Man shot in gunbattle brought to lake at OSU | The Columbus Dispatch

A man who was shot late last night in front of a townhouse just south of Worthington was taken to the Ohio State University campus, possibly by friends who saw police gathered at Mirror Lake. Full Story
First Prev
of 6
Next Last
Rob

Columbus, OH

#114 Jun 4, 2011
hamburger pimp wrote:
<quoted text>
Please don't feed the troll. Ignore her whining and she'll go away eventually.
i wish i could travel back in time and slap whomever decided women should be allowed to speak and (attempt to) think for themselves.
ThereYouHaveIt

United States

#115 Jun 4, 2011
Rob wrote:
<quoted text>
same way obama did. people were mad and voted AGAINST someone rather than FOR someone. a mistake we will be making again in 2012 that will end up with obama getting re-elected. instead of getting a GOOD, QUALIFIED candidates, republicans are going for the "anybody but obama" thing. we will have weak candidates and they will fail and the USA will fall.
LOL - The Repubs are going to pick Romney as their candidate and the conservatives will all barf and stay home. Obama will waltz back into the White House. I can see it now!
Rob

Columbus, OH

#116 Jun 4, 2011
redharedgrl wrote:
<quoted text>
find the stats that tell where most gun violence victims r up to no good..
and what regulations do we have for handguns?
time for common sense to prevail over the gun nut culture..more people will live that way.
haha. she really is as stupid as she is ugly. i'd like to buy her a gun just so she can carry it into a bank and tell the cops that "handguns are not regulated". lol

also, who said the VICTIMS were up to no good? does she know the difference between a victim and a perp?
Rob

Columbus, OH

#117 Jun 4, 2011
bestgrammy wrote:
Why in the world does the Dispatch invite/allow "live" comments on articles of any nature? As an old lady somewhat unfamiliar with online techniques, would I be able to call and leave a message/comment? I don't think so. Please get rid of the opportunity for idiots to editorialize about thing they don't know.
go back to sleep granny. obviously you were sleeping during the class on the BILL OF RIGHTS...freedom of speech and all? also, have you noticed the ads on the page? all these people "editorializing about a thing they don't know" are being exposed to those ads and the dispatch is making a killing in ad revenue.(that was that economics class you slept through.) also, you must have missed the literature class where they would have quoted mark twain as saying "It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt." nighty night granny!
Rob

Columbus, OH

#118 Jun 4, 2011
ThereYouHaveIt wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL - The Repubs are going to pick Romney as their candidate and the conservatives will all barf and stay home. Obama will waltz back into the White House. I can see it now!
yeah. i agree. i read up on romney. he is a total democrat wearing the "R" for show. same thing that happened last election. we need a new regan.
reality speaks

Columbus, OH

#120 Jun 5, 2011
redharedgrl wrote:
<quoted text>
try facing reality...guns make it easier faster and better to kill people..cars r regostered, u need a license, driving privleges can be revoked...
again, 5 feet from me with a club, knife, etc etc, and i'll have a pistol..see who dites first.
guns r a tool that need regulation..if u dont see that, then ur brain isnt working
after I run you over with the car; and you are dead, how is a license going to make you alive again?

people kill people

a loaded maching gun sitting on the 50 yard line in a packed stadium is as harmless as the whitle line it sits on.

Till someone picks it up.

Then it all depends on that someone.

Are they a kook; or a sportsman.

guns are regulated; and require background checks to purchase from a firearms dealer.

Driving license has regulations as well.

How many drivers are there that drive with no license?
Rob

Columbus, OH

#121 Jun 5, 2011
The Real Private Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait a minute...aren't you te very same "Rob" that professed to be gay back a couple of months ago?
Thought all you people were liberals?
Heh,heh, you are at least... when it advances your cause, huh?
no, i have said many times that i am a gay conservative. and many more gays would be conservative if they would realize that the democrats only LOVE them when it's time to vote. same as EMPLOYED black folk. anyone with a job and self respect has no reason to be a democrat, unless they just buy into the (false) belief that "the democrats CARE about me." i would rather someone be honest about not caring for me to my face than smile sweetly about me and then run me down as soon as i turn my back.
Cru Jones

