have a 45 bullet in the head right off,no if and's or buts!,I'll take my chance on a jury.This "Corey" made a bad choice and met his end by his own choosing.good riddance.
Heros

Canada

#9 Oct 21, 2011
Those fellows should receive an award for dealing with a criminal scumbag and not costing the taxpayer thousands for the scums arrest, trial and incarceration.

The government forgets that a mans home is his castle and that defending your family against criminal scum is every persons right.
Tool

Canada

#10 Oct 21, 2011
judge and jury wrote:
<quoted text>
'watch your mouth' Lol. Maybe you should watch your mouth instead of defending criminals who invade families property.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Abbotsford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Female Indo-Canadian lawyer defends men against... Jan '15 hmmm 1
Want to start a Work at Home Career? Dec '14 MommaMT 1
Avian flu spreading in southwest British Columbia Dec '14 up to date news 1
Horney Girl that needs some help! (Nov '12) Sep '14 Guy 23 anything 3
Temporary foreign worker changes do little to c... (Jun '14) Jun '14 Sandy 1
More (Jun '14) Jun '14 more stories youl... 1
Demand for cuts shaping new defence strategy (May '14) May '14 Stephen 1
More from around the web

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:42 am PST