Remote-control XPV debuts

Remote-control XPV debuts

There are 86 comments on the Daily News story from Jul 20, 2006, titled Remote-control XPV debuts. In it, Daily News reports that:

One if by land, two if by sea, three if by land and air? Toy-lovers can navigate both dirt and sky with the XPV, a new radio-controlled gizmo made by JAKKS Pacific Inc.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Daily News.

Cubeberry

Studio City, CA

#66 Feb 27, 2007
Hydrofoams and XPVs are more difficult to fly. You can find some beginner-friendly RC airplanes at wholesale prices from Cubeberry.com
aman

Sacramento, CA

#67 Mar 5, 2007
Ross wrote:
<quoted text>
I got an XPV for Christmas. Tried to fly it. It is impossible to fy, it is a crummy land vehicle- can only go on pavement. The plane quickly get outs of range for the controller. I would not recommend this plane for anyone. The cockpit cover broke on the first landing (crash landing). I agree with others who said it is a piece of c---. I am 11.
it is the best and it is fun to fy it i love it.
xpv

Sacramento, CA

#68 Mar 5, 2007
it is the best and it is fun to fy it i love it.
balto

AOL

#69 Mar 12, 2007
Ihave had 3 xpv's each one is more fun than the last. After you play around with them for a while they are not near as crazy as they first seem. All you have to remember is little blips to stear and they all want to turn right. Ican now land one of these at my feet. just fly it into the ind and cut power they do glide I really get a kick out of mine
Derrick

United States

#70 Apr 20, 2007
You invented the RC plane? Wow. Kudos. LOL! The design of the XPV is drastically different than the Storm Launcher/Hydro Foam. And the XPV doesn't go on water; it has wheels so it’s a cruiser as well, unlike the ground scraping flyer you claim to have pioneered. The XPV is simply an RC plane. And a durable and easy to fly "plane", I might add. Basically, your entire concept is just a swamp with an elevator prop. Why don’t you give credit to the inventor of the swamp boat?
Ernest Butler wrote:
I would like to state that the original flying boat was called the Hydro Foam and was conceived and designed by Michael Connally and Myself. We made a video that spread over the Internet. We then sold the rights to the Idea and design to SpinMasters.
JAKK's is just using this idea with no rights or acknowledgment to the inventors.
RCdad

New York, NY

#71 Apr 23, 2007
I've read a number of the posts here and I'm surprised by the negative comments regarding the XPV. I purchased one for my son this weekend(he also owns an Air Hog helicoptor), and while it took a about four tries for him to master it, he had a ball with it. I find this plane's controls much easier than the Air Hog product to control and the XPV is just a blast to fly. What I find most odd about most of the posts are the reports of the XPV's durability. I found it most durable. Sure we encountered a few dings, but considering it was being pounded at times from about 30- 40ft, I found it withstood a great deal of punishment. Now guys my son is only 7 years old and if he can handle it, I would have to say most kids and adults should be able to as well.....happy flying.
Aaron

Knoxville, TN

#72 Apr 24, 2007
The XPV is the best toy ever. My friend and I bought two and were elated with them. We bought two more. They are, as far as we know, industructable.
LewisC9

Coleraine, UK

#73 Jun 5, 2007
I bought an XPV a few months back and have driven it on land a few times, but never really flown it (too amny trees, too much asphalt in my area) I am going to a big 3 acre park with no trees tommorow though, looking forward to it!
Daniel

Franklin, TN

#74 Jul 1, 2007
How much does it costs.
tank

Christchurch, New Zealand

#75 Jul 29, 2007
lol the propper $150 the mini 1 $80

btw if ur a biggner get a little sparrow plane it will teach u to fly it
RESOURCEFUL

Dillon, SC

#76 Aug 10, 2007
Hey! stop being negative. if you bought it and thought that it was bad thats your fault for buying an intermediate or hard level aircraft for your first flight. I have owned the mosquito indoor hellicopter, the XPV, the dragonfly indoor/outdoor winged insect, the transformers starscream, and the Estes sky squadron backyard flyer. THE XPV WAS NOT THE FIRST, BUT BY FAR THE BEST! It handled well, and flew VERY high. My dad and I had it WELL out of the recommended range and it still flew masterfully. I am sixteen and I know pretty much about flying the cheap compact hobby airplanes like those from Wal-mart, radio shack, Target, etc... The xpv box even says to practice flying with short takeoff and land sessions. Yes the XPV DOES need a trim knob, but you can use the regular old left and right. SO the xpv, in short has its pros and cons as do ALL airplanes. ITs not a begginers airplane but once you learn its ups and downs. Its well worth the money
mlg

Birmingham, UK

#77 Aug 13, 2007
i brought one of these planes for £70. at first i was really happy with this plane. it had great balance and all. then my finger got caught in one of the propellers and it snapped off. so i took it back to argos and luckily i got a new one for free. a month or two passed. i decided to take my second xpv out with my friends. when we tried to make it take off in our hands it flopped over to one side and fell to the ground. i didnt understand, and then we realised only on propeller was working. there was nothing i could do.
Timothy

Godalming, UK

#78 Aug 22, 2007
I am 13 years old and I have a XPV. It's very good. When I first started to fly it I found it very hard to control and crashed it a few times luckily there was no damage. People when you are flying it do quick light taps on the left and right controllers. If you hold down u will find that you will loose control. Make sure that u put it at full thrust when you want it to turn otherwise it will fall down. When you want it to land gently release the thrust control. Not to fast!!! When you reach 1 meter on ground level stop the plane... So far I have become an expert at flying it and have had no problems. I have yet never crashed since I have got use to it. Well worth buying If you will use it.
urkel

Moorestown, NJ

#79 Oct 3, 2007
you should get the storm launcher instaed coriander
high prophet

United States

#80 Nov 9, 2007
the storm launcher is an amazing design-makes me wish i were a bird
cameron

Washington, DC

#81 Nov 19, 2007
do they go in water
eliteforce002

Bessemer, AL

#82 Dec 26, 2007
I wish that my XPV didn't go left so much, it would have been more fun if the left engine hadn't broken the first time that it hit the ground...
Dingleberry

Los Angeles, CA

#83 Jan 2, 2008
cameron wrote:
do they go in water
Not on purpose.
The Pickles

Christchurch, New Zealand

#84 Jun 20, 2008
tank wrote:
lol the propper $150 the mini 1 $80
btw if ur a biggner get a little sparrow plane it will teach u to fly it
Tank do you know where we can get XPV's in New Zealand (we are Auckland based)
Mr obvious

Wausau, WI

#85 Jul 21, 2008
It's not a flying boat you dip-wad

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Toys Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
who has any free weeworld accounts with gold po... (Feb '10) Jul 19 Chickn 200
meez vips? (Feb '09) Jul 15 lollaqueen 450
what is meaning of the educational toy , parent... (Sep '14) May '16 funeducationatoys 6
Perfect gifts for our kids on Children's Day May '16 Anonymous 1
News Mattel toys recalled (Oct '07) Dec '15 WNC 10
Looking for a Plush Rexy Doll (Dec '06) Dec '15 jordan55 15
Classic & Traditional Toys (Jun '15) Jun '15 congo 1
More from around the web