Ice road TV series won't base 2nd season in Yellowknife

Jan 7, 2008 | Posted by: Long Haul Driver | Full story: www.cbc.ca

Producers of aA documentary television series about ice-road truckers in the Northwest Territories want to shoot a follow-up, but the group of companies that built the winter road says it won't be part of the ...

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of33
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Trucking Is Not A Job-Its Life”

Since: Jun 07

Richmond / Colonial Heights,VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jan 9, 2008
 
It looks like the diamond mines up there rule the roads. and yeah alot of times they did stuff just because the cameras were on them. so I can see the reasoning of the companies to shut down a second season due to safety reasons.
Hanley111

Cincinnati, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jan 31, 2008
 

Judged:

1

Long Haul Driver wrote:
It looks like the diamond mines up there rule the roads. and yeah alot of times they did stuff just because the cameras were on them. so I can see the reasoning of the companies to shut down a second season due to safety reasons.
It just goes to show what I company will do or not do if it doesn't benefit them. They do not drive the trucks. All they do is receive the goods that they pay the truckers to get just like any other trucking business.
What if all the truckers said screw you then and not do the hauling. The only thing they build is the road and technically nature is the one doing the work all they do is check the thickeness and keep it level. Bottom line is NO TRUCKS NO GOODS for you money hungry magots.
I suppose the dimond mines own all the land between Yellowknife and the dimond mines.
I may not be right in this but at least I had my say LOL.

“Trucking Is Not A Job-Its Life”

Since: Jun 07

Richmond / Colonial Heights,VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Feb 3, 2008
 
I think part of it is, they showed on camera that they were open pit mining which distroys the area even if they refill the hole that area is ruined for decades.
Hanley111 wrote:
<quoted text>
It just goes to show what I company will do or not do if it doesn't benefit them. They do not drive the trucks. All they do is receive the goods that they pay the truckers to get just like any other trucking business.
What if all the truckers said screw you then and not do the hauling. The only thing they build is the road and technically nature is the one doing the work all they do is check the thickeness and keep it level. Bottom line is NO TRUCKS NO GOODS for you money hungry magots.
I suppose the dimond mines own all the land between Yellowknife and the dimond mines.
I may not be right in this but at least I had my say LOL.
matt

Clifton Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Feb 4, 2008
 

Judged:

1

i loved that show,shows exactly what a man will do for his family
and everyone bashes truckers
THE DASH FOR THE CASH
ML Huggins

Easley, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Feb 7, 2008
 

Judged:

1

It figures that once we finally got a show that does show the dangers of driving, ice or not, it gets pulled. Yes, the drivers did show out on camera, but thats how it is. If people think we don't "Show Off" in real life on the road, they have never meet a real driver.

“Trucking Is Not A Job-Its Life”

Since: Jun 07

Richmond / Colonial Heights,VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Feb 7, 2008
 
It is not being pulled, it is just changing to a different location. and as for showing off, after almost 17 years otr I never did any of the stupid stuff I saw them do(get out of the driver seat go into the sleeper to get a drink),(get out of seat, open the door to take a piss while driving down the road)just to name a couple things. so clearly I must not be a real driver.
ML Huggins wrote:
It figures that once we finally got a show that does show the dangers of driving, ice or not, it gets pulled. Yes, the drivers did show out on camera, but thats how it is. If people think we don't "Show Off" in real life on the road, they have never meet a real driver.
Paul

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Feb 10, 2008
 

Judged:

2

1

I loved the first season of ice road truckers and I was sadly disappointed when the second season was cancelled because the diamond mines have imposed strict rules and will NOT allow the truckers to be filmed. However I do not wish to hear one thing bad about the diamond mines. They are Jewish owned and operated. Anything said negatively about them would be reflect against the DeBeers family of Jewish diamond merchants based in South Africa. Sadly, that would be ANTI-SEMITIC.
Lalear

Coarsegold, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Feb 11, 2008
 

Judged:

4

2

1

There's nothing wrong with being anti-semetic. Boycott De Beers.
matt

Clifton Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Feb 12, 2008
 

Judged:

1

Is the show going to be aired again? when is first start date?

another question for ya all

whats better flatbed or reefer?
ML Huggins

Roanoke Rapids, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Feb 14, 2008
 
Long Haul Driver wrote:
It is not being pulled, it is just changing to a different location. and as for showing off, after almost 17 years otr I never did any of the stupid stuff I saw them do(get out of the driver seat go into the sleeper to get a drink),(get out of seat, open the door to take a piss while driving down the road)just to name a couple things. so clearly I must not be a real driver.<quoted text>
When i was refering To "showing off" i was refering to the way they talked, and goofed around. The other stuff u mentioned is unsafe, and even i was upset they did that. I'm like u in 15 years ive not done that either. But i am curious to see just how the show is going to turn out in this new perspective.
ManQu

