Dreammaker

Moore, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

I want to know why is the price of fuel up ? Is this not hurting any of the sall companies and owne operators. The past month I've had to take extra money just to get a load to its destanation paying $4.19 agallon to go 850 miles only getting advance for 50% of what the loads paying and of course that takes yu back to the roker who are only wanting topay $1.35 to $1.60 a mile come on how do they expect o/o and small companies to do this ? It's like there is no fuel surcharge on these loads I haul reefer and running the unit constantly eats that up quick when you don't get enough of the load,Cheap freight high Fuel can there not be something done,I don't even hear any chatter about this Someone let me know what you've heard or how you feel
Dreammaker

Moore, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 24, 2012

Sorry people I have some mispelled words in there I hope you can understand what it say's.
driver

Whitsett, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2013

The industry should stick together on pricing,and maybe take one large broker CH,TQL etc and refuse to haul for them for a given month anything less than $2 per mile. It would not take 3 or 4 months for the message to get out. Could you imagine the fear in a big shipper knowing their month could be next.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Truckers Discussions

Search the Truckers Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
NEVER work for WESTERN EXPRESS, INC.!!!! (Apr '12) Jul 24 J DOG 154
Watch what you say on your DOT physical (May '08) Jul 22 John 175
Obama vows to act alone, taunts Republicans Jul 8 Amigo 4
US companies that hire Canadian Drivers (Sep '09) Jul 6 Mon 9
pros and cons of star transportation out of Nas... (Jan '09) Jul 1 Nu2Truckn 32
Mercedes engine (Nov '07) Jun 30 big ticket 21
U.S. senators, safety groups fight over truck d... Jun '14 barefoot2626 52
•••
•••