"where the hell is the fuel surcharge going to?"

Posted in the Truckers Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
onepissedofftruc ker

AOL

#1 Mar 30, 2008
IF IT WASN'T ALREADY BAD ENOUGH BEFORE THE FUEL PRICE CRISIS MANY MOTOR CARRIERS AND THEIR FREIGHT AGENCIES FIX THE BILLS OF LADEN TO READ WHAT THEY WANT BEFORE THEY PAY OUR PERCENTAGE OFF THE TOP OF THE GROSS REVENUE.

THEY NOW HAVE TURNED THIS DIESEL FUEL SURCHARGE INTO A WIN-FALL PROFIT CENTER TO STEAL THE MAJORITY OF THE SURCHARGES FROM THE OWNER/OPERATOR TRUCKER. BY DOING THIS THEY ROB THE AMERICAN PUBLIC OUT OF THIS VERY SAME FUEL SURCHARGE $$$$ PAID BY THE CONSUMER EACH DAY AT THE RETAIL STORES.

THE MAJORITY OF THIS INDUSTRY IS DOING THE SAME THING FROM THE STEAMSHIP LINES WITH THEIR DOOR-TO-DOOR SHIPPING RATES TO THE FREIGHT AGENCY.
(UNDER THE FEDERAL MARITINE COMMISSION THEY ENJOY ANTITRUST IMUNITY).

THAT'S RIGHT THE OCEAN CARRIERS CAN LEGALLY PRICE FIX, UNLIKE OWNER/OPERATOR TRUCKERS WHO CAN'T EVEN JOIN TOGETHER TO COLLECTIVLY BARGAIN,WITHOUT FACING PENALTIES UNDER THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION'S ANTI-TRUST LAWS.

THE OCEAN CARRIERS CAN MEET AND DISCUSS RATES AND HOW MUCH THEY CAN STEAL FROM SURCHARGES WHILE PRICE FIXING HIGHWAY FREIGHT RATES.
SO IT SEEMS MOST EVERYONE IN THIS TRANSPORTATION INDUSTRY WHO IS COLLECTING CUSTOMER FUEL SURCHARGES IS UP TO THEIR EYEBALLS INTO STEALING THE DIESEL FUEL SURCHARGES.

THEY NOT ONLY STEAL THIS MONEY FROM YOU AND I BUT FROM EVERY ELDERLY AMERICAN ON FIXED INCOME TO THE FAMILES THAT HAVE TO BY MILK FOR THEIR CHILDREN.

THE NATIONAL MEDIA IS MISSING THE BIG PICTURE HERE, THESE PEOPLE SHOULD BE PROSECUTED FOR FRAUD , AND THEFT BY DECEPTION FOR MIS-REPRESENTATION OF WHAT THIS MONEY WAS INTENDED TO BE COLLECTED FOR IN THE FIRST PLACE?

THEY HAVE TURNED THE AMERICAN PUBLIC AND THE OWNER/OPERATOR TRUCKER INTO THEIR OWN PERSONAL ROLLING ATM MACHINE WHEREBY THEY CAN MAKE WEEKLY DEDUCTIONS AND NEVER PAY IT BACK.

LAST WEEK A TRUCKING AGENT IN CHARLESTON,SC PISSED OFF BECAUSE ANGRY DRIVERS DEMANDED TO RECIEVE MORE OF THE CUSTOMERS SURCHARGE WERE TOLD JUST PULL THEIR PLACARDS IF THEY DON'T LIKE IT. HE TOLD THE TRUCKERS WORKERS FOR HIM THERE IS NO FEDERAL LAW (THANKS TO THE AMERICAN TRUCKING ASSOCIATIONS LOBBYING EFFORTS FOR THEIR MEMBERSHIP)SAYING I HAVE TO PASS ANY OF IT DOWN TO YOU AND I HOPE THE DIESEL GOES TO $8:00 A GALLON SO I CAN COLLECT EVEN MORE!!
HE NOW PAYS HIS OWNER/OPERATORS 18% WHILE COLLECTING 38%.WHAT A GREAT GUY,A TRUE EXAMPLE OF CORPORATE GREED.

