Watch what you say on your DOT physical
rookie driver

Flint, MI

#83 Nov 25, 2010
yeah this is rediculous that doc must have a stick up his ass. lol
Brickman

Roanoke, VA

#84 Dec 3, 2010
I have to take a DOT physical next couple of days Ive been going to pain management for my back. Do I tell them about it or what? I currently take oxycodone and methadone for the pain

“Trucking Is Not A Job-Its Life”

Since: Jun 07

Richmond / Colonial Heights,VA

#85 Dec 3, 2010
As part of a D.O.T. physical there is this little part called the drug screen. so yeah, I'd tell them because they will find out any ways.

Since: May 07

Location hidden

#86 Dec 3, 2010
Brickman wrote:
I have to take a DOT physical next couple of days Ive been going to pain management for my back. Do I tell them about it or what? I currently take oxycodone and methadone for the pain
Are you kidding? If you dont tell them on your paper work as soon as you Pee in the cup and they do the dip with the drug stick it will change so fast you will think you ran through a one second green light....Come on man lets use your head here on this one!!!
Jim

Solon, OH

#87 Jan 21, 2011
Perception drugs? Come on man, prescription drugs. Anything you have said loses all credibility when you sound like that. Maybe the reason you haven't been issued a card is due to your shocking inability to communicate in a gramatically correct manner. Unbelievable.
DOT DR

Saint Louis, MO

#88 Apr 27, 2011
Nightrider269 wrote:
Watch what you say dunning your next dot physical. I passed my physical, and the Doc asked what perception drugs I was taking. That's when my nightmare began. I have a perception for provagil. The Doc made me go for a sleep study, at my cost for a perception my personal doc gave me. Don't tell these dot doctor's anything other then name, number, and serial numbers. The DOT has a new deal, where if they choose, they can make you do a sleep test at your cost. I had to do one because I went in 8 years ago about my snoring, it woke my wife up. When our 14 year old dog walks to the front door, she wakes up. I'm just saying, watch what you tell these pricks. It only cost me $500 after 30 years of driving. Because I snore?
Clearly you are not a very educated person. Would you mean DURING your DOT physical? Would you mean PRESCRIPTION? I don't know of any doctors, pricks or not, that give PERCEPTIONS for drugs. It's the job of us pricks to keep idiots like you off the road to keep the public safe.
Midnightrider

Geneva, IL

#89 Apr 27, 2011
DOT DR-you quack! Calling a DOT DR a quack is an insult to quacks!
truckergirl

Cranston, RI

#90 May 4, 2011
my friend has been driving for 20 yrs. He has dot physical and will not be able to pass eye exam just started going blind in left eye. Where does he go from here, can he collect unemplyment?
Coal Train

United States

#91 May 4, 2011
truckergirl wrote:
my friend has been driving for 20 yrs. He has dot physical and will not be able to pass eye exam just started going blind in left eye. Where does he go from here, can he collect unemplyment?
Have him try to pass. If he has to quit driving, it would depend if he is an EMPLOYEE or if he is a CONTRACTOR. Contractors usually can not get unemployment.
truckergirl

Cranston, RI

#92 May 5, 2011
He is an employee and in a union. He passed last time memorizing chart but office moved and chart may be different so he is not sure what to do. Was hoping he could collect unemployment at least till we figure out if he can get disability or perhaps training for a job that he can have with only one eye. very stressing
Ed Marshall

Palm Springs, CA

#93 May 27, 2011
firts time trying to get my cdl license.. do the doctor check you below the waist?
Ed Marshall

Palm Springs, CA

#94 May 27, 2011
do the doctor check you under the waist?

“Trucking Is Not A Job-Its Life”

Since: Jun 07

Richmond / Colonial Heights,VA

#95 May 28, 2011
Ed Marshall wrote:
do the doctor check you under the waist?
It depends if the DR.does everything he/she is suspose to do. but hernia checks are part of a standard D.O.T. physical.
TIGGER

