CRST - We can't pay our bills

CRST - We can't pay our bills

Posted in the Trucking Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Truckers_Wife

United States

#1 Feb 24, 2009
We can't pay our bills and we only need about $1000 a month to cover them. Loads are being canceled at an alarming rate. Layovers are long.

Is this going on around the country?

Any comments or information will be appreciated.

Thanks,

A Truckers Wife
Therealdeal

United States

#2 Feb 24, 2009
I hate to tell you Truckers Wife, but this slowdown is just starting. It took 15 years to get to this point and it is going to take along time to come back.
Joe LaForm

Albany, GA

#3 Feb 24, 2009
Let me give you a hint. Get out of the dry box and into a reefer. We are the only ones still making some money. Yes, it has dropped off. but people still have to eat which means you will still make a paycheck. Thanx
Midnightrider

Geneva, IL

#4 Feb 25, 2009
Truckers_Wife wrote:
We can't pay our bills and we only need about $1000 a month to cover them. Loads are being canceled at an alarming rate. Layovers are long.
Is this going on around the country?
Any comments or information will be appreciated.
Thanks,
A Truckers Wife
Things are going to get worse before they get any better. Tens of thousands of drivers have been laid off, many permanently. Tens of thousands of O-Os are going bankrupt, losing their houses and everything they own. Many of those still running are making little or no money, and wearing out their truck with no money left to set aside for overhaul or unexpected repair. Hope for the best, but be prepare for the worst.
scooter

United States

#5 Feb 25, 2009
It was like this in the early 80's, it will take awhile to get out and things rolling along again. Obama's spending spree isnt going to help the trucking industry, if anything,with the fuel tax increases and toll increases its going to make our life harder.I can only hope your husbands truck and trailer are paid for.
Joe LaForm

Atlanta, GA

#6 Mar 2, 2009
Lets blame everything on a guy who has been president for 5 minutes. Dumb rednecks
Truckers_Wife

United States

#7 Mar 4, 2009
Joe LaForm wrote:
Lets blame everything on a guy who has been president for 5 minutes. Dumb rednecks
People are going to continue to blame Bush long after he is in his grave because it feels good to do so. There is one reason for this mess, I've seen it unfold with my own eyes. People like my adult son being talked into a $500,000 home that he could never afford, by my ex who BTW bought many homes with no money down, on make believe trash loans, with the intention of flipping them for a fast buck.

Just this one man caused the loss of millions of dollars. THAT is the problem. Do you think any Republican would condone that? The only thing Bush is responsible for is the decision to go war (which we could not run from 9-11 with our tails between our legs), and not being aware what Barney and his ignorant Liberal goons were doing.

Who caused this to happen? Ask Barney Frank and the Dems WHY they insisted lenders give homes to people like my son. I mean all people have the right to own their own home after all, right?

"Rednecks" have more common sense than any ignorant liberal who thinks lazy people deserve equal living standards to those who work. We may have trouble paying our bills but we will never give up and let the government pay them. And we do NOT like having to work to pay other's bills. Let them work too.

We bought a small place that we could afford and almost paid off, we are growing our own food and storing food for the future, working our ass off to have zero debt. Now who do you think is going to be at our gate begging for food thinking they are entitled to it because we have it and they don't? Why my liberal relatives of course!
Truckers_Wife

United States

#8 Mar 4, 2009
P.S. Thanks Joe for the heads up on the reefer. I've heard they are staying busy. People still do "need to eat". I heard that Lee Iacoca (sp?) made money during the depression selling hot dogs in a hot dog cart.

If you're hauling weenies, you might end up a rich man.

:)
Truckers_Wife

United States

#9 Mar 4, 2009
BTW, we actually paid all the bills! DH only worked for 2 weeks in Feb but we did it. I pray March is better for us all.
Don

North Richland Hills, TX

#10 Mar 5, 2009
get ready, everyone. it's gonna get worse, after the new fuel tax is passed.$1.27 more tax per gallon. think we'll survive this one? i doubt it, and only the very strongest will survive. maybe swift, werner, schneider will be the only companies left in the country. pick your favorite color, because the pay will be the same, and it will suck!
Joe LaForm

