Facebook posts result in jail time over conditions

Full story: Bennington Banner

A man convicted of sexually assaulting an 11-year-old was given a jail sentence for violating conditions of his probation by drinking alcohol and leaving the state, evidence of which he posted to his Facebook page.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of30
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Seriously

Brighton, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 18, 2011

Judged:

This state is absolutely disgusting on how they hand out sentences to criminals. I'm not saying everyone needs to go to jail, but this guy is a piece of cr*p. Anyone who would do something like this, regardless of how high or drunk they were should be punished. The poor victim and the family gets no closure because the victim has to deal with this for the rest of her life and he only has to deal with it for 5 months? How is this at all fair. Judge Howard, shame on you! I bet that if this were your relative you would be jumping up and down demanding the book be thrown at him. No but instead you continue to hand out ridiculous sentences that welcome pedophiles, rapists and drug dealers into VT.

Maybe if this state took bad criminals seriously, then we wouldn't have the same idiots re offending over and over and over and over. How many victims must suffer at the hands of lazy, stupid and even immoral judges who refuse to do there jobs. It is just unbelievable to me that out of a 20 year sentence someone is given 5 months. Totally unreal. If you go over the boarder to NY and get caught driving under suspension you get arrested, car impounded, tons of fines and jail time. In VT you get a ticket and a pat on the back. They need to revamp the whole damn system in VT. Liberals have made this state into a safe haven for themselves, and all the scum of the earth who now skate by on the liberal laws they passed to protect themselves and their family. Thank you for that! You get off easy, but let everyone scum of the earth in to rob, steal, rape and murder the rest of the public. Job well done!
G-Rod

Lakeville, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2011

Judged:

Seriously wrote:
This state is absolutely disgusting on how they hand out sentences to criminals. I'm not saying everyone needs to go to jail, but this guy is a piece of cr*p. Anyone who would do something like this, regardless of how high or drunk they were should be punished. The poor victim and the family gets no closure because the victim has to deal with this for the rest of her life and he only has to deal with it for 5 months? How is this at all fair. Judge Howard, shame on you! I bet that if this were your relative you would be jumping up and down demanding the book be thrown at him. No but instead you continue to hand out ridiculous sentences that welcome pedophiles, rapists and drug dealers into VT.

Maybe if this state took bad criminals seriously, then we wouldn't have the same idiots re offending over and over and over and over. How many victims must suffer at the hands of lazy, stupid and even immoral judges who refuse to do there jobs. It is just unbelievable to me that out of a 20 year sentence someone is given 5 months. Totally unreal. If you go over the boarder to NY and get caught driving under suspension you get arrested, car impounded, tons of fines and jail time. In VT you get a ticket and a pat on the back. They need to revamp the whole damn system in VT. Liberals have made this state into a safe haven for themselves, and all the scum of the earth who now skate by on the liberal laws they passed to protect themselves and their family. Thank you for that! You get off easy, but let everyone scum of the earth in to rob, steal, rape and murder the rest of the public. Job well done!
Very sickening !!!, he should be castrated !!.
Sharpie

Bennington, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2011

Funny you should mention that G-Rod.
kmrk

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2011

Judged:

The real crime here is the suspended sentence for "time served". Very little consequence for horrific actions.
weird state we live in

Brandon, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2011

Judged:

Briere had testified that she feels Blair is immature and self-focused, and working with disadvantaged people might benefit him"

I don't thing it is a good idea to have a sex offender working with disadvantaged people.
Concerned

Bennington, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2011

Judged:

People who prey on kids-should be locked up and the key thrown away. Study after study after study and report after report indicate that this type of behavior never goes away. Oh, it may be hidden for a while-but it eventually pops to the surface and some times with deadly results.

The judge in this case shoud be "disrobed" period!!!!
G-Rod

Lakeville, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2011

Sharpie wrote:
Funny you should mention that G-Rod.
Why is that?
Oops

Lake Elsinore, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2011

Facebook terms and conditions say that you may not use the service if you are a convicted sex offender.

He is darn lucky he is not being charged with theft of services.

If he wants to network, he should go to: http://www.sorcomm.net/forums/index.php
Shaftsbury Resident

Orleans, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2011

It's to bad this all started when the so called victim teased this young man all the time. And she has gone on with her life,making alot of other peoples lives uphappy
spring

Lakeville, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2011

I guess a Blair can molest a CHILD. That is sick. I remember when a young girl got 2 to twenty years for a car accident, with no deaths. It was a Blair that was hit. I just think the justice system should be looked into. The girl was sentenced because of publicity and probably not enough money to get a good lawyer. How sad. From what I understand that accident was not even close to as bad as the one three people got KILLED. Only 6 months there. Please explain how there can be such a difference in what kind of sentence people get. Does running for public office make a difference. Maybe the 300,000 the people loved from insurance. WHATEVER THE CASE IT IS SAD AND WRONG.
dumbest

Bennington, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2011

Shaftsbury Resident wrote:
It's to bad this all started when the so called victim teased this young man all the time. And she has gone on with her life,making alot of other peoples lives uphappy
Lol. She teased him, so he gets to rape her, is that it? Sicko. Hopefully you don't have children and aren't allowed near them. Freak.
Horne Lorne

Bennington, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2011

A Blair of any color is still a Blair....

More to follow....
Shaftsbury Resident

Orleans, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2011

I believe she was actually 14 and lied about her age.
A Judicial Waste

Bennington, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 19, 2011

Seeing he is in Vermont he will probably get more time for violating his probation that the original charge which Vermont happily suspended. Why did the court even waste the time to prosecute him and put the victim through it?
Pierce

Newfane, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2011

This is another case of slapping a repeat offender on the hand- this man keeps reoffending, again this man keeps reoffending- addiction will not be handled by an ankle monitor- make this person go to recovery meeting- they are everywhere- 1 or 2 a day- the only way to any chance of helping him (anyone).
"Oh now I am ready to change" defense has been worn out by this man- time to give him a dose of reality!!

“Congrats to Green Bay”

Since: Jun 08

Pittsburgh, Pa

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2011

Judged:

Oops wrote:
Facebook terms and conditions say that you may not use the service if you are a convicted sex offender.
He is darn lucky he is not being charged with theft of services.
If he wants to network, he should go to: http://www.sorcomm.net/forums/index.php
Congratulations, you have been selected as my "IDIOT OF THE DAY"...
How in the hell can you be charged with the theft of something that is FREE????

I await your inevitable humorous response.....
marky is jealous again

South Acworth, NH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 20, 2011

Horne Lorne wrote:
More to follow....
You wish it were you being violated, don't you marky?
Random Arrow

Montpelier, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2011

Yet another criminal mastermind foiled by Facebook!
Concerned

Bennington, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2011

Horne Lorne wrote:
More to follow....
Cute that is like say ALL men are pigs or ALL women are B**ches or ALL teens are delinquents. Painting with a broad brush is conunter productive and very small minded.
Sparky

Bennington, VT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 21, 2011

Concerned you just don't get what they were saying do you? A Blair of any color is a Blair. Thats a fact. Why is it so hard for you to understand? Now on your rebuttal which makes no sense, ALL men are pigs or ALL women are B**ches or ALL teens are delinquents, where is the comparison? I do know that ALL female dogs are B**ches and ALL teens are juveniles. Those are facts.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of30
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••