Any Driving Jobs Paying $1000/wk or more?

Posted in the Trucking Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Midwest Trucker

Brookfield, WI

#1 Sep 20, 2010
Any companies where an experienced driver can earn a minimum of $1000/week without killing himself and be able to get home weekly?
peto

Marcus Hook, PA

#2 Sep 21, 2010
I work for a company that will pay .30 a mile to start for 1 year exp. Home time every 2 weeks , plenty of miles and only 130 drivers so small enough to get recognized for your work. They pay bonus for fuel saftey and christmas and there desperate to higher more drivers. No new york and northeast and no california. Email me if your interested. Peto9466@gmail.com
Duh

United States

#3 Sep 21, 2010
peto wrote:
I work for a company that will pay .30 a mile to start for 1 year exp. Home time every 2 weeks , plenty of miles and only 130 drivers so small enough to get recognized for your work. They pay bonus for fuel saftey and christmas and there desperate to higher more drivers. No new york and northeast and no california. Email me if your interested. Peto9466@gmail.com
I think you need to re-read the OP's question. He is looking to get home every week and I'm sorry "peto" but .30cpm is not going to yield $1000 per week! Are you a rookie?
peto

Pasadena, TX

#6 Sep 22, 2010
Duh wrote:
<quoted text>I think you need to re-read the OP's question. He is looking to get home every week and I'm sorry "peto" but .30cpm is not going to yield $1000 per week! Are you a rookie?
Well duh the question he asks would leave me to believe that he's new to the trucking industry , probably no more than one or two years experience , and he's searching for a better balance of hometime and money as we all are or were at one time. Being in that situation myself and remembering my own trials and tribulations , I suggested the company I work for which by the way , will reward you for your performance and not soley your experience . I've been driving for 4 plus years myself and although I don't consider myself a super trucker like you probally consider yourself , I do feel that I am somewhat in touch with the newer drivers and there struggles adjusting to the trucking industry . 30 cpm will not get you 1000 per week but after stop pay and various other pays its an option that might work for him /her. Correct me if I'm wrong but what company did you refer? Oh yeah right you didn't . Options duh , new drivers want options , there tired of the swifts and stevens and jb hunts and all the bull that comes with them . They need to know that if they look hard enough the can always find better .
Duh

United States

#7 Sep 23, 2010
peto wrote:
<quoted text>
Well duh the question he asks would leave me to believe that he's new to the trucking industry , probably no more than one or two years experience , and he's searching for a better balance of hometime and money as we all are or were at one time. Being in that situation myself and remembering my own trials and tribulations , I suggested the company I work for which by the way , will reward you for your performance and not soley your experience . I've been driving for 4 plus years myself and although I don't consider myself a super trucker like you probally consider yourself , I do feel that I am somewhat in touch with the newer drivers and there struggles adjusting to the trucking industry . 30 cpm will not get you 1000 per week but after stop pay and various other pays its an option that might work for him /her. Correct me if I'm wrong but what company did you refer? Oh yeah right you didn't . Options duh , new drivers want options , there tired of the swifts and stevens and jb hunts and all the bull that comes with them . They need to know that if they look hard enough the can always find better .
Well peto He said he's experienced and if it's only a couple years most drivers would say so. Unless an experienced driver is totally hard up for what I call an "in-between" job, he will NOT drive for .30cpm! However, all new drivers have to start somewhere and can't expect to get a job right away with a higher paying company, late model equipment and get treated at least half ways decent. There is all kinds of BS to put up with out there and the more experience you gain you will know right away what a prospective company is like after talking to a recruiter for only a couple minutes. If new drivers keep their records clear and prove they got what it takes, you will find that eventually you will have your choice of what job you will take.
Bill

West Alexandria, OH

#8 Sep 23, 2010
Ok for you non believers .48 cents loaded .30 empty. You run 50% loaded 505 empty that comes to to average .39 cents mile. 3000 x .39=$1170 plus $30 to load $ 30 to unload. Load three times a week, unload 3 times that's another $180 Total for week $1350 Plus anything over 2 hours loading unloading $18 an hour. I average about 60% loaded 40% empty. So I make more than .39cents a mile. I average between $60,000-$67,000 a year. Average take home pay around $900 a week. I also make another a several thousand a year from my website.

You don't have to settle for low paying trucking jobs. You just need to check around. If your not making at least $50000 a year an you have two years experience you have the wrong job.
peto

Monterey Park, CA

#9 Sep 24, 2010
Ok duh fair enough . At least were both trying to help . Napa and advanced auto parts will pay almost 60000 per year salary but you have to have two years exp and live close to their dc centers . If you google both of those companies you'll find their carreers page and can check if there hiring in your area . You also need hazmat to work at either of those and they pay semi monthly and have great benefits.
peto

Monterey Park, CA

#10 Sep 24, 2010
Oh yeah I almost forgot , you work Monday thru Friday , start about 7pm and get bach home around 6am everyday with Saturday and Sunday off .

