Virtusa Corp. lowers revenue guidance

Virtusa Corp. lowers revenue guidance

There are 165 comments on the Boston Business Journal story from Jul 7, 2008, titled Virtusa Corp. lowers revenue guidance. In it, Boston Business Journal reports that:

Software vendor and business consultancy Virtusa Corp. sharply lowered its revenue and earnings guidance for the first quarter amid contracting stumbles and a sharp increase in costs.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Boston Business Journal.

First Prev
of 9
Next Last
thokka

Hyderabad, India

#1 Aug 1, 2008
Virtusa has already laidoff around 200 employees today.
Firefox

Sri Lanka

#2 Aug 1, 2008
Virtusa has layed off 60 from Sri Lanka ATC office.
Anonymous

Chennai, India

#3 Aug 1, 2008
Not very sure how many Virtusa employees were sent back home. but it is very surprising. To my knowledge, this is the first time virtusa layoff 200 plus employees.
sam

Milwaukee, WI

#4 Aug 4, 2008
This is the second time.
meme

Hyderabad, India

#5 Aug 5, 2008
hum.. looks like its a cost cutting done by the company due to poor NASDAQ stock performance. the IPO was started with $12 reached up to $16 now it is $7.29
Who Cares

Sri Lanka

#6 Aug 5, 2008
This is nuts.. Virtusa shouldnt have hired loads of people if they had plans to lay off people like this.. Definitly a bad sign for people who are working there..

I feel so bad for the guys and gals who were cought on this.. This shows how bad they manage their own company.. NO job security..
Ramy

Mumbai, India

#7 Aug 5, 2008
This is a sheer death for the virtusa employees .it is no better than the Jammu suicide attack or recent killings.
Kannan

India

#8 Aug 5, 2008
On Monday they have laidoff another 300 employees from their hyderabad office.
kumar

Hyderabad, India

#9 Aug 5, 2008
I dont understand why they take so many employees and later on put them on the roads, this does not seem to be a good practice.

It really shows how bad the company is being managed. "POOR MANAGEMENT"
VMY_2008

New Delhi, India

#10 Aug 5, 2008
Virtusa is the worst Company I had seen. There is no proper correlation between Managemnt n Recruitment team. Staffing team keeps recruiting people in bulk and Management sends them out in bulk. This the work they do...Atrocious ppl!!!
REMO

Bangalore, India

#11 Aug 5, 2008
This is really very harsh on ppl working in virtusa. There is no coordination between the HR and the management due to poor governance. Still there are interviews being held in virtusa.Does it make any sense !!!!
riderzZ

Sri Lanka

#12 Aug 5, 2008
No virtusa is a good compnay and there are no interviews bieng held at the moment.you guyz dont shout without knowing anything about the company and whats happening there.
Pleasant

Bangalore, India

#13 Aug 5, 2008
As I'm working for Virtusa, I know the company better! Anyway, I will move out of Virtusa soon. As I want to do something for the people who will join virtusa in future, I'm posting a message here. At virtusa, they follow worst work culture, NO proper planning (NOT only in HR, everywhere and most of the projects). They will celebrate more number of events, but that's just to attract the people, but employee care is really NIL.

Guys, Whoever got the offer or whoever is willing to join virtusa in future, revisit your decision.

Last but not the least, HR people @ Virtusa feel like they are the kings/Queens of Virtusa. They never care for the employees... No proper response for employees queries or any other thing. I'm really fed up with everything.

You don't trust me, in the induction program, one of the HR told that they are keeping more than 1000 people on the bench, since staffing team recruited more and it seems that there was no proper communication between HR & staffing team.

WHO CARE FOR YOUR CAREER DO NOT JOIN VIRTUSA... YOUR WHOLE CAREER GET SCREWED UP!!

Virtusa is the best in the worst company list
pooja

Bangalore, India

#14 Aug 5, 2008
I appreciate the soul which still supports the company that do not kno the value of employees.it is a sick place to work .none of the Hr there kno how to communicate .sucha unorganised company !!!
Kudos

Bangalore, India

#15 Aug 6, 2008
Yes! kudos for the soul who supports virtusa... But take care friend! Don't stick with the company. They will throw you out anytime when they don't need you! So be careful about your career.

I had seen that so many people who works for Virtusa is desparately looking for a job. It's our bad luck that we joined this company.
Prasad Dixit

United States

#16 Aug 6, 2008
come to know yesterday one of HR called one of my friend.other side i am reading this article.
It is stupidity.One side they are recruiting other side the are laying off.This company should layoff people with proper reason.
i can see few guys ,supporting the company here, i appreciate there loyality but whoever is managing this is totally stupid or over smart.They should talk to there higher management about this idiotic deed of them.
tulasi

Hyderabad, India

#17 Aug 6, 2008
yes i support above coments.
Winner

Chennai, India

#18 Aug 6, 2008
Pleasant,

It is interesting to note that you are in Bombay and you say that you are working in Virtusa. To my knowledge Virtusa dosent have an office in Bombay... No wonder I am confused.

Also you claim that one of the HR said that the company has 1000 people in bench, but companies strength is said to be only 3000 in India.
You mean to say that that HR said that one 3rd of the company is in Bench?

That is a really skwed number.
Mr_Conquer

New Delhi, India

#19 Aug 6, 2008
You dirty winner.........
Don't be confused.
Virtusa is the WORST place to work in this world.
Guruji

India

#20 Aug 6, 2008
I am an ex employee of Virtusa. This company is ruined by dirty politics in the top management and it flows down as well...

They have laid off 200 - 300 ppl back in July 2006 and have done it again.but i would say the worst is yet to come.. wait and watch...

They dont do management they do Micro-Management.

One of the WORST place in the world to work..everyone regretted working there...

God save the employees :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 9
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Software Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Midnight Club: Los Angeles Coming to Xbox, PS3 ... (May '07) Sep 12 jamm 2
News Alibaba vows to fight fakes - and China'sa (Jan '15) Sep 10 jose garrido 5
Buy Adobe and help pay for a stranger to have a... Sep 5 Buddy Baker 1
News Central Floridians worried after sinkhole conta... (Oct '16) Aug '17 Atlanta Puppeteer 4
News Xero director sells $67.9m in shares for charity May '17 Anonymous 1
News Prysmian awarded a $300 million optical cable s... May '17 Dick 1
All About Video Converter For Mac May '17 Dara 1
More from around the web