Changes coming to Worthington interchange | The Columbus Dispatch

The jockeying, weaving and lurching of vehicles merging from Rt. 315 onto I-270 combine for a daily battle for motorists trying to exit the Outerbelt onto Rt. Full Story
Huh

Powell, OH

#1 Jul 18, 2011
"About two million vehicles travel the Worthington portion of the Outerbelt daily, said Gary Harrington, an ODOT project manager."
Sounds a bit like the time period or count is 'off.' 2MM vehicles / 24 hrs =????? Permanent gridlock, or Carmageddon.
Tony Hunt

Arvada, CO

#2 Jul 18, 2011
Dean - who were the 4 morons that voted against the cell phone proposal? And what was their logic behind rejecting it?
Voice of reason

Columbus, OH

#3 Jul 18, 2011
I think the graphic needs to be redrawn or explained. How is exiting traffic from I-270 going to negotiate those two circular exit ramps the way they're drawn?
Its HOT

Bowling Green, OH

#4 Jul 18, 2011
The circular ramps in the new design are for people getting on I270.
Barrack

Columbus, OH

#5 Jul 18, 2011
I do not understand why the money is spent for Bike Paths on highways when a few low passenger, none tax paying or licensed vehicles are operated, generally creating unsafe conditions for motor Vehicles as well as the bicycle riders. Must be a part of the "CHANGE" THINGY Where the masses support the non paying.....Had Enough?
Barrack

Columbus, OH

#6 Jul 18, 2011
Tony Hunt wrote:
Dean - who were the 4 morons that voted against the cell phone proposal? And what was their logic behind rejecting it?
You can bet it was the work of the LIBERAL Spend your wealth thinkers!
karon

AOL

#7 Jul 18, 2011
Why not have a passenger train in that area? Ohio is spending to much on roads . With gas prices rising, Ohio will not even need these roads , Because people are and will be driving less!
George Jefferson

Marengo, OH

#8 Jul 18, 2011
karon wrote:
Why not have a passenger train in that area? Ohio is spending to much on roads . With gas prices rising, Ohio will not even need these roads , Because people are and will be driving less!
Get lost, train troll.
Engineer

Commerce, GA

#9 Jul 18, 2011
The new plan does not make any sense.(i.e. it does not work). Because the 270 west bound should have only one ramp to both south and north bounds of 23, as well as the east bound, so why are they going to have two ramps?

The only thing they need to do is to close the ramp from east bound of 270 to 23 north, and the ramp from 270 west to 23 south, and problem solved!!
Browns Fan

Westerville, OH

#10 Jul 19, 2011
Have fun Worthington. You have years and years of mess to deal with by the time this plan is complete.
Ohfan

Hilliard, OH

#11 Jul 19, 2011
This looks very similar to the sawmill interchange which has worked beautifully . Traffic there compared to before the improvement moves 1000% smoother.
block island

Columbus, OH

#12 Jul 19, 2011
"If you don't do this, you have got to have the honesty to look yourself in the mirror and say,'I just gave someone the opportunity to kill a child.' "

NOTICE HOW using children is how people attempt to bully everyone else into doing what they want ?

With the exception of a few municipalities in the US, most people use cell phones while driving. Are we a nation of child killers as a result?

We have to spend BILLIONS on an proven to be ineffective JOKE called "The War on Drugs." Why? Because of the kids !!!

If you don't do this or that, you're damaging the kids !!!

Since: Sep 09

Springboro, OH

#13 Jul 19, 2011
Tony Hunt wrote:
Tony,

Worthington, like much of suburban Central Ohio is home to soccer moms in mini-vans multi-tasking on their way home from work. They cut you off in traffic without a hint of concern for anyone or anything around them. Then you have the teens who are told in driver training not to talk on their cell phones when behind the wheel but that's the first thing they do on their way home from the license bureau.