Since: Apr 07

Location hidden

#11 Nov 13, 2010
I disagree with you there. Those figures are a little low unless you are talking about a new driver. I don't think anyone will get rich driving a truck but most can do better than that.( not trying to be argumentative )
Long Haul Driver wrote:
There are no real driving jobs out there that will net you $1000 and have you every weekend, short of you hauling explosives everyday. as for Bill, Bill is only trying to push his job service.
running 3000 miles a week at .48 CPM is $1440 per week and that means running every mile loaded and running full hours every day. and the chances that you find a load at every place you drop off at, is slim to none. if you have 2 hours of layover that is 2 hours you are not getting paid for and 2 hours out of your drive time. 2 hours of lay over a day is 10 hours a week you will not be driving and not making money.
realalisticly a company driver with a good company that gets you strong miles will get you between $550 and $750 a week gross.
<quoted text>
Midwest Trucker

United States

#12 Nov 14, 2010
Long Haul Driver wrote:
There are no real driving jobs out there that will net you $1000 and have you every weekend, short of you hauling explosives everyday. as for Bill, Bill is only trying to push his job service.
running 3000 miles a week at .48 CPM is $1440 per week and that means running every mile loaded and running full hours every day. and the chances that you find a load at every place you drop off at, is slim to none. if you have 2 hours of layover that is 2 hours you are not getting paid for and 2 hours out of your drive time. 2 hours of lay over a day is 10 hours a week you will not be driving and not making money.
realalisticly a company driver with a good company that gets you strong miles will get you between $550 and $750 a week gross.
<quoted text>
Maybe I should have made myslf more clear, when I said $1000/week I was talking gross as no two people will net the same due to deductions, ins type, child support, etc. You can have those same two people grossing the same but take home could very by up to $200 or more depending on each individual's personal situation. At any rate there are jobs where a good experienced driver can gross $1000 or more per week, but are hard to find out there, especially these days. I'm also wondering if you don't have 'gross' and 'net' mixed up since you stated that a driver with a good company getting strong miles will GROSS between $550-$750. Did you mean net as these numbers are very low. I grossed $500-$700 years ago at one of the worst companies I've ever driven for! Any driver who has been around and experienced with a good record would have to be very hard up or have rocks in his head to drive for chicken feed like that!
Midwest Trucker

United States

#13 Nov 14, 2010
peto wrote:
Ok duh fair enough . At least were both trying to help . Napa and advanced auto parts will pay almost 60000 per year salary but you have to have two years exp and live close to their dc centers . If you google both of those companies you'll find their carreers page and can check if there hiring in your area . You also need hazmat to work at either of those and they pay semi monthly and have great benefits.
Peto I know the job you are describing and it is all hand unload, I mean you will definitely work on that job. I had a friend who delivered Napa parts to various stores for ten years and he was no spring chicken. He ended up hurting his back so bad he was hospitalized for almost a month and after disability claims and a settlement from the ins company, had no choice but to find new employment. He still drives today but mostly it is all no touch freight.

“Trucking Is Not A Job-Its Life”

Since: Jun 07

Richmond / Colonial Heights,VA

#14 Nov 14, 2010
yes I was referring to a new driver fresh out of school and up to 6 or 9 months experience.
Midwest Trucker wrote:
<quoted text>Maybe I should have made myslf more clear, when I said $1000/week I was talking gross as no two people will net the same due to deductions, ins type, child support, etc. You can have those same two people grossing the same but take home could very by up to $200 or more depending on each individual's personal situation. At any rate there are jobs where a good experienced driver can gross $1000 or more per week, but are hard to find out there, especially these days. I'm also wondering if you don't have 'gross' and 'net' mixed up since you stated that a driver with a good company getting strong miles will GROSS between $550-$750. Did you mean net as these numbers are very low. I grossed $500-$700 years ago at one of the worst companies I've ever driven for! Any driver who has been around and experienced with a good record would have to be very hard up or have rocks in his head to drive for chicken feed like that!
CDL Helpers

Hopkins, MN

#15 Nov 18, 2010
First of all, I acutally know of some great carriers all over the nation, and in particular, I know of some that will get you home weekly for your reset, pay pracitcal miles, and even get you a sign on bonus out of Milwaukee, WI, which is where OP is listed to be from.

