Mattel set to announce 2nd toy recall

Full story: KUSA Denver

Mattel Inc. is set to announce the recall of a Chinese-made toy as early as Tuesday because it may contain excessive amounts of lead paint.
Comments
21 - 25 of 25 Comments Last updated Nov 17, 2011
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
MAD

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2007

DDD wrote:
<quoted text>
Would be a simple solution if you could find anything made in AMERICA. That is really hard to do.
As for the corporations, I was told directly from a higher up in the one I worked at "We don't care what happens to you, we only care about OUR money." This is a company where the workers have to climb on unstead ladders and step-stools to do their work. Luckily there were some changes after that, but not until after things were constantly pointed out to the Labor Board.
Was this Home Depot????
DDD

Arvada, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2007

Deke wrote:
Is anyone else fed up with this outsourcing ? Has anyone made the connection between the rebublican / conservative agenda of outsourcing everything from social security to the army? In the name of profits how many jobs have left this country ? How often do get Mumbai India when you call a company? Not that I have anything at all against India or it's citizens but why aren't those jobs here ?? What would the casualties in Iraq look like if some of the 'civilian contractors' were counted in as armed forces casualties? Not that we have to make the casualties look bad, Mr. Bush is already doing a fine job of inciting and inviting Al Queda in Iraq already. The point is, the agenda is to try and outsource everything from local garbage hauling to social security.
Money should not be the most important thing.
I am fed up with the outsourcing and have been contacting OUR? representatives for years. I have received one reply -- from a Democrat so it isn't just the Republicans doing this -- and he said they have to outsource everything so people in this country can afford things. Now how am I to afford things when I cannot get a job. How is anyone to afford things who cannot get a job. For those who say it is because I won't take lower paying jobs, I have applied for lower paying jobs and I got turned down for every one of them. As for calling companies and getting someone in India, that seems to be all you can get when you call for technical help. I went through 4 or 5 different phone calls the other day trying to straighten out problems with Microsoft and then they told me that NONE of the calls go to India, that they were to Canada. Not the calls I got answered and you have to yell at them to get them to listen to what you are saying. So the big companies outsource and then blatantly lie to people.
Godless Heathen

Denver, CO

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 15, 2007

chinese chicken you have wrote:
It's fry rice you plick!!
LOL!!
coming down on Mattel

Wilmington, DE

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 16, 2007

Ok.....maybe I've heard wrong. I understand that our government paid these American companies to out source their products.

In the business to make money, right? Who wouldn't take money to make more???

Mattel will suffer a huge profit loss as well as the trust of all Americans.

Thank God that Mattel did do the right thing by reacalling all those toys. I've heard that some toys recalled have just a remote possibility of danger.

I haven't heard of any of our children actually hurt by these recalled toys (I understand damage from lead may take years to show).

If what I've heard is true...cut Mattel a little slack.
aria

Indonesia

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Nov 17, 2011

What's wrong with american made...did'nt they knew in chinnese they made toys inside a house not a factory...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••