Judge rules Mattel doesn't have rights to entire Bratz line

Full story: Daily Breeze 7
A federal appellate court ruling issued today found that a lower court judge erred when he gave El Segundo-based Mattel rights to the entire Bratz line. Full Story
CaP

United States

#1 Jul 22, 2010
Good for Carter Byrant! The All American Girl can't have EVERYTHING in her so called Dreamhouse!!
SP Thinker

Rancho Palos Verdes, CA

#2 Jul 22, 2010
Finally, a good ruling from the 9th Circuit.

Mattel were just haters that Barbie had competition.
guilty till proven not

Torrance, CA

#3 Jul 22, 2010
see, judges are stupid and incompetent. So you have to watch who you vote for and who assign the judges.
Rude poster

Long Beach, CA

#4 Jul 22, 2010
"Urban Chic???" Does that mean Ghetto Slutty?

“Beautiful Ugly”

Since: Jul 10

West Hills, CA

#5 Jul 22, 2010
I think Barbie and the Bratz should go duke it out in the alley while a bunch of GI Joe's sit sideline watching. Then maybe some ninja turtles come pop out of the sewer and play hero to break up the fight. Then the GI Joe's would pick a fight with the ninja turtles which turns into a city brawl...then, just then, MAYBE we would have an article on a story worth reading...

They all sound like a bunch of bratz to me!
formerly really

San Pedro, CA

#7 Jul 24, 2010
Contract, people, it's called a contract. Bryant had a contract that anything he developed while working for Mattel belonged to Mattel. Come on, he was even using Barbie parts to create his prototype!

Mattel should get a share of Bratz. Rightfully, it's their product.
B Frankly

Salinas, CA

#8 Aug 5, 2010
Just my opinion: Bryant's IDEAS included being sneaky, joining forces with MGA and selling material, and designs that materialized while under the employ of Mattel. Ideas exhist in the mind, what Bryant handed over to MGA were tangible completed designs; what was actually delivered to MGA was a whole concept that constituted a newly invented type of doll, sculpts, including names associated with such and invention. The IDEA train had long left the station, and the Trolley named Desire was going top speed. An idea is the mental seed from which design, sculpt, physical prototypes come out of. Bryant's plan(or IDEA) of presenting the above material to MGA is the only IDEA that should be in question at this time. MGA and the 9th District Court of Appeals are hanging their hats on what seems to be semantics.
Mattel is no stranger to word games. Can you say SCRABBLE? The current Appeals court decision seems to be BALDERDASH, so now we await the new trial so we can compare APPLES TO APPLES. Only the 8 BALL knows the outcome. All that said, I'm not sure why Mattel would like to have a doll name with such negative connotations.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Toys Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Do you know this toy? Please help! (Aug '12) Sep 12 tara sun 6
Birthday Present Sep 10 tara sun 2
meez vips? (Feb '09) Aug 29 Katie cat 428
who has any free weeworld accounts with gold po... (Feb '10) Aug 19 ashley 179
rollerblade Aug '14 anthony 1
Hub Network Announces 'Super Summer Saturday Gi... Jul '14 jade 1
Jessica Simpson's Adorable Mini Car Racers Jun '14 Tikes Swing 1
•••
Enter and win $5000
•••