Columbus, OH

#122 Jun 6, 2011
dustcircle wrote:
Scanner as source: They're looking for a light-skinned black male in a white wife-beater and red baseball cap. Of course, he's probably wearing something different today.
I know this might be difficult, but try to open your mind real wide. Of course he's wearing something different today, but someone who knew what he was wearing the night of the shooting maybe come forward and identify him. Now, was that so hard?
Neighbor of the incident

Dublin, OH

#123 Jun 6, 2011
I saw and heard the whole thing. I saw the car speed off with the victim after hearing "OH my god he's been shot!!!"; screamed by a lady. While this was going on another "perfect citizen" rolled up in a Blazer smoking a Blunt decided to put his car in reverse, went back a few houses and smashed a 40oz bottle, then rolled by CPD. Another citizen screamed to CPD to stop the Blazer, but did nothing. CPD is a joke. I was hit/skipped outta my parking lot in April and they took 30mins to get there. Their response time to this one was 10mins. WTF? There was a total of 3 rounds of gun fire (2 at the incident location), and another round near High St.

They need to hold the landlords responsible for the people they rent to. One street over it is peaceful, the place where the guy was shot had an OD last summer and other issues. Columbus instead of busting people for jaywalking, PLEASE RETAKE CONTROL OF OUR STREET AND MAKE IT SAFE AGAIN!!!
Whatever

Columbus, OH

#124 Jun 6, 2011
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe that is the answer. I do think stricter laws regarding guns are in order. I believe that the gun shows in this state should be held to the same standards as a gun shop. NO ONE SHOULD BE ABLE TO PURCHASE A GUN WITHOUT A BACKGROUND CHECK. I also believe that if you want to own things like A K47's or like guns with large clips, you should join the military or some sort of law enforcemnet career.
We need to TALK openly and honestly about the gun situation in this country. We must also respect the second admendment while doing so. It seems as though thoughful, logical discussion regarding this issue is much needed.
I personally fear for the police officers in this country.
As a law abiding gun owner I agree with most of your sentiments except for the bit about AK47's and large magazines. A semi-automatic AK-47 is no more deadly in most cases than a revolver. Most cases do not involve emptying a large magazine and there are usually only a few shots fired from each gun. There are of course exceptions. But the majority of gang bangers causing these deaths are not walking around with AK-47's and large magazines. Also, it only takes a split second to switch out a 10 round magazine on a semi-automatic pistol like a Glock. So having a 30 round magazine isn't that much of an advantage over someone carrying 3 ten round magazines.
Whatever

Columbus, OH

#125 Jun 6, 2011
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't believe that is the answer. I do think stricter laws regarding guns are in order. I believe that the gun shows in this state should be held to the same standards as a gun shop. NO ONE SHOULD BE ABLE TO PURCHASE A GUN WITHOUT A BACKGROUND CHECK. I also believe that if you want to own things like A K47's or like guns with large clips, you should join the military or some sort of law enforcemnet career.
We need to TALK openly and honestly about the gun situation in this country. We must also respect the second admendment while doing so. It seems as though thoughful, logical discussion regarding this issue is much needed.
I personally fear for the police officers in this country.
Also, you talk about wanting to talk opening and honestly about the gun situation in this country. Unfortunately, the two extremes in this situation do not want to do that. But in all honesty, we only have a "gun situation" in certain parts of this country. For example, there is no "gun situation" in Dublin, Arlington, Hilliard, or Powell. The "gun situation" is really a "people situation" that is exacerbated by guns.

Until the media stops blaming the guns and starts blaming the "people", and the NRA recognizes that guns are indeed exacerbating the problem then there will be no open and honest discussion.
reality speaks

Columbus, OH

#126 Jun 6, 2011
Whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Also, you talk about wanting to talk opening and honestly about the gun situation in this country. Unfortunately, the two extremes in this situation do not want to do that. But in all honesty, we only have a "gun situation" in certain parts of this country. For example, there is no "gun situation" in Dublin, Arlington, Hilliard, or Powell. The "gun situation" is really a "people situation" that is exacerbated by guns.
Until the media stops blaming the guns and starts blaming the "people", and the NRA recognizes that guns are indeed exacerbating the problem then there will be no open and honest discussion.
you lost me?????

