cost of Fuel & Broker Prices

cost of Fuel & Broker Prices

Posted in the Truckers Forum

Dreammaker

Cleveland, TN

#1 Sep 24, 2012
I want to know why is the price of fuel up ? Is this not hurting any of the sall companies and owne operators. The past month I've had to take extra money just to get a load to its destanation paying $4.19 agallon to go 850 miles only getting advance for 50% of what the loads paying and of course that takes yu back to the roker who are only wanting topay $1.35 to $1.60 a mile come on how do they expect o/o and small companies to do this ? It's like there is no fuel surcharge on these loads I haul reefer and running the unit constantly eats that up quick when you don't get enough of the load,Cheap freight high Fuel can there not be something done,I don't even hear any chatter about this Someone let me know what you've heard or how you feel
Dreammaker

Cleveland, TN

#2 Sep 24, 2012
Sorry people I have some mispelled words in there I hope you can understand what it say's.
driver

Godwin, NC

#3 Mar 2, 2013
The industry should stick together on pricing,and maybe take one large broker CH,TQL etc and refuse to haul for them for a given month anything less than $2 per mile. It would not take 3 or 4 months for the message to get out. Could you imagine the fear in a big shipper knowing their month could be next.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Truckers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trucker Chatroom (Apr '08) Apr 29 Winterhalk1963 13
US companies that hire Canadian Drivers (Sep '09) Apr 28 Jerry 19
New owner operator transportation Insurance cov... Apr 25 AnthonyG13 10
Watch what you say on your DOT physical (May '08) Apr 22 Jay 186
pros and cons of star transportation out of Nas... (Jan '09) Mar '16 BE CAREFUL 40
Can you make good money trucking? (Mar '11) Mar '16 Jeff Bayless 25
News Georgia Views Mar '16 Prep-for-Dep 3
More from around the web