72 hour DOT crackdown????

Posted in the Trucking Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Anna

United States

#1 May 15, 2009
Does anyone know when this years DOT 72-hour crackdown is happening?

“Always working!!!”

Since: May 09

Georgia

#2 May 15, 2009
Usually the first week In June. Some states like to start the last week in May ie:Texas other states do it on and off in the month of June.
vacation time

United States

#3 May 23, 2009
That would be a great week for every driver in the nation to take a 72 hour vacation.
BTK

United States

#4 May 23, 2009
vacation time wrote:
That would be a great week for every driver in the nation to take a 72 hour vacation.
Indeed!
billyBOB

United States

#5 May 26, 2009
june 2 thru 4
ace

Bensalem, PA

#6 May 30, 2009
Every driver take a 72 hr vacation... definitely will prove a point. You hear all these negative comments from people that never drove a truck and have no clue of what we go through. When they aren't getting their food and things. they'll sing a different tune...
ace

Bensalem, PA

#7 May 30, 2009
Ga and NC started early. Were working hard this past week...
chevy

United States

#9 Jun 5, 2011
when does pa have their 72 hr dot ?

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#10 Jun 6, 2011
I donít think Iím going to make myself popular by saying this, but I say bring on the inspections, Iím not worrying. And bet that if they did inspections on cars, trucks would have a better inspection records then cars. After all I see cars everyday without a brake light and many cars a week without any break lights. Most of the cars donít even seem to have blinkers.

Iíll even bet concerned american, guest (whatever you call yourself today) would fail and be OOS if he went through an inspection. We already know his brain is OOS.
truckertrucker blitz 2011

Galena, OH

#11 Jun 7, 2011
the 72 hr blitz for 2011 is from midnight june 7 thru the 9th, 3 days, some states like to actually keep in high gear thru the weekend.

this year we should expect to see at least some buses getting checked, after the bad wrecks they've been having. I have never seen a bus being checked, but that may change now.

states do checks on cars, but not at weigh stations usually on hwy routes. but no one in my family has been stopped for one in like 10 yrs, guess they rarely do em.
apparently they do not care that cars don't have brakes, lights or turn signals. or dimmers, or 90 yr olds that can't drive over 40 mph.

GOOD LUCK to all
Bill

Dallas, TX

#12 Jun 7, 2011
Anna wrote:
Does anyone know when this years DOT 72-hour crackdown is happening?
June 7,8,9 2011

Since: May 11

Location hidden

#13 Jun 7, 2011
Iím not sure what other states smog laws are; Iím only a Californian. But every two-yr. we have to smog our cars, mine is due this yr. So how about when they smog cars, the cars are also inspected to be sure it is safe on the road. Besides lights, I see cars with bald tires; I know a couple of people with bad brakes.

Of course something like that would never be passed, the public (which cries for safe hwys) would fight it, saying,ďtheyíre trying to take our freedoms away.Ē
Steven

United States

#14 Jun 8, 2011
Just do as I will, for the next few days take the scenic route. Go around and or dodge every scale house you possibly can. It's always worked for me. They can't inspect what they can't see!
Always Late

United States

#15 Jun 8, 2011
I agree, its the perfect week for the senic route. Its not about safety anyway, 2 years ago louisiana DOT found a cracked wheel on my rear drive. After I was given an expensive citation for this, I was allowed to leave with it still broken. I did stop and get it replaced but the DOT officer should have red tagged my truck but instead they just took the money and let me roll.
wanzer

United States

#16 Jun 8, 2011
That wouldn't be bad ideal if scale houses were only place it was going on but not only are dot at the weight stations but they are seating on pull offs on interstates and major hwy waiting on us!
trigger

Anna, IL

#18 Jun 10, 2011
schedule it ...stay at the home 20 during blitz...tend to your equipment and the honey do list to keep your mind off things ...then and only then after the blitz is over ... peak out from behind the curtain and c if the coast is clear ...if not go back to the honey do list.lmoa at least there can be progress around the home front ...which is usually neglected by us owner operators......stand tall and be proud and keep the home fire burning ..happy trails..... trigger
JOE

United States

#19 Oct 12, 2011
Does anybody know if dot inspections are going on in Texas today?
Connie

Dallas, TX

#20 Jan 6, 2015
Does anyone know when the 72 hours DOT check starts in 2015?
timber

Wooster, AR

#21 Apr 21, 2015
Started today in southeast mo
misiek

Woodstock, IL

#22 May 27, 2015
timber wrote:
Started today in southeast mo
Missouri is doing them year round.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Trucking Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
trucking companies out of business (Jun '08) 14 hr SteveGinerisGrandSon 70
Volvo D13 Problems (Feb '11) Jul 23 Brandon 302
News ArcBest to Augment NFMC Classification System w... Jul 15 drsgolfer 1
Freight Brokers generating new leads? (May '09) Jul 14 rmcdonald 27
News UPS to Freeze Pension Plans for Nonunion Staffers Jul 12 AmPieJam UncleSam 2
Volvo d16 back gears on the motor Jul 11 Torch 1
News UPS faces class-action ADA lawsuit over working... (Aug '07) Jul 7 U perople Suck 48
More from around the web