Parent sues to get Wi-Fi removed from...

Parent sues to get Wi-Fi removed from Portland schools

There are 4 comments on the KATU-TV Portland story from Jun 23, 2011, titled Parent sues to get Wi-Fi removed from Portland schools. In it, KATU-TV Portland reports that:

A parent of a Portland Public Schools student is suing the district claiming Wi-Fi in the schools has alarming effects on children.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KATU-TV Portland.

losing it

Willcox, AZ

#1 Jun 24, 2011
You Go Dad. Glad to see there are parents out there that care about there children. I don't see a need for internet in public schools.
Public schools are supposed to taech the basics reading writing and arithmetic. Lets forget the Drama and get back to the basics.
HinschDK

Denmark

#2 Jun 25, 2011
Then I assume they will also prohibit students cell phones - they typically emit much higher energy than WLAN and are much closer to the brain.
losing it

Willcox, AZ

#3 Jun 25, 2011
HinschDK wrote:
Then I assume they will also prohibit students cell phones - they typically emit much higher energy than WLAN and are much closer to the brain.
I would hope so. I don't see a reason for a kid to have a cell phone untill they go off to college.
alex

Morocco, IN

#4 Jun 26, 2011
You fools need to close down the local broadcast stations since they operate at very high radiated power. Much more than any wi-fi.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wireless Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The NTT Docomo Group Plays Authentic Orchestral... Jul '16 sundial 1
News Wireless industry blasts bill blocking cellphon... Jun '16 fubar 1
News Oklahoma City schools' budget tightening means ... Jun '16 WarForOil 2
News See More May '16 need better inter... 1
News Free wireless internet for Rochester, parts of ... (Feb '08) May '16 josephbarkley 43
News Future PayPal CEO Dan Schulman Makes First Publ... (Mar '15) Apr '16 CommonSense 5
News Brocade to buy Ruckus Wireless for about $1.2 b... Apr '16 markost 1
More from around the web