Beware of Parrish Trucks & Equipment, LLC!
Posted in the Truckers Forum
#1 Mar 5, 2014
• My truck was damaged in an accident on 12/18/2013.
• Parrish Trucking was called by the local Police to tow my truck.
• I received their estimate on 12/20/2013. It was $10,091.19.
• They were approved to do the work and then my insurance agreed to pay them over $10,000.
• My insurance issued a payment based on the PDA estimate on 01/22/2014.
• I received another invoice from Parrish Towing on 02/04/2014 for the amount of $15,996, which included Storage Fees.
• This fee includes the days that the truck was actually being repaired, even though, according to my Insurance Agent, it is customary for the company doing the repairs to not charge storage when the equipment is being repaired at the time.
• I requested the towing fees be removed from the invoice since he did (partial) repairs to the rig, which did not include fixing the body damage.
• Parrish Towing refused to waive their storage fee of $50/day storage for truck and $50/day for trailer [industry standard ranges from $25-$40/day].
• On 02/06/2014, Parrish called and informed me he was filing a lien on the equipment.
• Filing a lien to retrieve Storage Payments is against State Law.
• Even though Parrish has been informed of this by our attorney, he continues to hold our equipment hostage.
Is this what a reputable company does?
Add your comments below
|female doctors doing dot physicals on men (Jun '07)||9 hr||Snakebit||124|
|Can you make good money trucking? (Mar '11)||Feb 2||Ted||24|
|US companies that hire Canadian Drivers (Sep '09)||Jan 29||EPZA||18|
|why truck drivers are so fat and lazy? (Aug '11)||Jan 24||Johnwill||14|
|Dot physical?||Dec '15||Jkluden||1|
|Why it Might Be Harder to Get a Tow this Winter||Dec '15||Call me in 15 min...||1|
Find what you want!
Search Truckers Forum Now
Copyright © 2016 Topix LLC