MAYBE CONGRESS WILL WAKE UP IF THE MEDIA EVER DECIDES TO PRINT THE REAL STORY "WHERE THE HELL IS THE FUEL SURCHARGE MONEY REALLY GOING"
WE DON'T THINK WITH FAMILIES SUFFERING IN AMERICA TODAY THE PUBLIC WILL TAKE TO KINDLY TO ANY OF THESE PEOPLE USING THIS MONEY TO LINE THEIR POCKETS LIKE THEY ARE DOING SO WITH IT NOW! CHECK OUT THIS TRUCKER SITE; www.porttrucker.com

“"NOBODY GETS OUT ALIVE"”

Since: Mar 08

THE Q

#2 Mar 30, 2008
Well, After all we've been through, after all these years of just getting by, why is this just coming to light and being talked about. I've been asking that question for years, nobody seemed to know. The other question is rates. I grown so tired of hearing "DON'T HAUL CHEAP FREIGHT" where the hell is the $$$$$ freight. It doesn't exist. For many O/O either your leased to a company thats raping you or contracting with brokers that are raping you.
A small % of O/O have found the sweet spot and have one on one accounts with companies but most of us don't have big bank accounts to wait for the ridiculous pay out times, and don't get me going on freight factoring. I'm not totally up on that, but have heard some horror stories, but some thing stinks there too.

Just some late night rambling, drop here in MS 1000 mi. to MI. drop the rest, Haul Azz home, DH 165mi. SHUTTING DOWN HOPE LIKE HELL WE GOT BIG NUMBERS....I JUST CAN'T IMAGINE NOT! GOOD LUCK ALL, BE COOL, BE PRO, LETS BE AMERICAN PROUD...10-4...
freight309

AOL

#3 Mar 30, 2008
Seems like these driver actions are going to be big where you are at.
We understand the loggers in Georgia are starting to park their trucks on tuesday the 1st, and the marjority of container haulers everywhere are parking starting on the third according to news we are reading, and what we hear from them.
There is now a few news reporters investigating the fleecing of America angle of the fuel surcharges where we are at.
They are calling truckers asking about it and how much surcharge do they actually recieve. They are also asking do they really know when told by the company what the company claims is the true percentage they collect.
We think these questions are going to lead to more tougher questions on this subject when they see the reaction from their viewing media audiance.
People are angry everywhere over the price hikes at the grocery store, the retail stores, and then to find out that very little of this money is making it to what it's being collected for.
There is a story comming out on this in a major newspaper according to some of the truckers in South Carolina who were interviewed yesterday.
It's going to get interesting to see how the transportation community responds to these charges of redirecting the fuel surcharges collected from the public without getting egg all over their face.
Short Circut-PtownVa

AOL

#4 Mar 30, 2008
I think every driver needs to park his or her truck, company drivers as well to show the Transportation Industry , it is time for a change. We are not 2nd class citizens and we deserve to be paid and treated better.The cost of living has more than doubled but not the incomes of the people who struggle to move the Nations freight and other commidities
otis

