cr england total scam
psychomico

Riverside, CA

#63 Jan 8, 2011
I JUST TURNED IN MY LEASE TRUCK AFTER 1 YEAR OF HARD WORK. ENGLAND DOES SUCK, BUT I HAD WEEKS WHERE MY NET CHECK WAS 1900.00!!! I ALSO HAD BAD WEEKS.. THEY GAVE ME 500.00 BACK WHEN I TURNED IN THE TRUCK.. NOW THEY ARE BILLING ME 3500.00!! GOOD LUCK MORMAN AHOLES!! SEEYAA..
driver wrote:
i am working for Cr England now and have been for a few months now i have actually put 800.00 in my pocket, this shit sucks, i believed in what that told me and none of it has come to be true, i was just wanting to work and make a fair wage and with these guys i am not seeing it, now that i have spent everything i have in savings to change jobs and do something else, i am kinda trapped, i have lost my house and place to live and now call my lease truck home and regretfully wake up everyday wishing i could just get payed what they said they would pay me but with every pay day i see they find another way to steel my money away.
cr england drivers gal

Paso Robles, CA

#64 Jan 11, 2011
cr england wife wrote:
My husband currently works for cr england as a company driver. He has yet to receive a correct pay settlement. The people in payroll need MAJOR training. And they expect us to be EXCITED to commit to a lease purchase arrangement with them? NOT - we will run the other way.
Honey. You said it ALL! Keep safe and God Bless -A.
big pit

Red Springs, NC

#65 Jan 12, 2011
cr england is like coporate america, trying to screw every body out of as much money as they can so they can put more profits in their pockets.
I left that school, because i didnt beleive all the garbage they were shoveling. while there attending school i read over the leasing pamphlet with a fine tooth comb and i couldnt see how i could make any money without constanly having a trainee in the truck. A large company isnt going to push leasing if its not to their advantage to make money. Trust me they are making more money off of lease operators because the operator is responsible for all the costs.
edgar

Yonkers, NY

#66 Jan 15, 2011
i work for c r england and for 5 weeks i have not made a dime as a IC
Tdub

Paradise, CA

#67 Feb 3, 2011
I almost got sucked in to this horrible scam. thank god I smoked pot.
justice

Attleboro, MA

#68 Feb 3, 2011
Bobby wrote:
I will add too, that reading most of these posts and the horrible English, spelling, punctuation, grammar, foul language in your messages (and NOT proofreading what you write!) that is does not surprise me one bit that you feel "screwed". You come across as "victims" of the world and I'm sure this goes far beyond your experiences with trucking companies. Maybe if you take the time to go through your contracts and paperwork and what is expected of you as well as try your best to make your best impression on others, your lives just might be better. Also, how many of you put more commitment into your trashy tattoos and piercings, etc., looking like circus clowns and low lives than you do into what is really important in life? Just something to think about...
WOW. How can you be so judgemental? You act like your shit doesn't stink and you're better than anyone else but you have no clue who any of these people even are. I myself graduated from Suffolk University and worked several years in banking and finance to come to the realisation that I hated it and needed a change in life so decided to see the country with a trailer attached to me and being paid for it. NO tattoos, piercings or any of that sort. But you jump to conclusions that everyone on here is a low life. to me, you come across as the only tue low life on here. So you think you're a better person due to the fact that you grammar and spelling is better??? seriously? You come across as a complete pompous scum bag. You have nothing better to do than come on here and insult people, then I truly feel very sorry for you.
justice

