Carnival drops 10 calls in Belize, ci...

Carnival drops 10 calls in Belize, citing congestion

There are 3 comments on the USA Today story from Jan 9, 2013, titled Carnival drops 10 calls in Belize, citing congestion. In it, USA Today reports that:

A spokesperson for the line says the 2,124-passenger Carnival Legend is skipping the port this week and also will forgo a call in Belize scheduled for December.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at USA Today.

The Truth

Charlotte, NC

#1 Jan 9, 2013
After a little digging I found some interesting info.

Carnival Cruise Lines knew of the changes Dec 22nd and are only now issuing statements to customers...just so they could continue to "hook" a few more passengers since Belize is the main destination port

The Port Rep in Belize knew the same information earlier.(the 20th of Dec.)

An Email was sent from operations to customer care dated 12.22.12 addressing the change.

There have been many reports that Carnival has been banned from the port for nonpayment to the tenders.

Even if the last part is not true, I find it very unprofessional of Carnival

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#2 Jan 14, 2013
big money - big decisions, huh :)))

Since: Dec 09

Falls of Rough, Kentucky

#3 Feb 11, 2013
It sounds kind of wild anyway, one of the recent people who went there said that they have a walled in port that is like 7 blocks long by 1 block deep. They said the gateway into the city was under heavily armed guards with armored vehicles in site of the gate?

They also said that if you want to pay the price and take the risk that they had tour guides to take you into town. Is this true, has Belize gotten so bad that they need this kind of arrangement at the port?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Travel/Tourism Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Carnival Cruises Bans Drag Costumes from RuPaul... (Nov '12) Oct 9 cruiser 37
News MC Lyte Is Married! See Her First Wedding Photos Aug '17 Josephine McArthur 1
Measuring Tourism: Amenity Reps? Jul '17 Abishai100 1
News Congress backs bill on customer rights for onli... (Nov '16) Jun '17 Rosedala 6
A Ride Through Baltimore Maryland On The # 27 Bus Jun '17 NewYorkView 1
Europe is dangerous May '17 No go 1
Rude Hungarians (Dec '07) May '17 Paul Pataky 8
More from around the web