Watch what you say on your DOT physical

Posted in the Truckers Forum

Comments (Page 7)

Showing posts 121 - 140 of174
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
the great one

Charleston, WV

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#123
Oct 6, 2011
 
dpulse85135 wrote:
<quoted text> i agree night rider i drove for the same company for 23yrs they made DOT physical mandatoy i have taken epilepsy meds for 35yrs and was honest about it i failed the physical went to another DR left out meds passed pysical received card, boom knocked me down to loading trks out of town away from family different hrs caused epileptic problems i never had but couldnt be honest with DRs anymore this caused more problems now i am a mess living out of town busting my ass after having top senority, oh yea and the union i paid dues too for 23 yrs SORRY WE CANT HELP YOU
they shouldn't help you when you lie. i am not a doctor but i am a twenty five year trucking industry vet., been around the block a few times. First of all if you are a diabetic, a heart risk, a epileptic, one legged, one armed, blind in one eye, deaf or have any mental issues, you do not need to be behind a 80,000lb weapon that can kill more than yourself. if it was just your miserable life that was at risk who would ever care. Also we dont need any drunks or druggies out there either. i worked out in a rig for twenty five
tsuzyt

Granger, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#124
Nov 4, 2011
 
Can anyone tell me if VICTOZA is against DOT regulations? My husband was trying to get a job and the doctor refused to pass him for his DOT physical because he told her about his Vicotza that is a drug that helps diabetes type 2. It is not insullin but it is a shot type dispenser. CAN ANYONE PLEASE TELL ME HOW TO FIND OUT IF IT IS DOT APPROVED OR NOT?

“Trucking Is Not A Job-Its Life”

Since: Jun 07

Richmond / Colonial Heights,VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#125
Nov 4, 2011
 
he needs to apply for a waver from DOT. he should be able to get the the forms from any DMV.
Clint

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#126
Nov 6, 2011
 
I had a seizure and have to takE medicine I have to have my license suspended for 6 months will I be Able to get my cdl back if doc clears me??

“Trucking Is Not A Job-Its Life”

Since: Jun 07

Richmond / Colonial Heights,VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#127
Nov 7, 2011
 
That is going to be tough to answer when it comes to seisures. it used to be, you had to go a full year with out having a seizure. but I am not sure how that will come to play if they pass the new regulations.
Meme

Princeton, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#128
Nov 14, 2011
 
Active Care Chiropractic does DOT physicals for $50.00
futuretruckerchi c

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#129
Dec 1, 2011
 
About this dot thing! 1st and foremost. NO ONE not even the feds can get your medical records without your consent. Not some generalized consent. It has to be specific. Don't get me wrong, I love u all, but u guys r so comical at times. If u r on pain meds,severe diabetics (seizures,comas), sleep apnea(can't sleep AND drive, drunks, drug addicts, narcaleptic(spelled wrong) blood pressure( heart just might explode) bipolar( several crazy people living inside of you, no dear we don't want u driving NOTHING! Not even a big wheel let alone a big rig. Just do something else in logistics. Recruit. Manage freight.JUST DON'T DRIVE.PLEASE
futuretruckerchi c

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#130
Dec 1, 2011
 
Oops narcoleptics(hey I didn't win the spelling bee) can't sleep and drive. D O T isn't looking for birth control pills or asprin or the tums you took to relieve the gas from the bad burritos at the truck stop in texarkana They r looking for something that has the POTENTIAL to hurt or even kill driver and others. My dad was a trucker for 30 yrs and they get a bad rap a lot. The last thing that is needed in this already dying breed of REAL TRUCKERS is an influx of IMPAIRED drivers causing accidents. I don't mean to insult anyone. But THINK about how these things relate to driving.
robb

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#131
Dec 20, 2011
 
i understand what u saying my friend didnt get his dot medical card because he is a diabetic and the claim he is over weight and have arthrites. so he is now disquified from driving after 28 years. the i dot doc said it cannot be controlled but he isnt taking any shots for diebeties it is under controll and has been for years. they say you can only have 3 chronic conditions anything more than that you can not drive. any second opinions. union reps dont want to stand by and help so it has been a nightmare. help

Since: May 07

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#132
Dec 26, 2011
 
robb wrote:
i understand what u saying my friend didnt get his dot medical card because he is a diabetic and the claim he is over weight and have arthrites. so he is now disquified from driving after 28 years. the i dot doc said it cannot be controlled but he isnt taking any shots for diebeties it is under controll and has been for years. they say you can only have 3 chronic conditions anything more than that you can not drive. any second opinions. union reps dont want to stand by and help so it has been a nightmare. help
Let address a couple of these things for you okay! Some of them I think are out of line in the medical community.

