Auto Truck Transport Corp closing Da...

Auto Truck Transport Corp closing Dayton OH yard

Posted in the Trucking Forum

been there done that

London, KY

#1 Dec 30, 2009
It's not the only yard that will close, just the first to announce. Check out the credit rating for that company, I can't provide a link to it but it can be found very easy. Here is the link to the story

http://www.daytondailynews.com/business/186-j...
supertrucker

United States

#2 Dec 30, 2009
Isn't the main company JHT holdings? They are hiring like crazy for their Owner Op division Unimark. They are just scam artists like Arrow. Thousands laid off and they are hiring contractors to replace them.
been there done that

London, KY

#3 Dec 30, 2009
supertrucker wrote:
Isn't the main company JHT holdings? They are hiring like crazy for their Owner Op division Unimark. They are just scam artists like Arrow. Thousands laid off and they are hiring contractors to replace them.
Owner Ops are not only cheaper than Company Drivers because the company takes it's profit off the top and the contractor has to deal with all the crap that happens to the truck. They also bring assets to the balace sheets so the company can leverage more at the banks. Your right about the structure of that company and the credit rating there is crap. I don't think they can borrow the money to update equipment right now and must move to Owner Ops for that reason and so they can use the equipment on the balance sheet to borrow what little they can to pay fuel and the bills.
supertrucker

United States

#4 Jan 2, 2010
been there done that wrote:
<quoted text>
Owner Ops are not only cheaper than Company Drivers because the company takes it's profit off the top and the contractor has to deal with all the crap that happens to the truck. They also bring assets to the balace sheets so the company can leverage more at the banks. Your right about the structure of that company and the credit rating there is crap. I don't think they can borrow the money to update equipment right now and must move to Owner Ops for that reason and so they can use the equipment on the balance sheet to borrow what little they can to pay fuel and the bills.
What are you talking about? This is a driveaway company. They don't own ANY equipment. The owner operator model here is a definite scam. Recruiter told me on the phone guys siphon fuel to get down the road. Not gonna go there.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Trucking Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
volvo d16 problems (Jul '07) Sat Agl 452
schneider national sucks (Jun '10) Sat Current driver 196
anyone know anything about ace doran hauling an... (Dec '09) Jun 23 Pooklar 29
Anheuser bush in Cartersville ga Jun 21 Nomtae 1
Poll which kind of truck driver bugs you the most? (Feb '08) Jun 20 Allison 153
U.S. Express - good; bad; ugly (Jul '08) Jun 19 hans 75
Volvo D13 Problems (Feb '11) Jun 14 kelt 248
More from around the web