United States

#5 Apr 4, 2008
onepissedofftrucker wrote:
IF IT WASN'T ALREADY BAD ENOUGH BEFORE THE FUEL PRICE CRISIS MANY MOTOR CARRIERS AND THEIR FREIGHT AGENCIES FIX THE BILLS OF LADEN TO READ WHAT THEY WANT BEFORE THEY PAY OUR PERCENTAGE OFF THE TOP OF THE GROSS REVENUE.
THEY NOW HAVE TURNED THIS DIESEL FUEL SURCHARGE INTO A WIN-FALL PROFIT CENTER TO STEAL THE MAJORITY OF THE SURCHARGES FROM THE OWNER/OPERATOR TRUCKER. BY DOING THIS THEY ROB THE AMERICAN PUBLIC OUT OF THIS VERY SAME FUEL SURCHARGE $$$$ PAID BY THE CONSUMER EACH DAY AT THE RETAIL STORES.
THE MAJORITY OF THIS INDUSTRY IS DOING THE SAME THING FROM THE STEAMSHIP LINES WITH THEIR DOOR-TO-DOOR SHIPPING RATES TO THE FREIGHT AGENCY.
(UNDER THE FEDERAL MARITINE COMMISSION THEY ENJOY ANTITRUST IMUNITY).
THAT'S RIGHT THE OCEAN CARRIERS CAN LEGALLY PRICE FIX, UNLIKE OWNER/OPERATOR TRUCKERS WHO CAN'T EVEN JOIN TOGETHER TO COLLECTIVLY BARGAIN,WITHOUT FACING PENALTIES UNDER THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION'S ANTI-TRUST LAWS.
THE OCEAN CARRIERS CAN MEET AND DISCUSS RATES AND HOW MUCH THEY CAN STEAL FROM SURCHARGES WHILE PRICE FIXING HIGHWAY FREIGHT RATES.
SO IT SEEMS MOST EVERYONE IN THIS TRANSPORTATION INDUSTRY WHO IS COLLECTING CUSTOMER FUEL SURCHARGES IS UP TO THEIR EYEBALLS INTO STEALING THE DIESEL FUEL SURCHARGES.
THEY NOT ONLY STEAL THIS MONEY FROM YOU AND I BUT FROM EVERY ELDERLY AMERICAN ON FIXED INCOME TO THE FAMILES THAT HAVE TO BY MILK FOR THEIR CHILDREN.
THE NATIONAL MEDIA IS MISSING THE BIG PICTURE HERE, THESE PEOPLE SHOULD BE PROSECUTED FOR FRAUD , AND THEFT BY DECEPTION FOR MIS-REPRESENTATION OF WHAT THIS MONEY WAS INTENDED TO BE COLLECTED FOR IN THE FIRST PLACE?
THEY HAVE TURNED THE AMERICAN PUBLIC AND THE OWNER/OPERATOR TRUCKER INTO THEIR OWN PERSONAL ROLLING ATM MACHINE WHEREBY THEY CAN MAKE WEEKLY DEDUCTIONS AND NEVER PAY IT BACK.
LAST WEEK A TRUCKING AGENT IN CHARLESTON,SC PISSED OFF BECAUSE ANGRY DRIVERS DEMANDED TO RECIEVE MORE OF THE CUSTOMERS SURCHARGE WERE TOLD JUST PULL THEIR PLACARDS IF THEY DON'T LIKE IT. HE TOLD THE TRUCKERS WORKERS FOR HIM THERE IS NO FEDERAL LAW (THANKS TO THE AMERICAN TRUCKING ASSOCIATIONS LOBBYING EFFORTS FOR THEIR MEMBERSHIP)SAYING I HAVE TO PASS ANY OF IT DOWN TO YOU AND I HOPE THE DIESEL GOES TO $8:00 A GALLON SO I CAN COLLECT EVEN MORE!!
HE NOW PAYS HIS OWNER/OPERATORS 18% WHILE COLLECTING 38%.WHAT A GREAT GUY,A TRUE EXAMPLE OF CORPORATE GREED.
MAYBE CONGRESS WILL WAKE UP IF THE MEDIA EVER DECIDES TO PRINT THE REAL STORY "WHERE THE HELL IS THE FUEL SURCHARGE MONEY REALLY GOING"
WE DON'T THINK WITH FAMILIES SUFFERING IN AMERICA TODAY THE PUBLIC WILL TAKE TO KINDLY TO ANY OF THESE PEOPLE USING THIS MONEY TO LINE THEIR POCKETS LIKE THEY ARE DOING SO WITH IT NOW! CHECK OUT THIS TRUCKER SITE; www.porttrucker.com
You need to look for a new co, to work for!!!!!!!!!!

“"NOBODY GETS OUT ALIVE"”

Since: Mar 08

THE Q

#6 Apr 4, 2008
WE'ER ALL DOOMED

“"NOBODY GETS OUT ALIVE"”