Attleboro, MA

#69 Feb 3, 2011
Billy Ray Vulger wrote:
Come on y'all, CR is no Different then any other company. NO BETTER, NO WORSE. I know plenty of CR guys that are doing well.
If you have a desire to make the money, you have to be willing to do what it takes.
To heck with all this log book stuff, if you get caught, sit your 10 hours, pay the fine, and continue rolling. YOU WILL MAKE MUCH, MUCH MORE IN THE LONG RUN.
"Over weight my ass." We have been running 100k lbs. of steel every day for 20 years, including last night, and next will be in the morning. Caught 2 times in 20 years, got an attorney out of Michigan both times and paid less than $8000 total. I make OVER $250k each and every year.
"CR screwed a few people" you say? I am willing to bet these "drivers" are not business operators, they are "employees."
Now, I will explain my thoughts:
These "drivers" were lucky to graduate high school, they thought math and english were a bore, and so they were happy to take home a C or D. Anything, as long as they got by.
Then they got a job flipping pizzas, but thought the kitchen was too hot, so they decided to deliver instead. They quit that job because it cost too much to pay auto insurance and gas.
They took a job unloading trucks because their friend was doing it, and their friend was able to get a new Camaro with what they earned. They decided they would do that too.
However, they were late every day, smoked 2 packs of cigs every shift and stopped at the bar every day after work. They got fired, a DUI, or both. They got fired and drifted from job to job till they found trucking.
These are the same people who complain about money, but think nothing of spending $100s at every truck stop outside Vegas. Or, have more used lottery tickets on the floor of their truck than entries in their log book.
These are the same guys who pull into the truck stop at 8pm and bitch that they have no place to park. They are the same people who show up at a drop smelling like a half ton of @$$!
Employees are employees and business operators are business operators. It is ok to be either of these, but you had better be honest about your abilities.
If you failed as a company driver, you will fail as an O/O. If you fail as a business operator you will fail as a O/O.
An Owner / Operator has to be the best at both.
Not everyone can do it. Not everyone has the drive to do it. Sure, everyone wants the money. But not everyone has what it takes.
If you are a strong business operator but a poor employee, find a driver for your truck.
If you are a good employee but a poor business operator, be happy as an employee. There are many people who cant even get "Be here every day at 8am" right.
So what exactly is it that you need to be successful? I'm just starting out in training now and will hopefully be licensed and looking for employment soon. Any tips, advice, etc. would be greatly appreciated.
Hammerdown-Hamme rlane

Guilderland, NY

#70 Feb 4, 2011
justice wrote:
<quoted text>
So what exactly is it that you need to be successful? I'm just starting out in training now and will hopefully be licensed and looking for employment soon. Any tips, advice, etc. would be greatly appreciated.
You need to maintain a clean CDL,especially with your first yr driving exp to transfer to a better company.Good Luck if you go with CR England-The Swift of reefer carriers.I would choose Schneider National or Prime if you must go reefer.Check out mine and others post on Swift Transportation on TOPIX.COM :enter Swift Transportation in the search box.Mash On It But Don't Crash On It!
Hammerdown-Hamme rlane

Guilderland, NY

#71 Feb 4, 2011
justice wrote:
<quoted text>
So what exactly is it that you need to be successful? I'm just starting out in training now and will hopefully be licensed and looking for employment soon. Any tips, advice, etc. would be greatly appreciated.
Don't believe Billy Ray Vulger or any other ass-clowns unverified claims to fame:250K/yr=$2.00/Mix125000Mi /Yr $1.67/Mix 150000Mi/Yr Highly unlikely scenario,given the current economy. Net income of that amount would mean having to gross much MORE than $250K/Yr! The lesson: DO NOT lease purchase AKA FLEECE-PURCHASE as a new driver with no driving exp and even less trucking business exp. Keep your CDL record clean and you shouldn't have any problems moving from a trainee trucking company to an experienced one like Heartlandexpress.com or Nctrans.com or Barr-Nunn.com (all dry van)
Nctrans.com (New Century Transportation) also has some reefers.
Dave from Illinois