Marietta, GA

#11 Mar 6, 2009
I wasnt going to even respond, but seeing as how that you are so ill informed, I have to. THe housing crisis really had nothing to do with the current economic state of America. What you typed was a talking point from Fox. What destroyed our economy is something called laisee faire capitalism. What that means is we let the financial industry run wild, with almost no oversight and no regulation. Now, the housing fallout didnt help, but it certainly was not the cause. THe reason why you have not been hearing that is most major media are embarrased by it. Anything less than the current system we have they would call socialism. Thats not true. But to keep that system in place and let the rich get richer off the backs of the American people,certain elements in this country(Fox being one)will tell you how having regulations would have had more of a catostraphic impact on what is going on. You need to be more informed. Its not a Democratic issue. Its not Barney Frank or Chris Dodd. It is every member of government who for years who are in favor of big business doing what they want to squeeze the pennies out of the American people, ship jobs off to other countries so those corporations can see as little as a 1% increase in their profitabiliy. The same people who give Wal-Mart every tax break they can but not give a small business owner any other of those breaks. Unless of course they are not from here. Its just the truth.
Truckers_Wife wrote:
<quoted text>
People are going to continue to blame Bush long after he is in his grave because it feels good to do so. There is one reason for this mess, I've seen it unfold with my own eyes. People like my adult son being talked into a $500,000 home that he could never afford, by my ex who BTW bought many homes with no money down, on make believe trash loans, with the intention of flipping them for a fast buck.
Just this one man caused the loss of millions of dollars. THAT is the problem. Do you think any Republican would condone that? The only thing Bush is responsible for is the decision to go war (which we could not run from 9-11 with our tails between our legs), and not being aware what Barney and his ignorant Liberal goons were doing.
Who caused this to happen? Ask Barney Frank and the Dems WHY they insisted lenders give homes to people like my son. I mean all people have the right to own their own home after all, right?
"Rednecks" have more common sense than any ignorant liberal who thinks lazy people deserve equal living standards to those who work. We may have trouble paying our bills but we will never give up and let the government pay them. And we do NOT like having to work to pay other's bills. Let them work too.
We bought a small place that we could afford and almost paid off, we are growing our own food and storing food for the future, working our ass off to have zero debt. Now who do you think is going to be at our gate begging for food thinking they are entitled to it because we have it and they don't? Why my liberal relatives of course!
Joe LaForm

Marietta, GA

#12 Mar 6, 2009
By the way, I am a liberal. I am not ignorant. I am educated. And alot more people have lost their houses not because they should have never got the money, but because the jobs they had are no longer there,or their pay has been cut or the retirees who had been living off their 401k and retirement savings have been wiped out. Educate yourself before pointing figers. Thank you.
Truckers_Wife

United States

#13 Mar 7, 2009
Surely there were several causes for this mess. That is easy to see, however from personal experience (not TV) the housing market was one of the biggest. In Southern California there are oceans of housing tracts like my son's that are now empty. If one man can lose the bank several millions of dollars, what do you think a million people can do? The ex had about 5 homes on trash loans.

The root of it all is not capitalism, but is a serious moral decline across the board. Many Republicans, Democrats, people who play with other people's money like Madoff, have become morally bankrupt.

Back to trucking, DH got a cross country load that paid well, he is on a layover in NY. Hope he doesn't have to wait till Monday for a load. He is sitting in front of the Hudson River watching ice floes drift down stream. He wants to buy a bunch of little polar bears so he can throw them on the ice chunks. He does get bored lol.

Stay Safe,

TW
Joe LaForm wrote:
I wasnt going to even respond, but seeing as how that you are so ill informed, I have to. THe housing crisis really had nothing to do with the current economic state of America. What you typed was a talking point from Fox. What destroyed our economy is something called laisee faire capitalism. What that means is we let the financial industry run wild, with almost no oversight and no regulation. Now, the housing fallout didnt help, but it certainly was not the cause. THe reason why you have not been hearing that is most major media are embarrased by it. Anything less than the current system we have they would call socialism. Thats not true. But to keep that system in place and let the rich get richer off the backs of the American people,certain elements in this country(Fox being one)will tell you how having regulations would have had more of a catostraphic impact on what is going on. You need to be more informed. Its not a Democratic issue. Its not Barney Frank or Chris Dodd. It is every member of government who for years who are in favor of big business doing what they want to squeeze the pennies out of the American people, ship jobs off to other countries so those corporations can see as little as a 1% increase in their profitabiliy. The same people who give Wal-Mart every tax break they can but not give a small business owner any other of those breaks. Unless of course they are not from here. Its just the truth. <quoted text>
Truckers_Wife

