Stock slide includes LI's 10 biggest ...

Stock slide includes LI's 10 biggest companies

There are 8 comments on the Newsday story from Mar 2, 2009, titled Stock slide includes LI's 10 biggest companies. In it, Newsday reports that:

Stocks of Long Island 's largest companies, just like shares of companies across the country, are taking a beating in the market so far this year, despite impressive earnings from some and strong "buy" ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

john rotten

Newark, NJ

#1 Mar 2, 2009
wow an economics professor at dowling college teamed up with a newsdump reporter telling us why stocks are down. maybe we should call them for financial advice. no mention that the markets down thirty percent since the obama coronation
Fukem

Far Rockaway, NY

#3 Mar 2, 2009
Here's a new hadline:

"Liberal Scumbag Speculates On Market Downturn"
jimmy

Richmond Hill, NY

#4 Mar 2, 2009
To Sure - Glad O caught your dumb racist dribble, so I could flag it and it will be deleted. You dinasours should go back to your caves with bin Laden
Busey

North Bergen, NJ

#6 Mar 2, 2009
jimmy wrote:
To Sure - Glad O caught your dumb racist dribble, so I could flag it and it will be deleted. You dinasours should go back to your caves with bin Laden
Why? You don't like the 1st amendment?
ECONOMIST

Bronx, NY

#7 Mar 2, 2009
We can lay some of the blame of this bad economy on the media, as well as the government for scaring the public. Now they are using the word depression. The should not even mention depression at a time like this. when you tell people the economy is going to get worse it is going to get worse because you scared them into not spending there money. Instead of scaring everyone try working on giving confidence back to people. SIMPLE ECONOMICS say, if everyone one begins spending money again, the economy will correct itself. but who is going to spend when they keep saying things are going to get worse. they are only making things worse. heres a tip for the govt. keep your mouth shut and just deal with the problem.
Luther

United States

#8 Mar 2, 2009
Don't fret! You can all sleep at John Cooper's house! He loves you and supports Obama and he will take you in! Call those overpaid cops Coop!
jonny john

United States

#9 Mar 3, 2009
wow that is good news!
when this is a pay site it will be even better news!

i can't wait to pay for reading this terrific news
goodbye my fellow AMERICANS!
u serious

Bronx, NY

#10 Mar 3, 2009
its about time the economy tanked. all the greed, thievery and selfish people in the world finally made it happen. now get back to basics , eat home, dump. the second car get a bicycle and go mow a lawn for sum extra money and stop whining. oh, and wash your own car while your at it.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Scientific Instruments Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Danaher Corporation (DHR) Insider William King ... Jul '17 jasondjh 1
Kitchen For Sale In Glasgow Area UK (Oct '16) Oct '16 Anonymous 1
News OSI Systems's Sell Rating Reaffirmed at Benchma... (Dec '13) Jan '16 Human 35
News Microvision, Inc. (MVIS) Coverage Initiated at ... (Dec '15) Dec '15 emanresu 1
Simisometer (Jan '13) Aug '15 DC from LA 2
News EARTHQUAKES: University of Oklahoma developed q... (Jun '15) Jun '15 great 1
News 3D Systems: Weighing The Bankruptcy Risk (Mar '15) May '15 SuriJohn 2
More from around the web