United States

#72 Feb 6, 2011
Hey man I feel for you. I just wantes to drop you a line. I have been with England for a short time I lease. I was OTR then changed accounts. Im on this rebate program I am being charge 1800 to 1900 per week in fuel by england. I have called the IC department and ask to.be switched to the fuel cap they said.I dont qualify for 2 months. I recieved my statement my current check is NEG 588 dollars. At this rate when I do qualify for .feul cap Ill be so far behind that I wont.see a check for 8 months.to.a.year.
My wife cant sleep all I can do is sit back and laugh. I am bekng very cosher about it because I know they can amd will try to mess up my dac report with false information. My lease is up on may 15th. The only reason I havent left is because I need to build experience and I signed a lease. I have looked at other jobs and they require 6.months I have 3 to go. Alot of people say lease is a scam well actually it isnt The problem is you need 10000 miles per week to pay all there deductions which you will never get. They condition you to live on 50 per week. Everything is in their favor If you work for them it will be for free. Shoot me back ans lets chat
Hammerdown-Hamme rlane

Guilderland, NY

#73 Feb 6, 2011
Dave from Illinois wrote:
Hey man I feel for you. I just wantes to drop you a line. I have been with England for a short time I lease. I was OTR then changed accounts. Im on this rebate program I am being charge 1800 to 1900 per week in fuel by england. I have called the IC department and ask to.be switched to the fuel cap they said.I dont qualify for 2 months. I recieved my statement my current check is NEG 588 dollars. At this rate when I do qualify for .feul cap Ill be so far behind that I wont.see a check for 8 months.to.a.year.
My wife cant sleep all I can do is sit back and laugh. I am bekng very cosher about it because I know they can amd will try to mess up my dac report with false information. My lease is up on may 15th. The only reason I havent left is because I need to build experience and I signed a lease. I have looked at other jobs and they require 6.months I have 3 to go. Alot of people say lease is a scam well actually it isnt The problem is you need 10000 miles per week to pay all there deductions which you will never get. They condition you to live on 50 per week. Everything is in their favor If you work for them it will be for free. Shoot me back ans lets chat
NO-I really feel for you my man.I have never worked for CR England nor do I have any desire to in the future.I cannot see how you plan on living on $50.00/Wk as CRE seems to think is appropriate amount? Who the hell are they or anyone else for that matter to decide what's good for you and your family finances? If I were you-I agree don't leave on bad terms and have them report bogus/damaging info on your DAC report,which you would have to contest before hire on with another carrier. You will likely have to complete or buy out your lease(if even financially possible-doubtful?) and transition over to company driver status for 1Yr and then leave on your terms. You would at least have both successful O/O and company driver exp on your record,assuming accident+incident free driving history.That can only help you down the road-no matter where you go as O/O or company driver with another carrier in the future.10K/Mi per wk must be a typo=520,000Mi/Yr 10000x52Wks/Yr NOT even possible as team drivers.No wonder CR England makes the $$$.Best of Luck!
Alan - Chicago

Arlington, TX

#74 Feb 7, 2011
Does anybody know if I can cancel my lease with CR England? The problem is this I run a dedicated local route and I have been put on fuel rebate program from the.fuel cap. I pay 1800 per week in fuel cost. I have called the ic depadrment and asked to be placed on the fuel cap. They refuse and tell I have to wait 2 months. I am neg 600 and I have to get my truck worked on and it is out of warrenty. My check next week will be around.neg 1500 to 2000. If I continue like this I will be neg. 5000 by the time.i switch over. I am new.driver so I only get 1800 miles per week. I have a family of five.and we are now forced to live on 1325 per month. I have 4 more months on my lease.

Also does england stop advances if you are negative? Email me at ffgdavid@gmail.com
Hammerdown-Hamme rlane

