Carnival Cruise Lines cancels on-shor...

Carnival Cruise Lines cancels on-shore tour after mass robbery near Puerto Vallarta, Mexico

There are 11 comments on the The Washington Post story from Feb 27, 2012, titled Carnival Cruise Lines cancels on-shore tour after mass robbery near Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. In it, The Washington Post reports that:

Carnival Cruise Lines Inc. says it is suspending on-shore nature excursions in the Mexican resort of Puerto Vallarta after 22 cruise passengers were robbed on their bus during a tour last week near the coastal city.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Washington Post.

Jose

Toronto, Canada

#2 Feb 27, 2012

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#3 Feb 27, 2012
Do ya think Mexico will be off of the Cruiseline tour brochure in the future?

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#4 Feb 28, 2012
Just part of the local color. What's a tour of Mexico without a robbery, drug sale, or gang gun battle? Or maybe a couple of human heads rolled down the street?

Arriba arrrrrrrribba!! ;)

Since: Oct 11

Location hidden

#5 Feb 28, 2012
Simply visit Texas. It's just like Mexico, without the diarrhea.

“If you believe it, stand by it”

Since: May 07

Location hidden

#6 Feb 28, 2012
Definition of "Cruise Ship."
1. Giant floating shopping center.
2. A place of confinement.
People go to a football statium and spend four hours in a crowd. They breath a sigh of relief when they get out of the parking lot.
People go on a cruise ship and are forced to spend anywhere from three days to two weeks in a crowd. The only way to get away from it is to hide in your cabin.
In NYC

Cottage Grove, MN

#7 Feb 28, 2012
What the ***** is the difference? I was robbed at knife point in Time Square.

Location hidden

#8 Feb 28, 2012
In NYC wrote:
What the ***** is the difference? I was robbed at knife point in Time Square.
Why would anyone go to Times Square if they did not absolutely have to? I was there one time. I did not lose anything there so I don't need to go back.
The Mad Man

Glendale, CA

#10 Feb 28, 2012
After the State Dept gave warnings....
After the fact they cancel on shore tours...???

“ROCK ON ROCKERS!!”

Since: Mar 11

Rockin' USA ;)

#11 Feb 28, 2012
seedtick wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would anyone go to Times Square if they did not absolutely have to? I was there one time. I did not lose anything there so I don't need to go back.
Wayyyy tooo much concrete for me..Ya can keep it,rather go see a school play than a Broadway hit..just like taking a cruise ship, ya can keep it...wayyy too crowded, give me a small fishing canoe, if I spot a nice shady area I'll land and linger as long as I want to...no time schedules for this hip Chick!

“Stop the Brain Rot”

Since: Jan 12

Take a Looonng Vacation

#12 Feb 28, 2012
Comment Samurai wrote:
Simply visit Texas. It's just like Mexico, without the diarrhea.
Texas is the diarrhea with out the Mexico.

Location hidden

#13 Feb 28, 2012
Colorado Chick wrote:
<quoted text>Wayyyy tooo much concrete for me..Ya can keep it,rather go see a school play than a Broadway hit..just like taking a cruise ship, ya can keep it...wayyy too crowded, give me a small fishing canoe, if I spot a nice shady area I'll land and linger as long as I want to...no time schedules for this hip Chick!
There you go...you got it right.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Travel/Tourism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Catacombs of Paris-The Labyrinth of No Return 7 hr Avid Reader 1
News Gay wedding ban sparks cruise boycott call Mar 30 Wondering 13
News Flagstaff House now 'house of homosexual promot... Mar '18 Tillerless Ship o... 3
News Transgender Parade Star Opens Doors to Diversit... Feb '18 Cedrick 2
Finland Tourism: Flag/Theology(?) Jan '18 Abishai100 1
News More travelers say TripAdvisor blocked warnings... Nov '17 Birdzilla 1
News Carnival Cruises Bans Drag Costumes from RuPaul... (Nov '12) Oct '17 cruiser 37