Free Wi-Fi catches on with NYC's subway riders

Aug 7, 2012 Full story: Wireless Week

Emily Langmead was hesitant when she first heard of free Wi-Fi in the subway. Like many New Yorkers, she wondered what the catch was.

Full Story
HumanSpirit

High Springs, FL

#1 Aug 7, 2012
A new Republican means and way for the local subway thug to confiscate electronic contraptions and sell at a discount on Wall Street. Besides, having everyone look over your shoulder you may be able to get an extra hour work for the corporation with no pay. Certainly the Republican governor in the approving of this expense will be cutting out the local coffee shop romance expense made on the subway. Doesn't sound like a good idkea to me.

Since: Apr 08

Location hidden

#2 Aug 9, 2012
HumanSpirit wrote:
A new Republican means and way for the local subway thug to confiscate electronic contraptions and sell at a discount on Wall Street. Besides, having everyone look over your shoulder you may be able to get an extra hour work for the corporation with no pay. Certainly the Republican governor in the approving of this expense will be cutting out the local coffee shop romance expense made on the subway. Doesn't sound like a good idkea to me.
Uh...... the governor of New York is a Democrat.
D Up

United States

#3 Aug 9, 2012
Bama Yankee wrote:
<quoted text>
Uh...... the governor of New York is a Democrat.
To be fair, he used to be a Republican then switched to being an independent. Nowadays he has switched to a food Nazi.
D Up

United States

#4 Aug 9, 2012
No catch. NY won't pay for this nicety. Good old Federal money collected from folks from all over the US.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wireless Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
a Google, Microsoft battle Marriott's plan to b... 22 hr merchsolutionsusa 1
Hotel group asks FCC for permission to block so... Dec 22 reneir880 1
Customers sue Comcast for turning routers into ... Dec 22 Large-Scale Outages 1
Shaw, Cogeco Taking Care of Business Dec 21 them 1st then u 1
Wi-Power high-speed Internet, Digital phone ser... (Jun '10) Dec 20 Tell Me AnotherOne 58
Catholic board trustees want report on possible... Dec 20 WiFi 1
Solar-Powered Wi-Fi Could Keep LA Online After ... Dec 11 the-last-mile 1
More from around the web