Little Rock, AR

#96 May 28, 2011
Nightrider269 wrote:
Watch what you say dunning your next dot physical. I passed my physical, and the Doc asked what perception drugs I was taking. That's when my nightmare began. I have a perception for provagil. The Doc made me go for a sleep study, at my cost for a perception my personal doc gave me. Don't tell these dot doctor's anything other then name, number, and serial numbers. The DOT has a new deal, where if they choose, they can make you do a sleep test at your cost. I had to do one because I went in 8 years ago about my snoring, it woke my wife up. When our 14 year old dog walks to the front door, she wakes up. I'm just saying, watch what you tell these pricks. It only cost me $500 after 30 years of driving. Because I snore?
I agree don't tell them anmore than you have to.I have a thyroid problem and will see my doctor June 6th for it hopefully it won't call for surgery,meds are fine I'll just show my perscription bottle for the pp test.I'm due to go back driving truck by the end of July.Should I also have a document from my doctor to show them at the physical?
TIGGER

Little Rock, AR

#97 May 28, 2011
I have a swollen thyroid and will be seeing my doctor for it June 6th.I'm hoping it won't call for surgery.I know either way I'll be put on medication for it.I'm looking to get back behind the wheel of a big truck again by the end of July.I know you have to watch closely of what you say at your dot physical.My question is that if it calls for surgery and meds,or just be put on meds for it should I have my perscription bottle and a document from my doctor to show them at my physical?I'm thinking yes I should because of the drug test part.I just hope like hell it won't fail me,I want to pass for 2 yrs real bad.
Thomas L

Austin, TX

#98 Jun 5, 2011
The dr. told me when I took my physical, in spite of everything being good (blood pressure, vision, etc.) that she could not give me a card because I am fat (265) and apparently fat people are prone to bouts of narcolepsy. That is f-ing insane. I am 6'3" tall and she told me that I need to weigh 186 or less to be considered "normal weight". I used to run marathons and I weighed 220; I will never weigh 186!! And I do not have a problem with falling asleep for no reason at all! I think it is ridiculous for a doctor to dignose an illness in the absence of any symptoms. She asked me if, at the end of the day, if I lie down, do I fall asleep. Of course, that is the idea.... So, she decided that I was norcoleptic because I am not anorexic.... ABSURD Gov't regulation!!
Thomas L

Austin, TX

#99 Jun 5, 2011
diagnose...oops!

“Trucking Is Not A Job-Its Life”

Since: Jun 07

Richmond / Colonial Heights,VA

#100 Jun 5, 2011
Thomas L wrote:
The dr. told me when I took my physical, in spite of everything being good (blood pressure, vision, etc.) that she could not give me a card because I am fat (265) and apparently fat people are prone to bouts of narcolepsy. That is f-ing insane. I am 6'3" tall and she told me that I need to weigh 186 or less to be considered "normal weight". I used to run marathons and I weighed 220; I will never weigh 186!! And I do not have a problem with falling asleep for no reason at all! I think it is ridiculous for a doctor to dignose an illness in the absence of any symptoms. She asked me if, at the end of the day, if I lie down, do I fall asleep. Of course, that is the idea.... So, she decided that I was norcoleptic because I am not anorexic.... ABSURD Gov't regulation!!
something is way wrong with that I am 6'2" and weigh 305 and I've never ever heard of someone being told that. and hell I just renewed My medical card for 2 years at the end of MAY.
Thomas L

Austin, TX

#101 Jun 5, 2011
Long Haul Driver wrote:
<quoted text>
something is way wrong with that I am 6'2" and weigh 305 and I've never ever heard of someone being told that. and hell I just renewed My medical card for 2 years at the end of MAY.
Our company has had several problems with that same thing since they got this new Dr. at Concentra. I've never had a problem before and I haven't changed any in the last 2 years. I think I'm going to find another place and just pay for it myself. It was the most bizarre thing that I have ever heard of.
Thomas L

Austin, TX

#102 Jun 5, 2011
I think she just doesn't like big boys. She thinks she is saving the world from fat folks!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Truckers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trucker Chatroom (Apr '08) Thu amy 14
pros and cons of star transportation out of Nas... (Jan '09) May 24 martijacobs 42
US companies that hire Canadian Drivers (Sep '09) Apr 28 Jerry 19
New owner operator transportation Insurance cov... Apr '16 AnthonyG13 10
Can you make good money trucking? (Mar '11) Mar '16 Jeff Bayless 25
News Georgia Views Mar '16 Prep-for-Dep 3
News Distracted Truck Drivers Continue to Cause Acci... Mar '16 Michael Bernard H... 1
More from around the web