1.The problem with the weight scale is this, I got up to 500 pounds after I messed my spine up. I lost 300 pounds and I am 200 pounds now I am 5foot 10 inchs tall, The national weight limit for me so I will not be over weight is (170 pounds) This is unreal. This changed around in the early 1980 back then I would be okay with my weight now. SO I have held this weight off for 7 years now and just can not get these last 30 pounds off.

2. Your friend being a Diabatic is a big concern for me because with the job I do now even people that just take pills and are still over weight tend to have problems, if you are driving and got into a coma or even get lite headed like I have seen they hit poles and other cars or even just pass out. So in saying this I ask you do you think your friend needs to be driving even if he has not had a problem in the past? If only takes one time for him to go into a diabatic coma while he is driving and kill himself or someone else.

3. Arthritis is not a big problem unless it is so chronic that it causes him major problems while moving and pain, A lot of people have Arthritis today. But if it causes him pain and limited movement then there is a problem with him being behind the wheel of a large truck. If he has to make a fast movement with his foot or arms or hands to turn the wheel and can not do it because of pain in the joints it could be the difference in a life and deaf matter. It does not matter if you tell your doctor these things anyway. Because these items will show up in your blood work.

Your union reps may not want to help because they know there is not much they can realy do at this point.

I did not want to give up my job also, I was making 50 to 60 thousand a year, But after messing up my spine I could not funtion like I use to and I knew that I could harm myself or someone on the open road. It has taken me 10 years and on going treatments to be almost like I used to be. I will never drive Big truck again but it was fun while it lasted and I drove for 25 years.
Spelling teacher

Herndon, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#133
Dec 28, 2011
 
Nightrider269 wrote:
Watch what you say dunning your next dot physical. I passed my physical, and the Doc asked what perception drugs I was taking. That's when my nightmare began. I have a perception for provagil. The Doc made me go for a sleep study, at my cost for a perception my personal doc gave me. Don't tell these dot doctor's anything other then name, number, and serial numbers. The DOT has a new deal, where if they choose, they can make you do a sleep test at your cost. I had to do one because I went in 8 years ago about my snoring, it woke my wife up. When our 14 year old dog walks to the front door, she wakes up. I'm just saying, watch what you tell these pricks. It only cost me $500 after 30 years of driving. Because I snore?
Please people-educate yourselves...The correct word is Prescription not perception...
warmbreeze

Savannah, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#134
Jan 30, 2012
 
Nightrider269 wrote:
Update, 4 weeks later, still no medical card. Why? This controlling woman still won't give me my medical card. Why? I don't have any idea. It probably cost me the job. Don't tell these DOT Doctors anything. They'll take things out of context and make your life hill. Just to let you know, I'm 6 ft tall, about 190 lbs, 53 years of age and in great shape. Don't tell these people sheet, some nut case is in control of your future. This is the same office that employees a Doc who fondled me 10 years ago. Yea, a man. So he liked my junk, should have filed a suit back then, but, hope he enjoyed.
You should have bent him over and gave him a taste of his own "medicine"
warmbreeze

Savannah, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#135
Jan 30, 2012
 
You should have bumped him in butt and gave him a taste of his own "medicine".
Ronny

Bellingham, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#136
Feb 16, 2012
 
I told a DOT Doc about being a disable Vet and after clearing me to drive, he called the company and advised them not to hire me. I took the company to court and won. now i dont talk at all when i go in only the basic info.
names depend on topic

Batesville, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#137
May 25, 2012
 
sTRANGER wrote:
Midnightrider, writing you the details of deliveries. there is always a chance of getting complication from any normal delivery. it is unfortunate that both babies got the cerebral palsy, but you can't just blame doctors. I am sure that doctor must have tried everything to save or prevent those problems. however, usually the cause for this kind of problem is the mother's anatomy - difficult to pass through type birth canal.
I am just a bit of an info nazi on this topic.

