New Worthington superintendent leader to forgo perks | The Columbus Dispatch

The new Worthington superintendent will start his job in August already making concessions. Full Story
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
angry trees

Grove City, OH

#1 Jun 3, 2011
and Bill Wise, superintendent of SWCS, takes all the perks he can and bonuses

Since: Sep 10

Noida, India

#3 Jun 3, 2011
But I guess its been said that he'll forgo all the perks!!http://www.hellotrade.c om/kinex-cappers/product.html
Nick in Westerville

Columbus, OH

#4 Jun 3, 2011
Too bad Dr. Gene Harris from Columbus City Schools doesn't feel the same way..........
She takes all the perks she can get.
Eddie Mars

Columbus, OH

#5 Jun 3, 2011
Let's hope the Dublin school administration reads this. Maybe they'll get some ideas...
Nana

Columbus, OH

#6 Jun 3, 2011
I congratulate him on what he is doing. More administrators need to look at his example and do the same. Why should a school pay for their car, cell phones, etc. That is just ridiculous and should be stopped by all districts.
Seadog

Blacklick, OH

#7 Jun 3, 2011
At $145,000.00 / year, just how under-paid are our school administrators? Is there more to SB5 than angry Republicans taking it out on the lowly unions?
Mr Right

Columbus, OH

#8 Jun 3, 2011
Good start.
Eye roast

Norwalk, OH

#9 Jun 3, 2011
So let me get this straight. He just got a $26,000 raise, but he's "making the sacrifice" of only being eligible for another token raise. He's "making the sacrifice" of not having a work-related cellphone, ie, not on call 24/7. And he's "making the sacrifice" of driving his own car and paying for the "long distance" move from Lewis Center.

I see sainthood in this guy's future...
Pataskala Dan

Canal Winchester, OH

#10 Jun 3, 2011
Dr. Tucker is first class all the way.
Really

Dublin, OH

#11 Jun 3, 2011
No health care? Smell a rat? His wife must be a teacher or public servant elsewhere and he's on that plan.
wow

Columbus, OH

#13 Jun 3, 2011
Awesome person, awesome contract, awesome sacrafices.
Too bad Gov. Kasich can't get on the bus and make these sacrafices.
A Wise Guy

Columbus, OH

#14 Jun 3, 2011
Now if Kasuck and his republicans ceos and buddies would do that instead of taking away rights from workers, the budget "crisis" would be resolved.
A Wise Guy

Columbus, OH

#15 Jun 3, 2011
Eye roast wrote:
So let me get this straight. He just got a $26,000 raise, but he's "making the sacrifice" of only being eligible for another token raise. He's "making the sacrifice" of not having a work-related cellphone, ie, not on call 24/7. And he's "making the sacrifice" of driving his own car and paying for the "long distance" move from Lewis Center.
I see sainthood in this guy's future...
Yea but he didn't have to, thats the reason we are praising him. You didn't see Kasuck or Gene Harris do anything similar. They took the money and RAN!
Seriously

Columbus, OH

#16 Jun 3, 2011
How is $145,000 a sacrifice?
CLINTONVILLE RESIDENT

Columbus, OH

#17 Jun 3, 2011
I am glad he is going to relocate. That 5 mile drive down High street from Lewis Center to WHS is a killer.
are you kidding me

Columbus, OH

#18 Jun 3, 2011
He gave up a cell phone stipend...I've worked for years as management and paid for my own;A car? Why? I've worked for years as management and bought my own;Moving from Lewis center to Worthington and won't get paid for it...are you kidding me? It's his choice to take the new job...pay for your own move.....145,000 for 182 plus working days a year...are you serious? These taxpayer employees don't understand about concessions and they definitely don't realize they are not in private industry jobs...actually private industry doesn't do those perks anymore...How did things get SOOOOO out of hand????????
voteno

Morrow, OH

#19 Jun 3, 2011
Good start.

But no to any levies until no administrators/staff have any perks.
Worthington MOM

Columbus, OH

#20 Jun 3, 2011
Well, he is in.

Now he has to prove himself he show him to the exit.

State Scores dip and he's gone !!
U Misinformed Envious Per

Warren, OH

#21 Jun 3, 2011
are you kidding me wrote:
He gave up a cell phone stipend...I've worked for years as management and paid for my own;A car? Why? I've worked for years as management and bought my own;Moving from Lewis center to Worthington and won't get paid for it...are you kidding me? It's his choice to take the new job...pay for your own move.....145,000 for 182 plus working days a year...are you serious? These taxpayer employees don't understand about concessions and they definitely don't realize they are not in private industry jobs...actually private industry doesn't do those perks anymore...How did things get SOOOOO out of hand????????
Superintendents work a 260 day schedule (just like you in the private sector) and a superintendent is on call 24/7/365 (unlike a lot of you in the private sector). What would a CEO of a $100 million dollar business be making these days,$1 million?,$1.5 million? I guarantee that it is way more than $145,000. What should they make??, I bet the answer is not more than you do, right??
Hooked on Fonics

Columbus, OH

#22 Jun 3, 2011
I love the people on here who are jealous of his salary. If you don't like your own salary go earn a PHD like he did. Sounds like a man of principle.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Steel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ruby Tuesday cited for sexual harassment (Aug '08) Dec 7 What 13
Giant western Pennsylvania underground mushroom... (Nov '09) Nov 26 mplemmons 10
LADWP Tests Earthquake Resistant Water Pipes Nov '14 Peter 1
U.S. Supreme Court weighs fight over changing c... (Nov '13) Nov '14 FurFaukSakes 7
Welded Tube-Berkeley closes pipe plant next to ... (Aug '12) Oct '14 Michael2327 4
UPDATE 1-Russia's Severstal sells U.S. plants t... Oct '14 eire88 11
Amid the Global Economic Crisis, China Rises (Oct '09) Oct '14 Flint Refugee 340
More from around the web