Pittsfield drowning victim identified

Pittsfield drowning victim identified

There are 8 comments on the Berkshire Eagle story from Jul 5, 2013, titled Pittsfield drowning victim identified. In it, Berkshire Eagle reports that:

Authorities have identified the man who drowned in the west branch of the Housatonic River last week as 18-year-old Christian Giovanni Marquez, of Los Angeles, Calif.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Berkshire Eagle.

Welcome To Pittsfield

United States

#1 Jul 6, 2013
What a horrible tragedy. But what was he doing in that filthy death trap in the first place. It doesn't look like a swimming hole to me. Why isn't the property cleaned up, maintained and secured?
Last Spot Pittsfield

United States

#2 Jul 6, 2013
Safely made it from LA.
Last Stop Pittsfield

United States

#3 Jul 6, 2013
Last Spot Pittsfield wrote:
Safely made it from LA.
Survived LA, but not Pittsfield.
Anonymous

United States

#4 Jul 12, 2013
Money! There is no money to keep things clean and repaired. Just look at the roads in Berkshire county. I blew out two tires in a major pot hole. It seems when they are fixed they are not repaired properly. Maybe it is new type of patch material.
the city I hate

Pittsfield, MA

#5 Jul 12, 2013
Well the city had money to buy a new magic black top machine. I think it was recommended by Ruberto's boy friend, the jr. mayor snow czar Barrett. But then the city also had money for Ruberto's boy friend, the jr. mayor snow czar Barrett.
Kayla Renee

United States

#6 May 7, 2015
I do not at all appreciate people talking about this situation as if they know what they are talking about. Christian was my friend. He wasn't from around here so he didnt think twice about jumping into the water. There were many people there, that is until he began to go under. I went in myself because he refused to get out. I reached him when swam back to the shore we started getting pulled. I held onto a branch that was sticking up out of the water and held him with my other hand as he began to go under. I was screaming for help, to the many on lookers mostly men who were more physically capable then me, but everyone left aside from one who called 911. The branch broke and i began to go under too and thats when my grip on him slipped. I watched him disappear under the water and grabbed a piece of cement where my friend helped me up and stopped me from diving back in. While he was on the phone with 911 i ran down stream thinking he may appear on the otherside but he didn't. It took police forever to get there, and even though they were called to a drowning no one came prepared to help him. I tried with everything i had to keep him above water. It took them 32 hours to recover my friends body, which i had to identify. He was only eighteen. And the most honest person id ever met. Someone who most certainly should not have died that soon. And maybe if someone would have helped me he wouldnt have died that day. I was twenty and all of a hundred pounds. There were five other grown ass men there who could have and should have helped me. But didnt. So yes, Pittsfield is an aweful place. And i hate it and its people. Now mill street has warnings of its unseen drains... and fences. Which should have been there to begin with.
cops are liars and thugs

Pittsfield, MA

#7 May 8, 2015
Kayla Renee wrote:
I do not at all appreciate people talking about this situation as if they know what they are talking about. Christian was my friend. He wasn't from around here so he didnt think twice about jumping into the water. There were many people there, that is until he began to go under. I went in myself because he refused to get out. I reached him when swam back to the shore we started getting pulled. I held onto a branch that was sticking up out of the water and held him with my other hand as he began to go under. I was screaming for help, to the many on lookers mostly men who were more physically capable then me, but everyone left aside from one who called 911. The branch broke and i began to go under too and thats when my grip on him slipped. I watched him disappear under the water and grabbed a piece of cement where my friend helped me up and stopped me from diving back in. While he was on the phone with 911 i ran down stream thinking he may appear on the otherside but he didn't. It took police forever to get there, and even though they were called to a drowning no one came prepared to help him. I tried with everything i had to keep him above water. It took them 32 hours to recover my friends body, which i had to identify. He was only eighteen. And the most honest person id ever met. Someone who most certainly should not have died that soon. And maybe if someone would have helped me he wouldnt have died that day. I was twenty and all of a hundred pounds. There were five other grown ass men there who could have and should have helped me. But didnt. So yes, Pittsfield is an aweful place. And i hate it and its people. Now mill street has warnings of its unseen drains... and fences. Which should have been there to begin with.
It took police forever to get there, and when they did get there, they were useless. What a surprise! But then, you really didn't expect them to be heroes, did you. Peace.
Praxis33

United States

#8 May 8, 2015
cops are liars and thugs wrote:
<quoted text>It took police forever to get there, and when they did get there, they were useless. What a surprise! But then, you really didn't expect them to be heroes, did you. Peace.
Pedophile alert. To bad it wasn't you who drowned. Go away scum. This scum posts under many names:
the usual suspects
cops are liars and thugs
the city I hate
call me a cynic
DCF DSS CPS are Monsters
infamy is forever
Luca Brasi
and in other news
die Stadt die ich hasse
cops are thieves
DCF Monsters and Ogres
Nothing more than a scumbag.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Social Software Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Russian who says he helped meddle in US electio... 19 hr Evilgelicalling 1
News ONLINE PROSTITUTION: With Craigslist Adult Serv... (Sep '10) Mon Yuck5966 15
News The case for Trump-Russia collusion: We're gett... Mon WasteWater 100
News Apple, Google, Facebook and Uber urge Supreme C... Oct 13 Fredrick 4
News Mark Zuckerberg apologizes for Puerto Rico VR s... Oct 11 Taxpayer 1
News The Latest: Before church shooting, bizarre Fac... Oct 9 Jeeshush Sheeeria 48
News Man arrested after Georgia cops find more than ... Oct 8 logic 3
More from around the web