Worthington school employees accept contract with salary freeze | The Columbus Dispatch

Jun 24, 2011 Read more: Columbus Dispatch 10
Bus drivers, food-service employees, secretaries and other classified workers in Worthington have ratified a three-year contract that includes a salary freeze for part of the term. Read more
Black Lion

Delaware, OH

#1 Jun 24, 2011
Thank you SB5. When federal employees, social security recipients and disabled american veterans have not had a cost of living raise in three years why is any government union employees deserve them???
Just-The-Facts

United States

#2 Jun 24, 2011
Black Lion wrote:
Thank you SB5. When federal employees, social security recipients and disabled american veterans have not had a cost of living raise in three years why is any government union employees deserve them???
This is not a result of SB5! Why are you Thanking SB5?

This is a Result of "Collective Bargaining"!

FYI! All Federial Employees have taken "Pay Cuts!" (3 No Paid days off a Month)

Please reframe from Posting Lies! Like the One you Posted here!

Just the FACTS!
No Fool

Dublin, OH

#3 Jun 24, 2011
Black Lion wrote:
"Thank you SB5"? You've got to be kidding. Nobody fears SB5 because it is clearly headed for repeal in November.
Henrietta Penobscott III

Lewis Center, OH

#6 Jun 24, 2011
So, classified employees will be getting step increases?

Step increases are merely raises by another name.
hayduke

Marysville, OH

#7 Jun 24, 2011
Sb 5 IS working....
More and more public employees are seeing pay freezes...
If SB 5 is upheald in November They might see pay cuts like everyone else...
abc

AOL

#8 Jun 24, 2011
Thank goodness, these high-salaried employees will be taking a pay freeze. What, are they making, maybe $30,000 a year? That amounts to a $20,000 pension when they retire. They are robbing us. SB5 is absolutely necessary to keep these workers from raping us, financially speaking....
Black Lion

Delaware, OH

#9 Jun 24, 2011
Just-The-Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
Just the FACTS!
Since SB5 was intoduced public awareness and opinions have led government employee unions to be more sensitive to the great deal they have. Unions realize they must be active participants now. I credit SB5 with heightening that attitude. You obviously don't.

I never said federal employees have not made any concessions. I said they didn't get any cost of living raises for the last 3 years.

You on the other hand change the subject and call me a liar. That is in the liberal handbook, page 3, item 6b as a standard way to debate. I am sure you are familiar with it since you must carry it around in your pocket.

Why would you purposely misrepresent what I clearly Wrote then call me a liar. If you can't debate the facts on what I wrote then it is you who is lying.
Black Lion

Delaware, OH

#10 Jun 24, 2011
Just-The-Facts wrote:
<quoted text>
Just the FACTS!
Below is what I wrote you dumb A.s.s. Where did I say that federal employees had not made any concession? Twist the truth and call me a liar. Coward.

Black Lion wrote:
Black Lion

Delaware, OH

#11 Jun 24, 2011
No Fool wrote:
<quoted text>
"Thank you SB5"? You've got to be kidding. Nobody fears SB5 because it is clearly headed for repeal in November.
I didn't say anyone feared it. I simply believe that since SB5 was intoduced the unions are far more sensitive to the great compensation packages they have and the public opinion of same. They are now coming to the table with adjustments.
Wheel Watcher

Columbus, OH

#12 Jun 24, 2011
The most over-taxed district in the state! Until these teachers take a pay cut it won't be worth it. I live two houses down form a "teacher" in the system and really wonder why i am paying a tax premium for her. My dog could teach better than she could! In case you want to look it up these teachers are getting 70k+.
I want a great school system but this is as crazy as ronnie raygun. SB5 is crap but lets reform the rich school districts!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Steel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Electrical designing of induction furnace and i... Mar '15 Ali 1
News Ruby Tuesday cited for sexual harassment (Aug '08) Jan '15 Tameka 14
News Giant western Pennsylvania underground mushroom... (Nov '09) Nov '14 mplemmons 10
News LADWP Tests Earthquake Resistant Water Pipes Nov '14 Peter 1
News U.S. Supreme Court weighs fight over changing c... (Nov '13) Nov '14 FurFaukSakes 7
News Welded Tube-Berkeley closes pipe plant next to ... (Aug '12) Oct '14 Michael2327 4
News UPDATE 1-Russia's Severstal sells U.S. plants t... (Jul '14) Oct '14 eire88 11
More from around the web