I place drivers with several carriers for a day job, but I also am the co-founder of the CDL Helpers project, which all drivers will be hearing more about soon I hope. Our goal is to help drivers out by developing tools for them to represent themselves better. Most of the driver shortage people are talking about simply means a "Qualified" Driver shortage. A lot of drivers don't qualify for the job they want simply because they don't apply properly, and companies don't waste their time working on applications that are difficult to process, incomplete, or even just difficult to read.

We're just getting launched, but we hope to close the gap between what companies expect from drivers to hire them, and what drivers think they need to qualify for jobs they want.

OP, email us at driverservices@cdlhelpers.com for more help. We're free, and all we do is help you get applied properly.

Drive Safe everybody!

The CDL Helpers Team
We Help Drivers. Do You?
Midwest Trucker

Milwaukee, WI

#16 Nov 19, 2010
CDL Helpers wrote:
First of all, I acutally know of some great carriers all over the nation, and in particular, I know of some that will get you home weekly for your reset, pay pracitcal miles, and even get you a sign on bonus out of Milwaukee, WI, which is where OP is listed to be from.
I place drivers with several carriers for a day job, but I also am the co-founder of the CDL Helpers project, which all drivers will be hearing more about soon I hope. Our goal is to help drivers out by developing tools for them to represent themselves better. Most of the driver shortage people are talking about simply means a "Qualified" Driver shortage. A lot of drivers don't qualify for the job they want simply because they don't apply properly, and companies don't waste their time working on applications that are difficult to process, incomplete, or even just difficult to read.
We're just getting launched, but we hope to close the gap between what companies expect from drivers to hire them, and what drivers think they need to qualify for jobs they want.
OP, email us at driverservices@cdlhelpers.com for more help. We're free, and all we do is help you get applied properly.
Drive Safe everybody!
The CDL Helpers Team
We Help Drivers. Do You?
I don't need any help whatsoever obtaining a job as I am more than qualified and also very intelligent. However tons of companies out there do NOT meet MY qualifications and I wouldn't be caught dead driving there ratty equipment down the road or putting up with there BS. Companies such as yours are a dime a dozen who make their money providing so called "qualified" drivers to companies that need drivers, which they usually all do anyways, never ending. You are also no better than the companies you contract with spreading your lies of 'highest pay in the industry, great hometime, etc. And please, why do you and other companies brag about 'practical miles'? The only time anyone should brag is if they pay 'actual' miles. When you brag about paying me practical miles, what you are really saying is "Hey buddy, instead of ripping you off 10%, we're only going to ripp you off 4%-5%". Do you realize that for every 1% your mileage program differs from the true mileage, I am being shorted .005cpm. In other words, even at the lowest of 4%, that means .02cpm less. There is no one on your list that I can't apply directly to myself. Another thing, it kills me how companies, and even you, brag about getting home weekly or weekends, but only meaning to get your 34hr restart...what a effing joke! Tell me honestly, what am I going to be able to really do or enjoy myself during those 34 hours!?! In my book a weekend consists of a minimum of 60 hours and every road job I've ever had, that is what I got! I highly doubt that your company has any jobs that pay a minimum of $1000/wk gross along with weekends at home and I'm talking a 'full' weekend.
CDL Helpers

Hopkins, MN

#17 Nov 19, 2010
Midwest Trucker wrote:
<quoted text>I don't need any help whatsoever obtaining a job as I am more than qualified and also very intelligent. However tons of companies out there do NOT meet MY qualifications and I wouldn't be caught dead driving there ratty equipment down the road or putting up with there BS. Companies such as yours are a dime a dozen who make their money providing so called "qualified" drivers to companies that need drivers, which they usually all do anyways, never ending. You are also no better than the companies you contract with spreading your lies of 'highest pay in the industry, great hometime, etc. And please, why do you and other companies brag about 'practical miles'? The only time anyone should brag is if they pay 'actual' miles. When you brag about paying me practical miles, what you are really saying is "Hey buddy, instead of ripping you off 10%, we're only going to ripp you off 4%-5%". Do you realize that for every 1% your mileage program differs from the true mileage, I am being shorted .005cpm. In other words, even at the lowest of 4%, that means .02cpm less. There is no one on your list that I can't apply directly to myself. Another thing, it kills me how companies, and even you, brag about getting home weekly or weekends, but only meaning to get your 34hr restart...what a effing joke! Tell me honestly, what am I going to be able to really do or enjoy myself during those 34 hours!?! In my book a weekend consists of a minimum of 60 hours and every road job I've ever had, that is what I got! I highly doubt that your company has any jobs that pay a minimum of $1000/wk gross along with weekends at home and I'm talking a 'full' weekend.
You know what? We're actually not contracted with any carriers at all, and we talk to drivers about what the carriers are like so we get real feedback. In fact, we don't have a list of carriers we work with posted anywhere, so you clearly didn't even bother to look at our site. Nor did you take the time to contact us and realize we're good people just trying to help.