United States

#14 Mar 7, 2009
Joe LaForm wrote:
By the way, I am a liberal. I am not ignorant. I am educated. And alot more people have lost their houses not because they should have never got the money, but because the jobs they had are no longer there,or their pay has been cut or the retirees who had been living off their 401k and retirement savings have been wiped out. Educate yourself before pointing figers. Thank you.
And you educate yourself. The foreclosures that started the bank losses were from junk SUBPRIME loans.

http://www.dqnews.com/Articles/2009/News/Cali...
Truckers_Wife

United States

#15 Mar 7, 2009
CNN:

http://money.cnn.com/2008/07/31/real_estate/N...

"The New York State Commission of Investigations reported that the state's mortgage borrowers need more regulatory protection from predatory lenders. It also linked subprime loans closely to New York's growing foreclosure problem; in 2007, 59% of all foreclosures statewide involved subprime loans."

Of course being the liberal news agency they blame everybody except the person signing the loan.

That was just the beginning!
Truckers_Wife

United States

#16 Mar 7, 2009
More education;

A March report by First American CoreLogic Inc. predicts 1.1 million foreclosures nationwide in the next six to seven years among adjustable-rate mortgage loans that originated from 2004-06.http://www.columbusrea ltors.com/16079.cfm
Truckers_Wife

United States

#17 Mar 7, 2009
More education:

New Foreclosure and Spillover Projections
We now project that almost 2.2 million subprime foreclosures will occur primarily in late
2008 through the end of 2009, up from our original 1.1 million estimate made in 2006.
Additionally we estimate that 40.6 million homes in neighborhoods surrounding those
foreclosures will suffer price declines averaging over $8,667 per home and resulting in a $352
billion total decline in property values. These new projections—representing only property
value declines caused by nearby foreclosures, not other price drops associated with the
slowdown in local housing markets—are based on CRL research combined with data from
Merrill Lynch, Moody’s Economy.com , and the Mortgage Bankers Association, as described
in the Appendix.5 http://www.responsiblelending.org/pdfs/update...

I don't know where you get your information from Joe but according to the experts, you are wrong.
Joe LaForm

Marietta, GA

#18 Mar 7, 2009
No,Im not, you are looking at one case. And you go back to the liberal thing again and again. Ill tell you what. If you cant pay your bills, Ill give you another hint. Instead of listening to far right talking points all day long and then trying to find how you can apply those points to someone you disagree politicaly with, GET A JOB. Im sure that you working along with your husband working will be able cover $1000 a month. I can cover that in a week by myself. Like most other drivers, even in an economic downturn. No response needed.
Truckers_Wife

United States

#19 Mar 8, 2009
Joe LaForm wrote:
No,Im not, you are looking at one case. And you go back to the liberal thing again and again. Ill tell you what. If you cant pay your bills, Ill give you another hint. Instead of listening to far right talking points all day long and then trying to find how you can apply those points to someone you disagree politicaly with, GET A JOB. Im sure that you working along with your husband working will be able cover $1000 a month. I can cover that in a week by myself. Like most other drivers, even in an economic downturn. No response needed.
I'm disabled and for your information I am working with my doctors hoping to pass my DOT physical. So we'll see. Before I became disabled I made more working 20 hours than you make in a month, one of the perks of an education. My husband owned a successful business and sold it for a quieter life in the country.

Too bad you can not watch "60 Minutes" tonight, they are showing the feds closing down another bank with 6 branches called Heritage Bank. If you could watch it you would see the REASON they are being closed down;

SUBPRIME LOANS
Truckers_Wife

United States

#20 Mar 8, 2009
Joe needs to stop getting his current event information from the Comedy Channel.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Trucking Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Beware of J.B. Hunt (Jan '08) Fri Jjc 52
Volvo D13 Problems (Feb '11) Thu truckermack 304
Volvo780 09 d13 Aug 13 Omar 1
schneider national sucks (Jun '10) Aug 11 Matt 244
I am offering freight broker/agent training (Sep '10) Aug 10 evethree 31
Homosexual truckers (Apr '08) Aug 10 guido 39
US XPRESS , Bad unsafe trainer and falsafying e... (Jan '11) Aug 8 dnh1421 9
More from around the web