U.S. Steel loses appeal

May 26, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CTV.ca

United States Steel Corp., accused of breaking promises it made to Ottawa to maintain jobs when it bought Hamilton-based Stelco Inc.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11
Gus

Brampton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2011

Judged:

Love it !!!
Gus

Brampton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2011

Judged:

Is Lakeside Steel still iterested in purchasing US Steel Canada? I see that they have done a major expansion in Alabama and just bought a pipe processing plant in Corpus Christi, Texas.
Mike2

Ancaster, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 27, 2011

Judged:

Gus wrote:
Is Lakeside Steel still iterested in purchasing US Steel Canada? I see that they have done a major expansion in Alabama and just bought a pipe processing plant in Corpus Christi, Texas.
...One of the Major reasons why they expanded to the Southern States are the Cheaper Taxes,and most Importantly for them are the Cheap(Third World Comparably)Wages...So that may give you an Idea what they might do here, if they buy out US Steel Canada!

Since: Nov 10

3 little birds

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2011

Judged:

It is far past time U.S. STEAL got their heads around to the fact that this is NOT america and either negotiate or sellus to someone who wants to produce STEEL. For GODS SAKE SELL US (Hello Arcelor Mittal)
Allhere

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 1, 2011

Judged:

30yearswith5 tomakeup wrote:
It is far past time U.S. STEAL got their heads around to the fact that this is NOT america and either negotiate or sellus to someone who wants to produce STEEL. For GODS SAKE SELL US (Hello Arcelor Mittal)
You would not be happy with them either, you just want to get paid big bucks to do as little as you can. I know your type. knob

Since: Nov 10

3 little birds

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 2, 2011

Judged:

Allhere wrote:
<quoted text>You would not be happy with them either, you just want to get paid big bucks to do as little as you can. I know your type. knob
Get back inside the Gate AFI AFI AFI AFI AFI
Allhere

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 3, 2011

Judged:

30yearswith5 tomakeup wrote:
<quoted text>
Get back inside the Gate AFI AFI AFI AFI AFI
KNOB KNOB KNOB KNOB
molten steel maker

Hamilton, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2011

Judged:

the uss has met their match,they are not biger than their bridges,and will have a full redress on their plate to fully compensate the workers first and foremost but not before they are ordered to leave the pensioners alone,to allow them to enjoy their retirement in peace and harmony with their family,s . ONE DAY LONGER ONE DAY STRONGER!
Mike2

Ancaster, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 5, 2011

Judged:

molten steel maker wrote:
the uss has met their match,they are not biger than their bridges,and will have a full redress on their plate to fully compensate the workers first and foremost but not before they are ordered to leave the pensioners alone,to allow them to enjoy their retirement in peace and harmony with their family,s . ONE DAY LONGER ONE DAY STRONGER!
...Good one well Said...Totally Agree!!
QUITTNER

Toronto, Canada

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 6, 2011

Judged:

9:36 am Monday, June 6, 2011:
RE: U.S. Steel loses appeal
..... Production should never be higher over the long term than the actual sales. The trouble with USS was their optimism at the time they wanted to buy STELCO after STELCO got into trouble. They never should have promised (whatever). The demand for steel depends a lot on whatever the automobile manufacturers are able to sell, and we know what troubles THEY got into recently.
ANGELA

Ashburn, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Judged:

Am angela Hello let me give this testimony to the public about a great man who help me out in serious illness I have HIV AID for good 5year and I was almost going to the end of my life due to the way my skin look like all I have in my mind is let me just give up because life is not interesting to me any longer but I just pray for god every day to accept my soul when ever Iím gone lucky to me my kids sister run to me that she found a doctor in the internet who can cure HIVAID she help me out on everything the man ask for my picture, so he can cast a spell on me from his temple after all he ask is done 45mins later I started getting more stronger my blood start flow normally for 4 to 5 days I start getting Wight before a month my body start developing my skin start coming up after 2month I went for HIV test and I was tested negative Iím so happy that I can say Iím not a HIV patient if you have HIVAID or any sickness please for your save contact him for cure now dr.obadanspellhome@gmail.com call +2347054380911.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 11 of11
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Steel Discussions

Search the Steel Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Executive of the Year (Mar '08) 11 hr lyyyyyffff cooooach 6
Nucor disputes $52M antitrust verdict Apr 7 Old man- Bville 1
Alloy Steel Manufacturer in India Apr 4 Jaspal Verma 1
shiloh industries (Apr '07) Feb '14 Former Employee 11
Mikhail Kalashnikov Passes Away, Leaves AK-47 L... Feb '14 2ndAmRight 614
United Methodist Children's Home to end residen... (Nov '10) Feb '14 Marina 42
Easier flights abroad likely for local airlines... Jan '14 More cold coming 1
•••
•••