We "bragged" about nothing. We never said you couldn't apply yourself, but we look at resumes all day that do not come even remotely close to covering all the bases a driving resume needs to cover. So, we're trying to offer drivers a free hand.

I'm sorry if you're too blinded by your pride and sense of entitlement to decline a polite offer of assistance with a similarly polite response.

With an attitude like that, we probably couldn't help you anyway.:(

Best of luck.

Olive Branch, MS

#18 Nov 21, 2010
CDL Helpers wrote:
Drive Safe everybody!
The CDL Helpers Team
We Help Drivers. Do You?
your only pushing for a commission when you get a driver hired. so long as the driver has a cdl and a little experience, and maybe a decent driving record, im sure you could care less whether the driver is somewhat unqualifed or not, so long as your comission check comes thru.
Still in Saigon

Western Springs, IL

#19 Nov 21, 2010
There are a few good driving jobs around, but they are filled many years ago by drivers who will stay until they retire. No openings. The boss where I retired from only considers Veterans who ALSO have a personal reference from someone already working there. He has never had to run an ad.
Midwest Trucker

Milwaukee, WI

#21 Nov 21, 2010
CDL Helpers wrote:
<quoted text>
You know what? We're actually not contracted with any carriers at all, and we talk to drivers about what the carriers are like so we get real feedback. In fact, we don't have a list of carriers we work with posted anywhere, so you clearly didn't even bother to look at our site. Nor did you take the time to contact us and realize we're good people just trying to help.
We "bragged" about nothing. We never said you couldn't apply yourself, but we look at resumes all day that do not come even remotely close to covering all the bases a driving resume needs to cover. So, we're trying to offer drivers a free hand.
I'm sorry if you're too blinded by your pride and sense of entitlement to decline a polite offer of assistance with a similarly polite response.
With an attitude like that, we probably couldn't help you anyway.:(
Best of luck.
I suggest you go back and re-read your post (#15) where you started out talking about knowing all these great carriers and placing drivers with them for your day job. Do you own this company also? Most people who do what you do are just a one or two man operation, the middleman between the driver and prospective employer, kind of like a freight broker but in this case a driver broker. I was calling you out, along with trucking companies, on claims of high pay, practical miles, hometime and made the comment that you probably could not place a driver in a job that pays a minimum of $1000/wk and offers (full) weekends off. You failed to respond to any of this so I must assume you have no rebuttal. Instead you kept plugging your resume service and ended by telling me I had a bad attitude and probably couldn't be helped, followed by an upside down smiley face. I mean, WTF, are you a schoolgirl posting on Facebook or what!?! How professional of you, Mr. CDL Helper...LOL!!!! FYI, as far as my attitude, I have always received very high ratings and more than favorable remarks on my evaluations as far as getting along with others, co-workers and customers alike!

As for your resume service, I personally think it is a good idea and if it helps someone learn how to qualify and obtain a driving job that is a good thing. Although this service is free to the driver, let us not be so blinded to forget the bottom line is PROFIT for you, unless you are a multi-millionaire who is doing this just out of boredom. Obviously the more drivers you can get "qualified", the more drivers you can place at prospective companies resulting in money in your pocket.
Midwest Trucker

Milwaukee, WI

#22 Nov 21, 2010
Still in Saigon wrote:
There are a few good driving jobs around, but they are filled many years ago by drivers who will stay until they retire. No openings. The boss where I retired from only considers Veterans who ALSO have a personal reference from someone already working there. He has never had to run an ad.
If that is the case, I must commend your boss as he is definitely doing something right and treating his drivers the way they deserve to be treated for them to remain with him long term. We all know what a large turn over there is in the trucking industry and why there are so many driver shortages (even in these hard times) for obvious reasons.
Midnightrider

Elgin, IL

#23 Nov 22, 2010
https://www.cia.gov/careers/opportunities/sup... Here's a driving job that pays slightly over 1000/week. Drivers for the government seem to do ok, especially they are paid hourly, that means they get overtime (instead of any UNPAID time) for delays, truck breakdowns, and the like.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Trucking Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What companies will hire Felony Truck Drivers (Aug '10) Thu emotionalgangsta 212
Freight agent broker training (Apr '08) Thu Cory Trevor 8
Truckers wife canton, ohio needs help!! Sep 16 Southernbell1979 1
Stevens Transport? (Aug '07) Sep 13 gymbo7410 464
Volvo D13 Problems (Feb '11) Sep 12 rab501 135
cr england total scam (Feb '10) Sep 11 looking to drive 239
Getting a Job at UPS (Oct '06) Sep 8 Linarose 538
•••

Trucking People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••