Man shot in gunbattle brought to lake...

Man shot in gunbattle brought to lake at OSU | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 119 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Jun 4, 2011, titled Man shot in gunbattle brought to lake at OSU | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

A man who was shot late last night in front of a townhouse just south of Worthington was taken to the Ohio State University campus, possibly by friends who saw police gathered at Mirror Lake.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 6
Next Last
bigChris

Walbridge, OH

#1 Jun 4, 2011
What the heck is wrong with people?
hamburger pimp

United States

#2 Jun 4, 2011
Now there's a REAL Tressel fan. Wasn't gonna let a few gunshot wounds stand in the way of showing his support for The Vest.
Brent

Westerville, OH

#3 Jun 4, 2011
16-18 stray shots, that's scary. 16-18 chances a child or innocent person could have been hit.
Big Johnson

Columbus, OH

#4 Jun 4, 2011
They were going to dump him in the lake.
Lolita Shih Tzu

Columbus, OH

#5 Jun 4, 2011
Why was he taken to the Mirror Lake instead of an hospital? The guy was in critical condition.
People are getting crazier and crazier, folks.
sunshine

Columbus, OH

#6 Jun 4, 2011
they may have thought he was j. tressel with self inflicked gun shot wound.&they where going to through him in the lake the same way osu threw him under the train.

Since: Sep 09

Columbus, OH

#7 Jun 4, 2011
First of all, I sincerely hope this guy is going to be OK, and survives his gunshot wounds.--But when I read that there were 16-18 shell casings found it was a reminder to me that most people who own guns couldn't hit the ocean standing on the dock. How is anyone alive after 16-18 bullets were fired?

And then the dude is taken to Mirror Lake??? Riverside Hospital or Mirror Lake? Hmmmm, let me think about that and get back to you.
world of violence

Nelsonville, OH

#8 Jun 4, 2011
sounds like to me....modern warfare II is taking over the world. Too many video games....kids now days get irriated at you....they will hunker down and shoot you....just like on the video game. lol I truly hope the victim (s) are ok. but that was a lot of shots to be too ok.

“Cultural Futurist”

Since: Aug 09

Columbus, OH

#9 Jun 4, 2011
Scanner as source: They're looking for a light-skinned black male in a white wife-beater and red baseball cap. Of course, he's probably wearing something different today.
Tim

Columbus, OH

#10 Jun 4, 2011
hamburger pimp wrote:
Now there's a REAL Tressel fan. Wasn't gonna let a few gunshot wounds stand in the way of showing his support for The Vest.
Too bad be needed a bullet proof vest.
Mr Hand

Columbus, OH

#11 Jun 4, 2011
Good ol' Broadmeadows! Why am I not surprised?
Ty Crane

Columbus, OH

#12 Jun 4, 2011
Big Johnson wrote:
They were going to dump him in the lake.
Maybe they shot Prince and were taking him to purify himself the closest thing to Lake Minnetonka.
jay

Columbus, OH

#16 Jun 4, 2011
Broadmeadows is a festering sore in what otherwise would be a peaceful community.
Common Sense

AOL

#17 Jun 4, 2011
Only cops and a shooting victim (more likely a willing participant who wasn't as good as the other guy) showed up for Sweater Fest!
CLINTONVILLE RESIDENT

Columbus, OH

#18 Jun 4, 2011
jay wrote:
Broadmeadows is a festering sore in what otherwise would be a peaceful community.
Very True. Of course it was only one block away that the Worthington Cheerleader was shot for tresspassing.
Former Republican

New Albany, OH

#19 Jun 4, 2011
This is why we need more guns, not less!
NotPC

United States

#20 Jun 4, 2011
Broad meadows is exhibit number one as to why Section 8 housing should be eliminated. Seection 8 is a neighborhood destroyer. I remember when Broad Meadows was decent white middle class housing - now it is a murder ghetto and low life central. The government is exporting the hood to the suburbs so they can ruin them too. It is a crime!
NotPC

United States

#21 Jun 4, 2011
CLINTONVILLE RESIDENT wrote:
<quoted text>
Very True. Of course it was only one block away that the Worthington Cheerleader was shot for tresspassing.
The Cheerleader was trespassing and caused the incident to happen.
jdh

Columbus, OH

#22 Jun 4, 2011
Mr Hand wrote:
Good ol' Broadmeadows! Why am I not surprised?
Don't you mean Broadghettos?
Steve

Grove City, OH

#23 Jun 4, 2011
Drugs

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Steel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News People on the Move May 15 Mike 2 2
Electrical designing of induction furnace and i... Mar '15 Ali 1
News Ruby Tuesday cited for sexual harassment (Aug '08) Jan '15 Tameka 14
News LADWP Tests Earthquake Resistant Water Pipes (Nov '14) Nov '14 Peter 1
News U.S. Supreme Court weighs fight over changing c... (Nov '13) Nov '14 FurFaukSakes 7
News Welded Tube-Berkeley closes pipe plant next to ... (Aug '12) Oct '14 Michael2327 4
News UPDATE 1-Russia's Severstal sells U.S. plants t... (Jul '14) Oct '14 eire88 11
More from around the web