Company Doing Blasting at CHO Has His...

Company Doing Blasting at CHO Has History of Problems

There are 11 comments on the NBC29 Charlottesville story from Jun 13, 2013, titled Company Doing Blasting at CHO Has History of Problems. In it, NBC29 Charlottesville reports that:

Friday, we're learning the company that is doing the blasting at the Charlottesville Albemarle Airport has a long record of problems - up and down the East Coast.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NBC29 Charlottesville.

Liberalace

Lexington, VA

#1 Jun 14, 2013
Back to school...it's Marblehead, not Marble Head.

R.I.P.: Bill Webber
RandomThoughts

Atlanta, GA

#2 Jun 14, 2013
NBCenshorship29 will get down and dirty digging into a non story .

Anybody seen the missing black kid ?

How is the guy doing the CPD shot ?

Did the VSP ever decide who is investigating the brutal death of Morgan Harrington ?

Update on lawn mower death ?

Has Ken Slack aka sleepy smurf got that mess on Afton cleared up ?

FOIA and some investagative reporting by nbcliberalnews on recent and yet again .... unarmed citizen killed by cop ?

Does anybody have the number for those kids starting up the news team so maybe we can get some UNBIASED coverage in this area ?

Where was I ?
jim2051charlotte sville

AOL

#3 Jun 14, 2013
Oh, you moved to the pristine county for to be away from everthing and all the traffic and noise. You forgot the one thing that was important. You moved next to an airport which are always growing if they have the land. Feel lucky one of those planes has not crashed on you house. Wait until they expand it big enough so the big boys land and depart. They will rattle your windows all day and night. Blasting happens in construction. Live with it or move out. I hear the have some prime homes up around Dulles.
scam artist

United States

#4 Jun 14, 2013
Sounds like a scam to me. just wandering who is scamming for the insurance money.
EnoughAlready

Charlottesville, VA

#5 Jun 14, 2013
These Walnut Hills whiners just won't give up. It's like some kind of bad wart that keeps popping up. You chose to move near an airport so shut up. Everyone has heard your sob story and we don't buy it and don't really care. Also, no one believes your claims and regards you in the same category as frivolous lawsuits and those who sit around concocting schemes to get settlements. Get a life and just accept the fact that your builder skimped on the footers and probably did no compacting. STOP BLAMING EVERYONE ELSE FOR YOUR SORRY SITUATION! WE'RE SICK OF HEARING ABOUT IT.
jogger

Farmville, VA

#6 Jun 15, 2013
should never have bought a house near the airport...if you want to live near an airport then just rent....never buy......near an airport because eventually construction will be going on...
Wall Nut

Charlottesville, VA

#7 Jun 15, 2013
Walnut trees don't grow on hills
BWEagle

Waynesboro, VA

#8 Jun 15, 2013
THIS IS CRAZY. Does the top brass at NBC29 live there? This story lands as the 1st story every other day. I'm not going to throttle the homeowners but I will say this: Why wouldn't you pay to have your homes inspected the MINUTE you started to see new cracks? THEN video EVERYTHING from that point. You would get the $ back if that's the issue. Personally I wouldn't care what it cost to prove that someone is breaking my house apart. I would assume that the company has to warn you before any blasts!?! further more, WHY do you think that starting a fight with this company BEFORE the final demo is completed and the claims period begins would help. OF COURSE they would go on a defensive. I really don't think that the BOS, Airport Board, and whatever local government entities involved over there would look the other way if you had followed the proper protocol and were still given the shaft. I can't imagine that the airport and blasting company will be real chummy now.
Gnu

Charlottesville, VA

#9 Jun 15, 2013
Airport was built in the mid 50's - nothing up that way in the 50's, much less Walnut Hill.
Walnut Hill is awfully close though, beautiful properties and homes, but way too close.
As commercial jet flights increase, it will add to the noise problem - but unlike blasting, it will be permanent.(bigger planes need longer runways make more noise)
Wm Hitt

Douglasville, GA

#10 Jun 15, 2013
Cho is just another Big Business....To expand the airport.....I am tired of the 5:30 to 7:00 am flights over our neighborhood and city....send the planes north of us......Pegas flighs over our house all hours of the night.......Big business...no concern about people who live under the flight paths....Shame...Shame...

Wm R Hitt
DHS Purchasing Dept

Alexandria, VA

#11 Jun 15, 2013
Show me any blasting company that has good reviews from the neighbors around the job site.

This just in to the newsroom: People in their homes don't like nearby explosions!

The premise of this story is as prepostorus as stating that all americans respond to surveys because everyone that responded to a survey responded to the survey.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Search Engines Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Best SEO Services: Optimization Process for New... (Mar '11) Mon cpa2client 11
News Christian Forums.net - Members only Moderated C... (Aug '09) Aug 5 Ed Aponte Miranda 13
News EBay Launches Free Classified Ads Site 'Kijiji' (Jul '07) Jul '17 Michael 181
News What American Google Searches Teach Us About Ga... Jun '17 Xstain Mullah Decree 3
News Look Who Got Busted: How To Remove Your Mug Sho... (May '11) Jun '17 trio 150
News 8 Diy Seo Tips to Optimize Your Mobile Marketing Jun '17 jojay 1
News The AI fight is escalating: This is the IT gian... May '17 Julzee111 1
More from around the web