The NRA fights for the right of gun ownership for all.

People kill people.

If you ticked me off, I could murder you by running you over with a car easier than shooting you.

How about that open conversation.

Personal responsibility.

crime is crime

chain gangs, electric chairs, and public hangings, would damper the spirits of those who ignore gods law. Thou shalt not kill.

society upholding gods law is not murder, it is justice

after a year or so of seeing result from ones actions, I bet murder drops way off.
Hank G

Columbus, OH

#127 Jun 6, 2011
FBO wrote:
A gun battle!. What kind of freakin' city are you zombies living in?
You have a lot of room to talk!
father fonebone

Portsmouth, OH

#128 Jun 6, 2011
People need to know baptisms can be performed at Hospital.
Praise the Lord.
Lori

Columbus, OH

#129 Jun 8, 2011
When are City Officials going to step up and help clean up the continuous crime in Broadmeadows. The situation continues to get worse and the neighbors are tired of being afraid to go out in their own yards.
What happened to all of the extra police we were supposed to have once the city tax increase occured?
reality speaks

Columbus, OH

#130 Jun 8, 2011
Lori wrote:
When are City Officials going to step up and help clean up the continuous crime in Broadmeadows. The situation continues to get worse and the neighbors are tired of being afraid to go out in their own yards.
What happened to all of the extra police we were supposed to have once the city tax increase occured?
maybe we should arm the neighbors; and let them police the area.

crime would drop quickly
dr pepper

Blacklick, OH

#131 Jun 9, 2011
reality speaks wrote:
<quoted text>
after I run you over with the car; and you are dead, how is a license going to make you alive again?
people kill people
a loaded maching gun sitting on the 50 yard line in a packed stadium is as harmless as the whitle line it sits on.
Till someone picks it up.
Then it all depends on that someone.
Are they a kook; or a sportsman.
guns are regulated; and require background checks to purchase from a firearms dealer.
Driving license has regulations as well.
How many drivers are there that drive with no license?
so do you think every body follows the law and gets a licence or drives with one ????

“Cultural Futurist”

Since: Aug 09

Columbus, OH

#132 Jun 9, 2011
Cru Jones wrote:
<quoted text>
I know this might be difficult, but try to open your mind real wide. Of course he's wearing something different today, but someone who knew what he was wearing the night of the shooting maybe come forward and identify him. Now, was that so hard?
How you missed my sarcasm, I have no clue.
Really

Columbus, OH

#133 Jun 10, 2011
Sick of BLACK APES wrote:
Gee, could it MAYBE be
SUSPECT BLACK MALE ?
SUSPECT BLACK MALE ?
SUSPECT BLACK MALE ?
SUSPECT BLACK MALE ?
SUSPECT BLACK MALE ?
SUSPECT BLACK MALE ?
SUSPECT BLACK MALE ?
SUSPECT BLACK MALE ?
SUSPECT BLACK MALE ?
SUSPECT BLACK MALE ?
SUSPECT BLACK MALE ?
SUSPECT BLACK MALE ?
SUSPECT BLACK MALE ?
SUSPECT BLACK MALE ?
SUSPECT BLACK MALE ?
SUSPECT BLACK MALE ?
SUSPECT BLACK MALE ?
SUSPECT BLACK MALE ?
And I am sick of sick racist like you!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Steel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Ruby Tuesday cited for sexual harassment (Aug '08) Dec 7 What 13
Giant western Pennsylvania underground mushroom... (Nov '09) Nov '14 mplemmons 10
LADWP Tests Earthquake Resistant Water Pipes Nov '14 Peter 1
U.S. Supreme Court weighs fight over changing c... (Nov '13) Nov '14 FurFaukSakes 7
Welded Tube-Berkeley closes pipe plant next to ... (Aug '12) Oct '14 Michael2327 4
UPDATE 1-Russia's Severstal sells U.S. plants t... Oct '14 eire88 11
Amid the Global Economic Crisis, China Rises (Oct '09) Oct '14 Flint Refugee 340
More from around the web