Worthington man drowns in North Carol...

Worthington man drowns in North Carolina | The Columbus Dispatch

There are 24 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Jul 1, 2011, titled Worthington man drowns in North Carolina | The Columbus Dispatch. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

A Worthington man on vacation with his family at North Carolina's Outer Banks drowned yesterday when a rip tide pulled him out to sea, officials said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Shipwrecks galore

Durham, NC

#21 Jul 2, 2011
My family and I are from Worthington originally so this breaks our heart to hear of this tragedy. No matter how well or how poorly one does know how or how not to swim, the rip-tides here off NC are some of the worst of anywhere- in the coastal US. Combined with the many shallow SandBar drop-offs of cliff size levels, and more recently, the increased sightings of evidence of Sharks coming closer to shore, it is a cautionary experience.

Condolences.
Lucy

Cincinnati, OH

#23 Jul 4, 2011
Seems there are always asses in the crowd. These 'arguing' post are ridiculous. Are you that small of people to make fun of someone anonymously online. Does it make you feel smarter? This is a sad situation to make light of it is horrible.
Kirsten

Toledo, OH

#24 Jul 6, 2011
I too was on the beach,in Waves the day this poor man was taken out to sea. We watched as they pulled him to shore, holding hands as a family praying for him to survive. Sorrow was felt throughout the area and our prayers go out to his friends and family. God bless you all.
WTF

Columbus, OH

#25 Jul 7, 2011
iEnzyte Bob Pd Cust wrote:
<quoted text>
Since you're on the subject of God, doesn't God help people who help themselves? In other words, if you don't do risky things - like swim in places known for riptides - it's not very likely bad things are going to happen. I've never heard of riptides in swimming pools.
Well, sir, this post shows that you are not only mean but you are also incredibly ignorant. "Bad things" happen all the time to people who may or may not be engaging in "risky" behavior (which I am not at all sure includes swimming in the ocean.) I suggest you spend your time more productively than taking cheap shots at an individual who has lost his life. And speaking of God, lucky for you he shows mercy because my hunch is you're going to need it from Him at some point.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Steel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gerdau sells rebar Mills to Nucor & CMC (Aug '17) Feb 2 The end 45
News Comparing Nucor Corporation (NUE) and The Compe... Nov '17 your compition 2
News 2 dead in shooting at Worthington bar Nov '17 faux 8
News Thieves ram U-Haul into Louis Vuitton store in ... Oct '17 shadow_hunter 10
News Man gets probation for leaving naked son in tra... Oct '17 Reality Speaks 2
News Novamerican Steel Inc. Announces Its Name Chang... (Feb '09) Sep '17 KPUT 800
question about steel Sep '17 amluthra 1
More from around the web