Guilderland, NY

#75 Feb 7, 2011
Alan - Chicago wrote:
Does anybody know if I can cancel my lease with CR England? The problem is this I run a dedicated local route and I have been put on fuel rebate program from the.fuel cap. I pay 1800 per week in fuel cost. I have called the ic depadrment and asked to be placed on the fuel cap. They refuse and tell I have to wait 2 months. I am neg 600 and I have to get my truck worked on and it is out of warrenty. My check next week will be around.neg 1500 to 2000. If I continue like this I will be neg. 5000 by the time.i switch over. I am new.driver so I only get 1800 miles per week. I have a family of five.and we are now forced to live on 1325 per month. I have 4 more months on my lease.
Also does england stop advances if you are negative? Email me at ffgdavid@gmail.com
Tough situation-no doubt.Like I told Dave-Illinois,you may have to complete your lease or buy out early if even possible,although unlikely for you if you don't have the money. I am an O/O but NOT with CRE.Would never recommend anyone lease with them or other large carriers with similar programs,especially if you are a new driver with limited driving experience and even less business exp. Trucking is definitely a business,be it CRE;Swift;JBH or others. I suggest checking with other CRE lease drivers who have completed their lease agreement and have more business exp. with CRE.4 more mos isn't too bad if you can make it,despite being negative$-in the hole.Check with financing dept to see what they can do for you.I see nothing to lose asking-already said UR Neg $?Best of luck!
alain aguilar

Manassas, VA

#76 Feb 9, 2011
cr england is a scam they charge the same amount of money to people with a cdl as to people without it this company should be brought down it is a shame america criticizes mexico because the cartels and stuff but at least drug dealers or drug lords admit they are criminals and thieves not like this company which tries to look respectable and scam honest people that is even worse
Alan - Chicago

United States

#77 Feb 12, 2011
Hey James you know CE England relatives aren't suppose to comment on this blog. You know.the only way you get miles is to be related to Chester. Besides that Mcdonalds can run a business a million times better that CE England.
JRZ

Houston, TX

#78 Mar 30, 2011
Yes, you can turn your truck in early. Take it to BH or S Lake. The mechanic will do a walk around and make sure you get a copy of it. England will find something wrong with it after you leave and will charge you. Im still out here on the grind with three months left.
spacelord

Chicago, IL

#79 May 25, 2011
i was thinking of training with cr englang i have heard nothing but bad things about it but have no expierence and am already broke what if i dont sign a lease just get the cdl and get out SOMEBOBY HELP!
Terry

Sawyer, MI

#80 May 29, 2011
If you can pay for the school outright - OK
If you need to take out a Loan" for school they got ya.
If you get a good trainer (I did) can be worth the experience. Do not become "another logbook" for the trainer.
Do NOT sign a lease unless you run as a company driver fo at least six months!! Takes that long to learn the ropes.
I ran for CR England as a company driver for two (2) months. Dispatch lied to me on every load. Because I did not owe money for the school or was tied to a lease, I could quit and get a different driving job where I have been for the last 6 1/2 years. Perfect company - no. But they do not lie to me.
Good Luck
Amber

Atlanta, GA

#81 Jun 9, 2011
Hello im trying to get into the trucking world through CR England and I am hearing more cons then pros what is your take on it now?
Bobby wrote:
I was a solo lease / operator for CR England for 6 months (2006) and when I decided not to renew my 6 month trial lease, I had close to $10,000 in my bank account (that was what I saved from my earnings after paying my monthly personal bills). A few years later (2008- 09) I drove solo again, for US Xpress (better company in my opinion) and again, I decided not to renew my lease and after 6 months I had managed to save almost $15,000, again all earned from that 6 months as lease / op and after paying my monthly bills, etc- As long as we get the miles, we will earn money, so what am I doing differently that you folks are not? BTW, each time I decided not to renew my lease, it was because I wanted extended time off and had nothing to do with the company.
Rich

Elizabeth, NJ

#82 Jun 17, 2011
Try J B Hunt....Better company for new drivers.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Trucking Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
More Teen Truck Drivers On The Road 11 hr Concerned 1
Volvo D13 Problems (Feb '11) 19 hr JohnGs 189
Hey Hand, Thinking About Pulling Containers? Be... (Feb '10) Mon TANGLEFOOT 33
I am offering freight broker/agent training (Sep '10) Jul 23 AtexInTX 27
navistar Jul 23 daddyjim 1
U.S. Express - good; bad; ugly (Jul '08) Jul 22 Larry 72
schneider national sucks (Jun '10) Jul 14 James 158
More from around the web