Portsmouth, UK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Feb 17, 2008
 

Judged:

1

Just one comment ,the speed that they travel is only 25kms on the ice so i figure "hit the cruise" and drive for the next 4 hours,can you do that without wanting a drink/food/piss ?
Remember its -40 F somedays,enough to snap it off.I wouldnt wanna pee out side in them temps,id use a bottle......
madhatter

Fort Huachuca, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
May 9, 2008
 

Judged:

1

Manqu, have you ever even driven a truck? Trucks don't cruise at 25 kms, and it is extremely unsafe to even use it on ice anyways. Only an idiot would cruise on ice. No, it is not like you can just drift off, and wake up from your daydream at the end of 4 hours. THese men have to pay close attention at all times, for fear of their life. And piss in a bottle? ONly if you can do that while driving your truck at a certain speed. If you stop in one place for even a moment, the ice has a tendency to fall out from under you. No, I would not stop at all.
ElectricFence

San Diego, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
May 10, 2008
 

Judged:

1

One season was enough any how. I got my fill. I did enjoy it but if I didnt drive I wouldnt have watched more than 3 or 4 shows. Still IceRoad Truckers is much better than Axmen (one show or less was enough of that) History Channel has gone down hill.
Driver

Yellowknife, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
May 11, 2008
 
The biggest reason for not getting involoved in the new season , is that, when the show aired, and it showed the truck going into the water, it caused havoc for the mines.The reason being is the insurance companies saw the liablility in this and rates went sky high.

As always, it comes down to money.
truck lover

Ellijay, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jun 8, 2008
 

Judged:

2

2

1

That's absurd. I disagree with the practices and principles of DeBeers and I'm Jewish. Don't be an idiot.
Paul wrote:
I loved the first season of ice road truckers and I was sadly disappointed when the second season was cancelled because the diamond mines have imposed strict rules and will NOT allow the truckers to be filmed. However I do not wish to hear one thing bad about the diamond mines. They are Jewish owned and operated. Anything said negatively about them would be reflect against the DeBeers family of Jewish diamond merchants based in South Africa. Sadly, that would be ANTI-SEMITIC.
Big SCott

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jun 8, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Paul wrote:
I loved the first season of ice road truckers and I was sadly disappointed when the second season was cancelled because the diamond mines have imposed strict rules and will NOT allow the truckers to be filmed. However I do not wish to hear one thing bad about the diamond mines. They are Jewish owned and operated. Anything said negatively about them would be reflect against the DeBeers family of Jewish diamond merchants based in South Africa. Sadly, that would be ANTI-SEMITIC.
That's perhaps the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Disagreeing with the practices of a company owned by a Jewish family is NOT anti-semitic. In fact it has absolutely nothing to do with them even BEING Jewish. Hating all Jews for being Jewish, on the other hand, is anti-semitic.
polk salit

Lompoc, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jun 8, 2008
 

Judged:

1

1

And dont forget, Jesus was jewish! so if your going to be anti-semitic, your going to have to be anti-christian too! as for me and my house we will serve the LORD! GOD bless all of you regardless of what you think! so anyway, back to trucking!!?
polk salit

Lompoc, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jun 9, 2008
 
I saw the new ICE ROAD TRUCKERS on Sunday,seams lick the same old show. I liked it though!Some people ready to work and some people sitting around whining about work! sound like alot of jobs and people I know.I want to be an ICE ROAD TRUCKER when I grow up!!? maby!!? but for now ,I think i'll just learn how to drive!
milster

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jun 24, 2008
 
I never miss the show. However, this season I am already tired of the camera showing the underside of the ice. I'd guess they showed that for effect, but it is getting old. Last Sunday it was shown maybe 20 times. They didn't do that last year, only on occasion. Enough already.
hffjkdsyt

Yellowknife, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Sep 10, 2009
 
wow

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of33
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Truckers Discussions

Search the Truckers Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Watch what you say on your DOT physical (May '08) 55 min John 175
NEVER work for WESTERN EXPRESS, INC.!!!! (Apr '12) Jul 11 Atlanta 153
Obama vows to act alone, taunts Republicans Jul 8 Amigo 4
US companies that hire Canadian Drivers (Sep '09) Jul 6 Mon 9
pros and cons of star transportation out of Nas... (Jan '09) Jul 1 Nu2Truckn 32
Mercedes engine (Nov '07) Jun 30 big ticket 21
U.S. senators, safety groups fight over truck d... Jun 22 barefoot2626 52
•••
•••