Western Express for Veterans.

Western Express for Veterans.

Posted in the Truckers Forum

JUMP MASTER

United States

#1 May 17, 2014
I am trying to get my service connected disability. Western Express hires anyone breathing or able to fake it. Many Veterans like myself are being screwed over by missing our VA Appts. If you miss them now your put on the no show list. Forget getting an appt with-in a year. So how does this play into Western Express as driving for WE you will be screwed over in many ways. One your loads are late from the get go. WE has a bad habit of getting tarriffs and putting them in que that they can't cover. The Flatbed Division is the better side of WE the Van side is horrible. I have over 30 yrs experience driving OTR. And Dedicated. In the last 6 months of driving and 6 weeks out because WE is nortorious for keeping you sitting over the weekends. Holidays. I made a whopping 7000.00 to date. Yes I have a 2014 auto shiffter tractor. But guess what nothing works, the radio is out of service. I have brokedown for 5 days NO BREAKDOWN PAY!!! LOUSY DIRTY MOTEL ROOM NASTY NASTY NASTY!!! The worse is when I get to a shipper they growl and say I'm late.. treat me like pond scum. I got the load preassign got there as fast as I could. And I get the blame. No atta boys nice job from Driver Managers. Your nothing to Western Express on the Van side. And get this if you are invollved in an accident and YOUR NOT AT FAULT??? WE STILL CHARGES YIU $500.00 FOR INCIDENTALS!!! Even if the other driver was cited and not you!!! Thats how hard up this company is. You have a $500.00 deductible on everything including tires and they deduct out of yiur pay. Userary charges for quailcomm, navigator, email and cargo damage. Your pay check shrinks like crazy. Now one thing if you can roll with the punches as some can you may see WE is okay for you. Brand new equipment autoshifters 12 sppeds. Volvo cascadias. Thats the best deal. Move 45000 like nothing. But the trailers are awful. Beat to heck. Drivers here are inexperienced and most are awful drivers. Unsafe and unhireable. This brings out the why of coming to drive for Western Express. You are working for a company thats black listed by reputable companies!!! YOU WON'T MOVE UP TO A BETTER COMPANY!!! I found out the hard way.. plus when you leave WE guess what your DAC will be filled with crap. Plus ABANDAMENT OF UNIT??? if you leave with out a 2 week notice and wait 2 months to get you into THE TERMINAL WHICH THE UNIT IS ASSIGNED TO??? NOT YOU THE UNIT?? AND GET OUT IN ANOTHER TERMINAL LIKE YOUR HOME TERMINAL?? YOU GET ABANDONMENT!!! MAKE SURE YOU KNOW WHERE YOUR UNIT IS ASSIGNNED TO!!! Now get back to us combat wonded veterans. Your not important.. make no mistake WE agenda is WE.. Not You.. they should not get the tax write off and I am going to make sure the Government knows about this. Second your going to see US Marshals and State Police working at WE. The Orientation Instructor is a US Marshal. He knows his stuff, but when you leave Orientation that all ends. You will be asked to do illegal stuff. So its up to date that WE is trying to be better. I will say that. BUT... they don't care about their drivers most are undersirables anyway. Unhirable and high risk. You fall under that prenotion to everyone who sees you behind the wheel.. up to you but friends don't let Friends drive for Western Express. Nor does Veterans.. Blessings you have the intel.. Rodger That.. over and out.. returning to base...
JUMP MASTER

United States

#2 May 17, 2014
One more thing... about Western Express... they are for undesirable misfits that 98 percent of companies will not hire.. even working here for 2 years.. theres no stepping up.. its stuck in the grind.. your stuck here.. WE likes that as many quit stay out a month or so and COME BACK... Cuz no one will hire them... YOU are a misfit.... may as well be a walking zombie. You'll be hired.. Do what WE wants and you will be rewarded with low pay.. no thank yous. And best if all theres 50 wanna bes waiting for your seat and wheel. And WE knows that all to well. Your sick at home and your rig is at the truckstop near your home... nope its down the road some new driver was bussed to your rig.. you get abandoment on your DAC.. plain n simple.. The tragic stories I have heard will curl the back of your neck hairs.. Indeed rates WE with 3 stars... WTF.. ohhhh guess what WE posts goid stuff.. yup... WE has their two cents online as drivers. Yes some have been here quite a few years... thats to be expected.. but they don't know how green it is elsewhere.. why change anything is their moto.. I need big bucks for such a dangerous and high tech job. You better know how to use a computer at higher then bssic skills. Its not all that simple. Next the fines fir beingba trucker are high. 2, 750.00 for a hand held eletronic device.. oh please go to Western Express Orientation.. the US Marshal who conducts the classes.. is awesome he's a wealth of knoweledge. Tap his brain. Then get on a bus to a good compsny orientation.. he should do classses on you tube and have a fee. Hes that good. I know I used to be in law enforcement myself. I have iver 30 years and trained over 150 students. Peace be with you.. save up for your fines and 500.00 deductable because once you enter your unit after orientation guess what your entered the dark side of trucking..... ha ha haaaaaaa haaa the joke is on you... your indespensible...
JUMP MASTER

United States

#3 May 17, 2014
I have never once shouted nor dissed my DM. I have bent over backwards getting it up the dark side. Stretched out myslf and done things I would never be asked tondo at a reputable company... guess what... nada.. response from my DM.. He hates me calling.. he hates my guts.. and I have to keep on marching or I will be unemployed. WE will black list me.. yes WE blacklists.. why other companies pay attention to such hyped information is beyond me. But im stuck.. I know it.. please don't get caught drivibg for Western Express.. seriously you will suffer.. no joking..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Truckers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Western Express "Tried" To Rob Me Aug 14 olmec9 1
Watch what you say on your DOT physical (May '08) Aug 13 jacjal0120 188
Can you make good money trucking? (Mar '11) Aug 9 Dogrot 26
TTP-Diesel Power & Machine (Pierceton IN) (May '07) Aug 8 Chuck 3
New owner operator transportation Insurance cov... Aug 7 Alpha422 13
why truck drivers are so fat and lazy? (Aug '11) Jul 25 Trucker84 18
What is a chargeable accident? (Dec '07) Jul '16 frustrated 19
More from around the web