Freer girl, 5, dies after being hit w...

Freer girl, 5, dies after being hit with air rifle shot by brother

There are 30 comments on the Corpus Christi Caller story from Aug 19, 2010, titled Freer girl, 5, dies after being hit with air rifle shot by brother. In it, Corpus Christi Caller reports that:

Police believe the girl's death was accidental, said Freer Police Chief Roy Salazar.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Corpus Christi Caller.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
somone

Corpus Christi, TX

#1 Aug 19, 2010
i think its crazy for the parents to leave them unattended or by them self belive people like that eaither not have cildrean or find a baby sister thow its sad its just an op
wow

Dallas, TX

#2 Aug 19, 2010
This is horrible that you posted this. You sick person.
Ugh

Corpus Christi, TX

#3 Aug 19, 2010
I agree with wow..

seriously wtf is wrong with you?

NOW is not a good time to bash people's parenting skills. AT LEAST NOT ON A PUBLIC FORUM.

F**king idiot.
its wrong

Dallas, TX

#4 Aug 19, 2010
There was no need to post this u need to respect the family and the little girl u shoukd be ashamed of urself for posting this nobody needs to no what happened just the familly its wrong and disguisting!!! SHAME ON YOU!
OMG

Elgin, TX

#5 Aug 19, 2010
No class whatsoever! Have some respect! It was a freak accident, it isnt anyones fault. You should be ashamed of yourself you freaking moron.
OMG

Elgin, TX

#6 Aug 19, 2010
You can bet your last dollar that Freer will be the LAST place i get buried. Some of you have no respect and feed off of others' misery. It comes to no surprise though, its Freer afterall. No shocker there.
FYI

Corpus Christi, TX

#7 Aug 19, 2010
I dont think anyone posted this.

Its considered news. But the first comment was out of line.
OMG

Elgin, TX

#8 Aug 19, 2010
FYI wrote:
I dont think anyone posted this.
Its considered news. But the first comment was out of line.
Actually, SOMEONE had to have posted, whether it be an editor or a news reporter. It couldnt have generated up on its own or appeared out of thin air. For normal people, it may be news, in this case, bad news. However, in Freer, its just evil gossip to some people.
FYI

Corpus Christi, TX

#9 Aug 19, 2010
Yeah i know someone posted it, it says up there posted by roboblogger... but it's news nonetheless.
Freer

Corpus Christi, TX

#10 Aug 19, 2010
I think the caller has the Keyword "Freer" set in topix, it was posted by ROBOBLOGGER which is nothing more that a computer program, KII 3 has the same thing as they posted the story about Freer cutting pay, Its simply a tool to get you to click on their link, I too think the first comment was out of line out of respect to this good Family whom is suffering more than I could ever describe at the moment, May GOD be with this family is this time of need, Topix itself is not a bad program, its just that Freer has trashed it with rumors and accusations. However the People that have trashed it are simply cowards as they wouldn't dare use their Facebook page to write the stuff they have, its simply like graffiti, but they choose modern technology rather than a fence.
Yeah

Elgin, TX

#11 Aug 19, 2010
Topix is supposed to be news articles of all types and people posting about the news, NOT what freer has made it, a public forum to trash talk and slander people. Unfortunalty the first poster was a jerk but the link being posted is the reason topix is around. Go look at other cities that are not in south texas and you will see that it's pages of news articles, good and bad!
Freer

Corpus Christi, TX

#12 Aug 19, 2010
Look at all the misspelled words including their post alias somone, I hope that person is not from Freer as just in that one sentence shows their level of mentality. I can only hope that somone is never allowed to multiply as we have enough idiots in this world and don't need anymore in Freer
I personally like Topix as I have learned many ways to help me cope with my illness in their public health forums, as well as I have learned about mny interesting things such as automotive and other do it your self forums
aww

Corpus Christi, TX

#13 Aug 19, 2010
r.i.p sara we lovee andd miss you veryy muchh mamms your up with godd noww watch over uss.
H H H

Corpus Christi, TX

#14 Aug 19, 2010
Either way, weather it was a robo-blogger or a person that posted this, they both deserve a virus, cyber-clap, compu-herpes!!
Anonymous

United States

#15 Aug 19, 2010
How could anyone or anything post something so horrible cold & heartless what has this world come to!
bumpy

San Antonio, TX

#16 Aug 20, 2010
this topic is by far one of the best topics i've read in a while in that it deals with facts rather than hearsay. whether or not people think its cold and heartless to discuss the happenings is irrelevant in my honest opinion. keep in mind that my viewpoint isn't representative of a supposed lack of sympathy/empathy for the family, but news is news.
Yeah

Elgin, TX

#17 Aug 20, 2010
YallFcknLoveMe wrote:
How could anyone or anything post something so horrible cold & heartless what has this world come to!
because it's news and topix is for news topix is not for gossip!
OMG

Elgin, TX

#18 Aug 20, 2010
bumpy wrote:
this topic is by far one of the best topics i've read in a while in that it deals with facts rather than hearsay. whether or not people think its cold and heartless to discuss the happenings is irrelevant in my honest opinion. keep in mind that my viewpoint isn't representative of a supposed lack of sympathy/empathy for the family, but news is news.
Your right news is news but freer cant hande news. We need it on a newspaper or on tv, NOT where opinions can be posted bc of stupid people like the first commenter. What if it aas one of your loved ones. You'd want the privacy and respect, at least for one day!!!!!
damn

Corpus Christi, TX

#19 Aug 20, 2010
somone wrote:
i think its crazy for the parents to leave them unattended or by them self belive people like that eaither not have cildrean or find a baby sister thow its sad its just an op
seriously first of all learn to spell!!! How do u know they were not being watched?? Where you there?? It doesn't mean you're a bad parent if of every second of everyday you don't have full attention on your children. There is other things around us to get done. We as parents trust the well being of our children not in a million years would a parent predict something so horrible like this to happen. So for you to judge and assume these kids were not being watched is out of line. The minutes you just spent on the computer is not having full attention on your children...so does that make you a bad parent??? I swear no respect!!! Let the family have peace!!!!
Very Sad

Lufkin, TX

#20 Aug 20, 2010
So sad for this family's loss. Accidents can happen anytime - I pray that God will comfort them during this time of loss. No matter what gets said, there is a family suffering and seriously hurting - prayers are going up for them and everyone who loved this little girl.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sporting Goods Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Smith & Wesson: Pull The Trigger Into Earnings Mar '16 Prep-for-Dep 3
News Augusta Housing Director says Gordon Highway TA... Jan '16 ken 1
News A girl and her father examine a rifle at the Ou... Dec '15 Ritual Habitual 1
Lacrosse Equipment (Jul '15) Jul '15 eatlovelax12 1
News Cheektowaga police captain ends mall brawl, arr... (Feb '15) Apr '15 MAYOR DYSASTER 9
News Quiksilver, Kodak earnings in spotlight (Mar '15) Mar '15 phukface 1
The Pocket Shot (Dec '14) Dec '14 pocketshot 1
More from around the web