Unicel to become Verizon Wireless

Aug 9, 2008 Full story: ArgusLeader.com 28

Verizon Wireless has completed its purchase of Rural Cellular Corp., doing business as Unicel.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
boy wonder

Watertown, SD

#22 Mar 2, 2009
i'd rather drink gorilla pee
ted

United States

#23 Mar 5, 2009
if verizon doesn't continue to offer the identical plans that unicel customers have they will be in big legal trouble.
Miranda

Campbell, MN

#24 Mar 9, 2009
so we do u need a new phone even if you didn't change to a verison plan
norm

Cape Elizabeth, ME

#25 Mar 10, 2009
melissa wrote:
As a unicel customer I can not imagine verzion being able to support such competitive prices that unicel has today. I am not too excited about the changes and probably won't update my contract once the changes take affect. To add, frinds and relatives of mine did not have great experiences with verizon cell services.
I definatetly agree. verizon plans are way more expensive and offer a lot less for the price
Patty Wellington Maine

Zionsville, IN

#26 May 17, 2009
I am presently awaiting my change over to happen, for the new phone to activate and the old Unicel one to not work. They told me that everyone should be changed over by Sunday, May 17th. My family has four phones. One of them has a different 1st 3 exchange number and the others are all the same. Well, the one that has the odd exchange number is working properly. Great, now I'm still waiting for the other 4 to work......There's two more hours...waiting......
Also, I tried to pay my Unicel bill that was due 5/18 tomorrow on line as I usually do and it wouldn't let me, it told me that my number wasn't recognized. So, I brought it to the local store.
They told me they couldn't process it due the change over and that they offered to send it for me. Hopefully, they get it in time. If I knew that ahead of time, I would of sent it myself and earlier, so it would have made it there for the deadline date. But I have it set up to just pay online a few days prior. Anyway, I also found out that if you have insurance on your phones, that each phone will cost $1 more for insurance. There's a ;itt;e of the nickel and dime stuff that I was just reading about. They did say though that my plan will not change except for the 4 extra dollars for the insurance for my 4 phones.
Still waiting for my phones top work.........In the meantime though, my unicel phones are still ok.
Tyler

Memphis, TN

#27 Dec 12, 2010
Verizon is a great network. Unicel was on the break of going bankrupt which is why Verizon bought them. All you idiots who think they are a bad network are nothing but idiots! The service is great and even better then it was before. Those who switched, enjoy not having service in most areas and tons of dropped calls.
jon

Ozark, AL

#28 Oct 13, 2011
melissa wrote:
As a unicel customer I can not imagine verzion being able to support such competitive prices that unicel has today. I am not too excited about the changes and probably won't update my contract once the changes take affect. To add, frinds and relatives of mine did not have great experiences with verizon cell services.
I HAVE VERIZON USED TO HAVE UNICEL VERIZON SUX
jon

Ozark, AL

#29 Oct 13, 2011
Tyler wrote:
Verizon is a great network. Unicel was on the break of going bankrupt which is why Verizon bought them. All you idiots who think they are a bad network are nothing but idiots! The service is great and even better then it was before. Those who switched, enjoy not having service in most areas and tons of dropped calls.
YOU ARE THE IDIOT, YOU MUST WORK FOR VERIZON, MINE WAS UNICEL BOUGHT BY VERIZON, VERIZON SUX IN THE WORST WAY, LOTS OF LIES AND I HAVE THE EMAILS TO PROVE THEY LIE TIME AND TIME AGAIN, ANYTHING TO TRY AND GET YOUR MONEY..........JUST GO ON THE NET AND TYPE IN VERIZON LAWSUIT AND YOU WILL SEE MORE LAWSUITS THAN YOU CAN EVER READ ABOUT. SOME OF THE LAWSUITS ARE RECORD BREAKING DUE TO THE BAD MONEY GRUBING VERIZON!!!!!!!!!! CHECK IT OUT FOR YOURSELF

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wireless Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Canada regulator says wireless providers must t... Thu Fergie 1
The Best Bluetooth Speakers From $400 to $100 Jan 24 TheAfroHedgehog 2
Europe pivots between safety and privacy online Jan 19 Kid_Tomorrow 1
A Wi-Fi Problem for Hotels? Dec '14 seniang80 1
a Google, Microsoft battle Marriott's plan to b... Dec '14 merchsolutionsusa 1
Hotel group asks FCC for permission to block so... Dec '14 reneir880 1
Customers sue Comcast for turning routers into ... Dec '14 Large-Scale Outages 1
More from around the web