Since: Mar 08

THE Q

#8 Apr 25, 2008
big daddy broker wrote:
I hear everybody crying about rates and fuel, but why dont you park em as you always threaten. Its because you cant make more money doing anything else, so your choice is this. Keep on trucking and thank your brokers for the business, or park your truck and get a job making less money in a factory. Its not like all the truckers out there were attorneys before they went to driving a truck. You became a trucker because it takes you to the top of your potential in salary. Shit talking the broker is all you guys do. We pay for the sales effort, we entertain the shipper, we have all the upfront money for paying the trucker and our offices, we advance and pay comcheck fees. I believe we should open the doors for Mexico to flood our roads with hard working Mexicans that can appreciate a good job when they see it. Those guys wouldnt bitch and say they were owed something, they would say thanks you for the business, because like it or not, as far as you are concerned I am your customer. And if I dont like the service I am getting I will take my business elsewhere. NOW, get back to work before I fire you.
Fatass Daddy Broker, Its Dicks like you that have raped this industry, obviously you spend to much time wining and dining the other fatass, you fail to realize you greedy shitstains are bringing this country to melt down mode, it not just the O/O your putting the shaft to its the whole nation, you are a pathetic waste of space, your comments tell the type you are, they just confirm the Scumbag world of BROKERS....
TRUCKER

Walnut Grove, CA

#9 Apr 25, 2008
FUEL SURCHARGE BILL STARTED ,BACK IT UP TRUCKERS----------BILL SEEKS TO END FUEL SURCHARGE SKIMMING BY BROKERS!!!!! APRIL 24 OOIDA---------LAND LINE MAGAZINE -----YOU ALL TALK THE TALK ----------NOW WALK THE WALK-OR BEND OVER AND SMILE.

“"NOBODY GETS OUT ALIVE"”

Since: Mar 08

THE Q

#10 Apr 25, 2008
GET ON THIS NOW!!!!YOU ALL BITCH YOU CAN'T MAKE A DEFFERANCE, YOU CAN, MAKE A PHONE CALL TO YOUR STATE REPS. NUMBERS ARE ALL OVER THE PLACE...FLOOD THE LINES DON'T JUST SIT THERE DO SOMETHING! YOU CAN MAKE THIS HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!
Bill D

Ponca City, OK

#11 Apr 28, 2008
Im not a truck driver, but a family man working just like any other tax paying american. I am sick of the oils companies screwing the american people. I hope and pray that the truckers will shut down and make people see what the people are sick of.
b61mack

Florence, SC

#12 May 26, 2008
Big Daddy broker will be cleaning out the public pickle park toilets soon if truckers can get legislation passed to look see at how much money is being stolen from everyone including the customer who thinks most money actually makes it to who does the work! You guys are doing a great job done there in Georgia exposing the crooks in this business at the ports. What does one have to do to join your IODA association @ www.porttruckersunite.com anyway?
big daddy broker

Pfafftown, NC

#13 Jun 22, 2008
I pay all of any FSC back to the carrier. This has zero effect on me. You have to see that this is the worst use of you time. Brokers will only restructure the way they bill customers so you dont get to see. If you get 500 on a load you will get 500 on the load. Fuel will simply be broken out differently. YOu will never be able to look at our books unless we are publicly traded, so really you will never get to see what we really make on loads. As a matter of fact, I am pushing a new bill that would call driving a truck "skilled Labor" which would allow foreigners to come into our country as long as they had driven a truck before. The European boys speak great english and would appreciate the job. So keep it up and I will see you out digging ditches, because the mexican thats doing it now will be driving your truck, and he will be thankful he aint bustin his behind digging. But you wont have to take my cheap rates. You win right!!!! Just say thanks to your brokers for keeping your sorry behinds in business.
Joe

United States

#14 Jun 4, 2009
I am driving a truck, I would not consider myself a truck driver, because I have not done it that long and will not be doing it that long, but I have found away to change the industry, I am working on my degree in business science while driving over the road, this is my first chance of being an owner operator.
I have had a really terrible adventure doing this. I am going to start an organization for truckers that will make little profit and benefit independent truckers. I am keeping this a sole proprietorship. I will have to find the capital first so I hope when I do, I can help alot more people out. my email is iamneal at your one and only yahoo if you want to find more, I am not asking for money, but I mayhave to ask to get this started, I believe it would only cost about 250,000 to get started. good luck to all the drivers out there.
Former Trucker

Wetumpka, AL

#15 Dec 3, 2010
I think you are the biggest piece of crap I have evere had the missfortune of running across! You rant about how you have upfront expenses, BULL!!!! You are a liar and a cheat! You make a few phonecalls and act like you did something. Meanwhile the trucker takes all the risk! I did park my truck mostley because of stupid people like you!
pitbull

