Continental to Offer High-Speed Inter...

Continental to Offer High-Speed Internet on Over 200 Planes

There are 4 comments on the nycaviation.com story from Mar 22, 2011, titled Continental to Offer High-Speed Internet on Over 200 Planes. In it, nycaviation.com reports that:

United Continental Holdings, Inc. on Tuesday announced that Continental Airlines will be offering in-flight Wi-Fi Internet connection on over 200 domestic aircraft in the beginning of 2012.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at nycaviation.com.

hangone joe

Orlando, FL

#1 Mar 23, 2011
This airline is in the stone age when it comes to wifi...idiots
Beef Stew

Houston, TX

#2 Mar 24, 2011
What's the rush, to offer an amenity that few will pay for?
JetBlast

Omaha, NE

#3 Mar 24, 2011
I'd have to disagree with you Beef....if hi-speed internet is available, almost everyone will use it. These are mainly going to be used on longer flights and people hate being away from thier email for long periods.

Not sure what the fee will be to use the service but if it's not too outrageous, it will be a huge perk. Add that to the E-Plus seating and people can actually use their laptops while they fly.
Beef Stew

Houston, TX

#4 Mar 24, 2011
Carriers that have onboard internet report fewer than 4% usage. It's just a gimicky grab at more revenue.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wireless Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Residents seek council's help in cell tower fight (Sep '12) Mon BIG profits 12
News Internet resellers see 5G wireless as a new typ... Sun Mobile 1
News Hundreds oppose planned cell tower (Jul '12) Mar '18 where is Bell Fibe 9
News Telus expands business Jan '18 John Watson 1
News Harris (HRS) Cut to Hold at Zacks Investment Re... Jan '18 OH no 1
News Wi-Fi connection problems are the worst. Here a... (Oct '17) Oct '17 Moose 1
News OKC district students gain wireless access at home (Sep '17) Sep '17 toolate 1