Free cell phones offered to low-income people

Full story: South Florida Sun-Sentinel

More than 56,000 low-income Treasure Coast and Okeechobee County residents can now receive a free cell phone and minutes thanks to a government-subsidized program financed through a portion of most phone users' ...
Comments
281 - 283 of 283 Comments Last updated Sep 24, 2012
First Prev
of 15
Next Last
tinaann1120

Beaumont, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2012

Judged:

Nobody needs a cell phone huh? Well try being a mother traveling on the road with two small children and having your tire catch a flat...pretty dangerous having to rely on a total stranger who could rape and murder you and children! Can't call road side assitance.

This is just one instance. Some people honestly can't maintain day to day life expenses without a little help. People take advantage of it yes, but some people really need HELP...how dare you look down on them. One day you, or your children, may be in that situation so you should watch what you say.All you people who think it pampers people need to take step back from your high horses and realize not everyone's situation is the same.
Kelly F

Cape Coral, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 23, 2012

Deputy Dog wrote:
Can they get on the "Four Free Phones Family Plan"?
One for junior the drug dealer, one for sis the hooker, one for Dad (if we can figure out who he is) and one for mom, the fat, cigarette smoking welfare recepiant.
WOW, "DEPUTY DOG" Why not post your real name? If you think its cool too say stuff like that, i question which one of your catagories that is describing yourself. I dont know any poor people like what you describe. Beside your a total disgrace by using our law enforcements title of "deputy" you got part two right of "Dog"
Sasha

Staffordsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

I just found this out in my state,I have been looking for a job with no luck and with kids its hard get babysitter.My husband works but does not make much money for a family of 4,we get little foodstamps,its hard paying the bills and with gas high and not being able to buy clothes and things,we cant afford a big cell phone payment so i think this might be something to help us out and Like people said,you can be out and the car break down or be out looking for a job and if you had a cell phone they can get a hold of you! If you have money and are doing great then why make fun of others who are having a hard time? Just be thankful you are doin good and have money and all you need BUT others might be trying to work and just not make enough so we need help.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 15
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Wireless Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Verizon still exploring possibility of entering... (Jul '13) Mon MoreMonopolies 2
Ceragon Networks' (CRNT) CEO Ira Palti on Q2 20... Aug 11 otr 1
Russia Bans Anonymous Public Wi-Fi Aug 10 Fascist Russia 1
Tyco closing Lowell plant, moving 100 jobs (Nov '10) Jul 28 Waste my Time 48
Richmond: Man shot while using free Wi-Fi outsi... Jul '14 malik 1
TSX to advance amid strong earnings news; BCE s... Jul '14 Zap 1
Wi-Power high-speed Internet, Digital phone ser... (Jun '10) Jul '14 Viet Nam 54
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

Wireless People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••