Lithonia, GA

#16 Apr 8, 2011
big daddy broker wrote:
I pay all of any FSC back to the carrier. This has zero effect on me. You have to see that this is the worst use of you time. Brokers will only restructure the way they bill customers so you dont get to see. If you get 500 on a load you will get 500 on the load. Fuel will simply be broken out differently. YOu will never be able to look at our books unless we are publicly traded, so really you will never get to see what we really make on loads. As a matter of fact, I am pushing a new bill that would call driving a truck "skilled Labor" which would allow foreigners to come into our country as long as they had driven a truck before. The European boys speak great english and would appreciate the job. So keep it up and I will see you out digging ditches, because the mexican thats doing it now will be driving your truck, and he will be thankful he aint bustin his behind digging. But you wont have to take my cheap rates. You win right!!!! Just say thanks to your brokers for keeping your sorry behinds in business.
you should be taken out , tied upside down nude hanging from fuel island at truck stop, hosed down with diesel, and raped by big BUBBA and a gang of illegal day workers.
Midnightrider

Elgin, IL

#17 Apr 13, 2011
http://www.joc.com/trucking/brandt-truck-line... Another company out of business due to the recent increase in fuel prices.
chris watson

Richmond, VA

#18 Feb 20, 2012
pitbull wrote:
<quoted text>
you should be taken out , tied upside down nude hanging from fuel island at truck stop, hosed down with diesel, and raped by big BUBBA and a gang of illegal day workers.
you son of bitchs are nothing but thieves!!! You brokers should be thanking us because if it were'nt for us sorry ass truckers you mf'ers wouldn't have a job!!!!!!!!
chris watson

Richmond, VA

#19 Feb 20, 2012
You brokers are nothing but theives!!! You son of bitches should be thanking us sorry ass truck drivers because without us you mf'ers wouldn't have a job!!!!!

“Life is just a Moment, njoy it”

Since: Jan 07

Nekoosa, Wisconsin

#20 Feb 21, 2012
big daddy broker wrote:
I hear everybody crying about rates and fuel, but why dont you park em as you always threaten. Its because you cant make more money doing anything else, so your choice is this. Keep on trucking and thank your brokers for the business, or park your truck and get a job making less money in a factory. Its not like all the truckers out there were attorneys before they went to driving a truck. You became a trucker because it takes you to the top of your potential in salary. Shit talking the broker is all you guys do. We pay for the sales effort, we entertain the shipper, we have all the upfront money for paying the trucker and our offices, we advance and pay comcheck fees. I believe we should open the doors for Mexico to flood our roads with hard working Mexicans that can appreciate a good job when they see it. Those guys wouldnt bitch and say they were owed something, they would say thanks you for the business, because like it or not, as far as you are concerned I am your customer. And if I dont like the service I am getting I will take my business elsewhere. NOW, get back to work before I fire you.
I wonder how everyone feels today? Don't see too many tough guys anymore.

“Life is just a Moment, njoy it”

Since: Jan 07

Nekoosa, Wisconsin

#21 Mar 6, 2012
They never say we'll pay you $2.60 a mile plus surcharge; Instead they steal it for themselves and pay you $1.06 plus surcharge????

They get away with it because drivers go out and purchase trucks 1st without making a deal 1st.

What the hell do these guys think they're gonna do with a frickin truck and no freight?
If you don't own any freight why the hell would you buy a truck??
To hall someone elses freight?

Drivers need to go to these companies and make deals, look I'll supply the truck but you must give me a contract to hall 5million dollars worth of freight over the next 6years, loading & unloading fees, we split.
My authority, my plates, we split the heavy road tax.
My trailer, your trailer? Let's make a deal!!!!

Why is this so hard?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Truckers Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
tax prep 20 hr tarzan58 1
NEVER work for WESTERN EXPRESS, INC.!!!! (Apr '12) Feb 27 Tamela Lynn 174
Can you make good money trucking? (Mar '11) Feb 20 Cletebob Mahoney 23
Volvo Trucks Honors 2014 Safety Award Winners Feb 3 dot 1
Ford Chicago assembly plant,shipers asking the ... (May '14) Feb 2 tom 3
Watch what you say on your DOT physical (May '08) Jan '15 Pam 177
US companies that hire Canadian Drivers (Sep '09) Jan '15 DoubleDutch 11
More from around the web