Then again, if you're sitting in traffic at 315 & 270, and just sitting there and sitting and sitting, and not moving, then I suppose a cell phone is a means of letting people know you're gonna be very-very late arriving to wherever -- or to tell them you're slowly going insane.

When roads and highways are an after-thought to developers (welcome to Columbus) then traffic is the bi-product of their poor planning. You have 175,000 people living within 10 miles of 315 & 270 and there simply isn't enough road space to support that population.
HAHAHAHAHA

Columbus, OH

#14 Jul 19, 2011
Oh, boy! All of $180K toward $293 MILLION for the entire project? Yeah, Worthington bicyclists should get preferential treatment for that kind of skin. Sure...

Hey, I found a penny on the sidewalk yesterday. If I chip that in, can you build me my own lanes on this new interchange? And make sure I can open the gates with my iPhone, please...
Sabc

Circleville, OH

#15 Jul 19, 2011
FINALLY - a much needed change. Can it not be started before 2014? I may be dead by then (ha).
78 WHS grad

Raleigh, NC

#17 Jul 19, 2011
Whoa! That's a he77 of a lotta $$ to be spending to completely "rearrage" freeway traffic patterns at a currently high frequency, high traffic area.
I'm with Yaeger. I guess it's better than nothing- but. What with the changeover of Worthington Square Mall ownership- I can only hope they were instrumental in having a say about making it 'easier' for I-270 travelers to make a less snarled trip, accident prone trip, to - "The Mall".~sarcasm~

Since: Apr 10

Westerville, OH

#18 Jul 19, 2011
Barrack wrote:
I do not understand why the money is spent for Bike Paths on highways when a few low passenger, none tax paying or licensed vehicles are operated, generally creating unsafe conditions for motor Vehicles as well as the bicycle riders. Must be a part of the "CHANGE" THINGY Where the masses support the non paying.....Had Enough?
Well, they could just ride along the side of the road with the wonderful road sharing cars that cross the bridge over 270.
Tony Hunt

Arvada, CO

#19 Jul 20, 2011
"With the exception of a few municipalities..."???

Well, Block, perhaps you should consider stepping out of the hole you live in, or turn off the Rush Limbaugh show long enough to find out some facts.

A hands free device is required by law in 9 states plus D.C. To be clear, this simply states you must use some type of mic/audio device, such as a Bluetooth headset, while using your cell phone while driving. Oh, yeah, two of those states happen to be CA & NY - I'd have to say that's just a tad bit more than a few municipalities.

Although I am an ardent supporter of individual rights, I strongly believe in this type of law. I continually think people's amazingly poor driving can't get any worse, then I witness yet another example of carelessness that either causes an accident or creates the need for evasive maneuvers. About that time they think about putting down the cell phone...
block island wrote:
"If you don't do this, you have got to have the honesty to look yourself in the mirror and say,'I just gave someone the opportunity to kill a child.' "
NOTICE HOW using children is how people attempt to bully everyone else into doing what they want ?
With the exception of a few municipalities in the US, most people use cell phones while driving. Are we a nation of child killers as a result?
We have to spend BILLIONS on an proven to be ineffective JOKE called "The War on Drugs." Why? Because of the kids !!!
If you don't do this or that, you're damaging the kids !!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Steel Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
LADWP Tests Earthquake Resistant Water Pipes Nov 14 Peter 1
U.S. Supreme Court weighs fight over changing c... (Nov '13) Nov 10 FurFaukSakes 7
Welded Tube-Berkeley closes pipe plant next to ... (Aug '12) Oct 28 Michael2327 4
UPDATE 1-Russia's Severstal sells U.S. plants t... Oct 27 eire88 11
Amid the Global Economic Crisis, China Rises (Oct '09) Oct 27 Flint Refugee 340
A case of buyer's remorse? What went wrong at U... Oct '14 Little Proud 8782Guy 4
Novamerican Steel Inc. Announces Its Name Chang... (Feb '09) Sep '14 KPUT 794

Steel People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE