Utah's SkyWest to fly for American Ai...

Utah's SkyWest to fly for American Airlines

There are 7 comments on the Salt Lake Tribune story from Sep 12, 2012, titled Utah's SkyWest to fly for American Airlines. In it, Salt Lake Tribune reports that:

SkyWest Inc., the St. George-based parent company of Skywest Airlines, has signed an agreement with American Airlines to operate 23 Bombardier CRJ200 regional jet aircraft under the American Eagle designation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Salt Lake Tribune.

Since: May 08

Santee CA

#1 Sep 12, 2012
Eagle employees had already gotten the the contract to work Skywest in many cities May as well use the planes too. Looks like AMR is going to keep the Eagle arm of low cost employees flying uncomfortable RJ's to the max of thier range. Read the fine print flier. Chances are your flight will be "operated by American Eagle". Oh what the heck am I talking about, you'll get on anything cheap. That's why the industry is what it is now. Consumer demand.
Can JetBlue go Eagle

United States

#2 Sep 12, 2012
I have heard JetBlue or Frontier may be contracted to fly as American Eagle, only their aircraft would be branded as American Airlines......

anyone know anything more? Pan Am had Air Atlanta and Emerald operating as the Pan Am Express for a while.
Angry White United Pilot

Everett, WA

#3 Sep 13, 2012
Skywest Pilots will be denied jumpseats at United now that their SCABS, flying SCAB work at American Airlines.

Skywest pilots ...no jumpseat for you at United.
Victor Vector

Dallas, TX

#4 Sep 13, 2012
Angry White United Pilot wrote:
Skywest pilots ...no jumpseat for you at United.
Skywest has been flying as United Express for quite some time.
INSTABILITY for decades

United States

#5 Sep 25, 2012
more regional jets ...... great!

Crampjets
Robert Mayers

Midlothian, TX

#6 Sep 26, 2012
without regional service many smaller airports would have no service. If Eagle can't use an RJ for ELP-LAX then ELP would have no non stop service to California.
INSTABILITY for decades

United States

#7 Sep 27, 2012
It is not the concept of the 50 seat jet it is the execution.

Design 101

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Transportation Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News How Doomed Is the U.S. Postal Service? (Jun '13) 9 hr Uber-Bro of the U... 8
News FedEx caps traditional pension, switches to cas... (Feb '07) Mon Need to know 56
News Union Pacific's (UNP) CEO Lance Fritz on Q3 201... (Oct '15) Sep 16 John Doe 4
News Police: Tucson man arrested after shoving fligh... Sep 2 chinaclipper1 1
News Heartland Express to replace onboard computing ... (Sep '10) Sep 2 Wendy Saucedo 7
News Washington planning for pot-shop license lotteries (Apr '14) Aug 31 Icobod 2
Does anybody work for USPS I have a Question (Jul '09) Aug '17 Kenneth Spangler 60
More from around the web