House hearing on new HOS - contentious;' trucking, Congressmen question common sense of rule

There are 1 comment on the Trucker story from Jun 19, 2013, titled House hearing on new HOS - contentious;' trucking, Congressmen question common sense of rule. In it, Trucker reports that:

Thirty months after the notice of proposed rulemaking was issued, 18 months after the Final Rule was issued and two weeks before the compliance date for two new key and controversial provisions, the House Subcommittee on Highways and Transit of the Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure gathered together six Hours of Service stakeholders in ... (more)

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Trucker.

Anonymous

Largo, FL

#1 Jun 19, 2013
MY Name is Tim Harris.AND My comment is that the GOVERNMENT NEED TO But out of the trucking industry business and stay.and let the trucking industry run its own affairs.AND as far as the hours of service I THINK THAT SHOULD BE STRICTLY LEFT UP TO THE DRIVER.IDrove for the best company in the world for 39 1/2Years and we did not use log books or computers in any of our trucks and did not have anykind of tracking devices in our trucks.all we used was a trip sheet that said From and to AND THE TIME OF arival.But my comment is that it should be up to the driver how long he or she can sit behind the wheel.But if a driver feels tired he should stop and rest.so throw the hours of service out the window.when I was younger and was driving I Would leave Chicago Deliver in NEW YORK.UNLOAD THERE AND RELOAD FOR California and drive strait threw with no sleep.AND MY Company didn't give a shit what the GOVERNMENT SAID OR did.The owner didn't even care about the DOT.SO This is how the trucking industry needs to do. This is The way The Trucking Industry needs to do F THE Government AND The DO.IS MAKE ITS OWN RULES.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Truckers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Trucker accused of revenge against high-beam dr... (Dec '06) May 20 Mjdksmshdj 16
Trucker Chatroom (Apr '08) May 20 jeffrey 9
News Body of Missing SIUE Student Found May 18 Mindy 44
DOT and its stupid regulations. (Apr '13) May 8 albertleaminnesota 5
News Trucking industry faces shortage, Hawkeye CC st... (Oct '12) May 5 expensive 5
Trucking companies that hire felons Apr 29 Takyla 2
pros and cons of star transportation out of Nas... (Jan '09) Apr 24 Copperhead 37
More from around the web