It IS doctors that cause a woman's anatomy to screw up during birth. Seriously.. lay on your back and try to go number 2. now numb yourself from the waist down and try to go number 2 while still laying on your back.

mother's anatomy is fine as long as she isnt micromanaged (how many truckers like being micromanaged?) and where would forced dispatch come in ???

the c section rate is higher than it should be (approx 40% without improving the neonatal mortality rate)
LoTLizardLOL

Panama City, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#138
Jun 3, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

^^ LOL

I'm trying to get my LoTLizard dot physical but JBHunt drivers make me go number2 and it affects my income should I advise the Dr.?(LOL)

Most of the post here were damn right laughable.
micmac

Garden Grove, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#139
Jun 25, 2012
 
Nightrider269 wrote:
Watch what you say dunning your next dot physical. I passed my physical, and the Doc asked what perception drugs I was taking. That's when my nightmare began. I have a perception for provagil. The Doc made me go for a sleep study, at my cost for a perception my personal doc gave me. Don't tell these dot doctor's anything other then name, number, and serial numbers. The DOT has a new deal, where if they choose, they can make you do a sleep test at your cost. I had to do one because I went in 8 years ago about my snoring, it woke my wife up. When our 14 year old dog walks to the front door, she wakes up. I'm just saying, watch what you tell these pricks. It only cost me $500 after 30 years of driving. Because I snore?
um do you know the difference between PRESCRIPTION (given form for medication)vs. PERCEPTION (opinion or point of view of a circumstance or situation by an entity)

Since: Jul 12

Dekalb, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#140
Jul 1, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Currently looking to get OUT of trucking for this and other reasons. Too much of a Pain In The Ass anymore. But doing it by choice while I still have one. Question is, if you are forced out because of a medical condition after YEARS of doing the job, and you're too young/broke to retire, what recourse do you have? This is an emotional, stress inducing issue for many of us. If you believe that you are your job, that who you are is what you do, what happens when you can no longer do that? Go hat in hand to the disability office for a check? To the unemployment office for job retraining? Based on the experiences of friends that tried that route, good luck with that. If you try to claim disability for a disqualifying medical condition, they'll likely tell you McDonalds is hiring, try there. Basically we made a bad career choice by not going to college to learn how to be an credentialed asshole.
Burned plum out

Charlotte, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#141
Aug 14, 2012
 
I am required to report to work (dispatch) at 10:00pm, monday thru fri. After arriving at 9:30pm, Finding a truck to drive, inspecting the tractor, finding a convertor dolly, inspecting the dolly, I arrive in dispatch at 10:00pm. In dispatch I wait for bills with trailers numbers and manifest numbers. This wait is up to two hours many times a week. The problem is that I can not log my self onduty with out the trailer and manifest numbers. So my 14hrs has not started on the e-logs. Even though I have been at work for 2 and a half hours. If I am required to report for work at 10:00pm shouldn't. I be onduty. Tell me your thoughts on this.

Since: Aug 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#142
Aug 17, 2012
 
Nightrider269 wrote:
Update, 4 weeks later, still no medical card. Why? This controlling woman still won't give me my medical card. Why? I don't have any idea. It probably cost me the job. Don't tell these DOT Doctors anything. They'll take things out of context and make your life hill. Just to let you know, I'm 6 ft tall, about 190 lbs, 53 years of age and in great shape. Don't tell these people sheet, some nut case is in control of your future. This is the same office that employees a Doc who fondled me 10 years ago. Yea, a man. So he liked my junk, should have filed a suit back then, but, hope he enjoyed.
Hey bud when you get a chance pm me on this Dr.issue. Thanks

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 121 - 140 of174
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

5 Users are viewing the Truckers Forum right now

Search the Truckers Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NEVER work for WESTERN EXPRESS, INC.!!!! (Apr '12) Jul 11 Atlanta 153
Obama vows to act alone, taunts Republicans Jul 8 Amigo 4
US companies that hire Canadian Drivers (Sep '09) Jul 6 Mon 9
pros and cons of star transportation out of Nas... (Jan '09) Jul 1 Nu2Truckn 32
Mercedes engine (Nov '07) Jun 30 big ticket 21
U.S. senators, safety groups fight over truck d... Jun 22 barefoot2626 52
First Express (Nashville Tn) (Jul '08) Jun 20 old newbie 3
•••
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••